Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz C-300 2008+

Comments

• Your dealer knows you are not likely to replace those tires before the tire warranty itself is over. The wheels, on the other hand will be expensive to replace. There are, however, many companies that make replica wheels and the 18" AMGs on the C will surely be in production at some point. Wheel repair shops can also do some pretty amazing things with damaged wheels. I have paid $200 to have an 18" wheel fix and repainted. I bought it damaged, but need it. Seems a bargain compared to these dealership insurance plans. Knock on wood, I have owned may cars with performance low-profile tires and large wheels and have never damaged them. You know they are on your car, so drive accordingly. :)
  • I recently sighned a contract on a new C350. I was suprised that Mercedes does not offer a memory sytem for seats. It seems that is a standart item on cars in this pricerange.
  • rlm51rlm51 Posts: 21
    Thanks for the comments. And I agree, I think that the dealership went the extra mile rather than just trying to blow off the problem.

Dust and cleaning should not be an issue as I do weekly washes, and as soon as feasible after driving in the snow/muck.

Odd now that I think about it though, I once leased a Subaru Outback that exhibited the same symptoms -- squeaky brakes. The service department never did figure that one out; always chalked it up to brake dust. Needless to say, I turned the squeaky thing in the day the lease expired. But the point is, both vehicles are full time all wheel drive. Wonder if there is anything to that?

Regards,

Bob in the Mile High City
  • rlm51rlm51 Posts: 21
    Thank you for your information.

I will monitor closely, and hope that the brake overhaul works. Everything is documented for future issues, but not something that I would look forward to engaging in. I hope that this is not a first generation thing. By the way, is your C300 Lux a 4Matic?

Regards,

Bob in the Mile High City
  • I have two kids - 5 and 8. They use backless booster seats.

The ones we have for our other car seem to be too wide for the backseats and it is a bit of a hassle for the kids to buckle themselves or even for us to buckle them.

Any one have any experiences with booster seats that may fit well/better?

Thanks
  • I agree w/ you re: the seats---it took me a long time to get my seat where I want it and now if my wife drives the car, it screws me up---not happy about the lack of memory seats at all-
  • I agree, no memory on the seats is unforgivable! My MY2005 E320 CDI and my wife's previous MY2002 C320 were equipped with memories. When my wife bought the MY2008 C300 I didn't discover it had no memory seats until after taking delivery. Therefore, I don't drive her car!
  • I, too, have a 2008 C-class Sport and am very frustrated with the brake squeal.

I have 5K miles on it, and the squeal has gotten much worse. The dealer "cleaned the pads" and "lubed" something, but the problem still exists. For the most part, the service department kind of "brushed it off" as a temporary symptom because MB supposedly used a "new type of brakes" on this model. Who knows? All I want, is for this problem to be fixed once and for all.

It's embarrassing to pull away from the gas pumps with my car squealing like an old jalopy.

I'll be calling the service department in the morning to make another appointment to get this issued resolved. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thank you.
  • I purchased a 2008 MB c-class Sport 4-matic a few months ago and there's considerable brake squeal that is getting worse. Dealer has not been able to solve the problem so far. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  • Hi Mike,

You may actually be unknowingly creating the problem by thinking you are just turning down the radio. You can alter the volume of the audible commands _during_ the commands via the volume control on the steering wheel. So, when you think you are turning down the volume of the radio _during_ a command... you are actually turning down the volume setting of the audible commands. Get the commands going and then increase the volume via your steering wheel control _during_ a command... that should solve your problem.
  • rick92rick92 Posts: 14
    I think you should get serious with this. If they can't fix it, they have to replace the whole brake system. If it keeps on happening, it becomes a lemon, and the law allows you to take the delaer and MBUSA to court. It is unacceptable.
  • I currently drive a 330xi which drives well in the snow..like we just had in SE Wisconsin last week. Can anyone comment about their experience with the 2008 C300 sport 4matic in winter driving conditions. I'm seriously looking at the MB300 sport 4 matic..I just want to make sure it feels secure in winter. Thanks
  • I traded in my 2002 Ford Explorer for the 2008 MB C300 luxury 4matic. I was a little skeptical at first. But surprisingly, it drives just as well as the suv in the snow. I live in Ohio, I drive 22.5 miles one way to get to work everyday, and this car has been awesome in the snow. I drive with confidence and a feeling of security. The 4matic is the only way to go if you have to drive in snowy conditions.
  • wrs2wrs2 Posts: 2
    Oh Great, I bought my first MB ( C300 Lux 4matic) 1628 miles Brake squealing has started! Thats the reason for checking this page to see if anyone else has been having any brake noise. Well I guess I will start the process of taking it back & forth to the Dealer hopefully,they can find a cure ! Wish I had found this page BEFORE I bought MB
  • Changed my mind. Now I LOVE the iPod integration kit!
  • You have my sympathy. I, too, am dealing w/brake squeal since Nov. '07 when I bought my 2008 C-class. The dealer doesn't do anything when I call about this problem--their reason is there's nothing that can be done until MB comes up w/a solution to this. I am so frustrated, not to mention embarrassed, with this problem. We should contact MB directly for a solution to this problem. By the way, the squeal gets worse as you rack up mileage. If I get any info I'll be sure to post it on Edmunds.
  • Does anyone know who sells aftermarket wheels for the 2008 C300 4matic sport?

I want to upgrade to chrome wheels instead of the painted 17" OEM. I do however want to stick with OEM widths and offsets.

Most websites like tire rack and discount tire don't have specs for fron and rear sizes.

Any one know who or where to look?

Appreciate any input!

thank you
    :)
  • Hi, just wanted to share how happy I am that I decided to have the INVISIBLE BRA installed on my new vehicle, 2008 C350 by a local installer in the SEATTLE area. Being that BLACK is the color of my vehicle, he was able to do a great job and great customer service. I advice individuals if they would like to protect their investment to consider having the INVISIBLE BRA installed, this will protect your vehicle from those little rocks making a chip on your vehicles paint.
    Most dealers will charge you an arm and leg to have this installed. Even after the installer applied the protective film, he continued to keep in touch and asked if I had any problems, he would make time to make sure that I was happy with the installation. More power to NEAL of Seattle. :) Thank you Neal.
  • sarah17sarah17 Posts: 1
    Just bought a C300 with all upgrade options. I can't watch DVD's while driving due to the safety lock. the guys at mercedes said that people have removed this but that they don't know how. Can anyone tell me how this would be done or where to direct me to have it done so I can watch(and not just listen to) movies while on long trips???? :confuse:
  • carabelcarabel Posts: 43
    Please don't alter the safety standard of being able to watch DVD's while driving. This is why some states have rendered cell phones illegal while driving. We also purchased the multimedia option knowing that we can't use it while car is in motion and shouldn't. I think long driving or not, better safe than sorry. Please, think about it.