Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Tahoe complete electric/nav shutdown

2»

Comments

• Just wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly, amygray27,
    You've visited a dealership for them to look into the stereo concern discussed earlier in the thread and they weren't able to resolve it?

Thanks,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • After doing more research online it looks like the solution is to replace the amplifier that is in the center console. It's at least a $500 part, so I have not changed it yet. 2 things that I've noticed are it seems to happen a lot less frequently at cooler temperatures and if I turn the key to the "on" position for a second before starting, it also makes the problem occur less.
  • I'm having the exact same problem just today. The screen on my nav/audio system won't even come on it's completely black and dead. On too of that it's saying the parking assistance is turned off. It's really pissin me off... Are you for sure that the amp being replaced would fix it? Thanks for the help.
  • I'm not positive, it's what I've been able to find out researching the web.
  • Did anyone figure out how to solve the problem? Mine is doing the exact same thing
  • Starting to experience this problem on my Tahoe now. Does anybody have a solution to this problem?
  • I'm having the same issue now that I think several others are experiencing. Radio, chimes etc. are cutting out and it seems to be the amp like others. I guess my biggest question is can I just replace it with an aftermarket or do I have to get another $500 (with labor) oem? Anyone got experience with this? I've had suburbans for 15 years now but, I'm about through after this one. Thanks.
  • We understand you're exploring your options, basspat, and hope that you get some great feedback from the Edmunds community. If you decide to work with a GM dealership on this please keep us updated on your progress as we're available to check into the situation further.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • shg62shg62 Posts: 1
    My 2007 Tahoe just did the same electrical radio, nav., DVD, blinker and chime as the others I was told I need a new radio? I did see recalls for electrical but it was not on this. I had problems with a 1998 Chev. truck, and it burned in my front yard at night. So I and hoping this has a solution cause he is saying a new radio is $1,200.00.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Hello shg62,

We can check for recalls on your vehicle if you wanted to email us the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com.

• The radio in my 2009 suburban has been "glitching" out every few minutes for the past 3 months. When this started happening, my Bluetooth also stopped working. This morning the radio completely died. My audio screen still works -I can see the stations - but there is no audio at all. The blinker sound also isn't working. I ran it into the dealer and he said the radio probably would need to be replaced. I didn't have time this morning for him to run any diagnostic tests on it. Has anyone run into this and had it fixed?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    sade1961,

If you feel you would like for us to work with you through the process of getting this checked into at the dealership, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• cmachk1cmachk1 Posts: 4
    Any solutions on the radio and blinker issue? Mines at the dealer now and they can't find the problem!!!!!!!
  • tac147tac147 Posts: 8
    I ended up changing my battery and going up one size. That was about a year ago and it seems to have solved the problem. With the old battery, it happened several times per day.
2»