Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-300 2008+

Comments

The car is more responsive in S mode, it starts in 2nd gear when in C mode. So the start time off the line is slightly slower in C mode. I don't know about gas mialage. I always leave it in S mode.
  • rlm51rlm51 Member Posts: 21
    While not specifically a driving issue, note that the Sport model has different type/size tires on the front vs rear. Rotation is not an option. You just have to replace all four (recommended) when the time comes.

--
    Bob in the Mile High City
    I have had some experience with items 2 and 3 ...

2. Squeaking brakes ... Noticed the sounds on my vehicle at about 1K miles. Problem solved by a complete brake job (dealer warranty service). No further issues.

3. Parking brake / light mysteriously comes on... Have noticed this maybe 3 - 4 times when backing out of the garage (down a slope). Oddly enough, only when I am driving. My wife (the primary driver) has never noticed or had happened. We suspect that something about the way that my feet are positioned, perhaps hitting the brake on the way in? We do not normally use the parking brake. On my list for the next (13K) service call, though.

--
  • papadoc33papadoc33 Member Posts: 13
    seat died
    mb fixed replaced fuse checked wire harness
    blew again
    anyone have this problem on 2008 c300
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    My E320CDI does not show any differance in gas milage in either mode.
  • cville3637cville3637 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300. It is awesome. If you get the 5 year 100,000 warranty you are covered. MB is top of the line. Anybody can drive a cadillac.
    Enjoy your car!
    What car did you end up getteng?
    I have a 2009 C300 Lux, very satisfied with the car. It's everything I wanted and I get 24 mi to the gal.
    Very nice. So you did not go with a caddy.
    i know you can lock and close allwindow roof and doors from outside the car
    can you open from outside
  • scgirl1scgirl1 Member Posts: 13
    Bought 2010 c300 a week ago and notice a staticy buzz at times while switching through songs via the buttons on the steering wheel. I have an ipod hooked up to it in the glove compartment and an iphone that is hooked up to the blue tooth and stays in my purse. When my husband gets in the car, he carries an LG xenon and some motorola for work. Is it possible that the buzz is coming from interference from these two phones? I have no problem on my own, but then a girlfriend went to lunch with me and has a Blackberry. Got the same noise again. Has anyone else experience this? By the way...the ipod is a 30GB that is 3.5 years old. I also have the first iphone. Help!!!!
  • easman61easman61 Member Posts: 28
    If I can get my wife past in her words, "the snooty" factor, I am seriously considering a C300 sport sedan. Drove one yesterday for the first time and was really impressed. A deal breaker for me would be whether or not golf clubs fit in the trunk. Any ideas? Looks like it might be tight. Thanks in advance
    I have a 2008 c 300 andkeep two sets of clubs in my trunk all season long..no problem enjoy its a great car
  • be325be325 Member Posts: 91
    Hi (I see 2 discussions so I'll place my question on both).
    2008 C-300 Luxury ...from time to time, I get this 'red' message that one of my tires is losing air. I cancel the message (OK botton on the steering wheel) and check the tires visually and they all look good. Further check shows that front and back pressure is correct at 2.8 & 3.0 psi
    Anyone has similar a problem?
    Yea the mirrors make noice ...occasionally when they fold .... never when they unfold.
    Thanks.
    1. i had the same problem went to the dealer and he reset whatever and have not had a repeat with the tires in a year.
    2.my mirrirs make noise on closing too just a whrr which is to expected as a motor is turning
  • hoothoot Member Posts: 7
    If i may ask what was the asking price and what did you pay for the c300.
    thanks
    dick
  • papadoc1papadoc1 Member Posts: 10
    I paid under 34k in 2/08
    great car
    love it best mb i have had and better than bmws i owned too
  • ccbpccbp Member Posts: 1
    Brought a 2008 c300 and I was planning to upgrade from factory headlight to HID. My question is would it be wise for me to do that without having any electrical problem..
  • papichulo1papichulo1 Member Posts: 1
    How to reset the service maintenance indicator MB C3000
    Coolant fluid would Prestone any color do? Thanks Mario
  • annakongannakong Member Posts: 14
    has anyone experienced a chemical smell when you first turn on the ac?

i took it they did an ac flush. they tell me its normal because of the mold, mildew and bacteria in the air.

my fellow benz owners I know have not experienced this. i never had this problem in previous cars.

one friend say they had to replace something in the dashboard.
    they had to replace my driver side mirror. they said they changed the speed of it. it only makes noise every so often now.
    The vehicle in question is 2008 C300 Sport 4Matic with P1, P2, etc.

I've read the several posts re. noises from the auto-folding mirrors, and recently had my purchase dealer investigate. Their solution was some spray solvent (WD-40?). Have not noticed much difference; arguably a tad less noisy. I wonder, though, about those of you who have had the mirror (or drive system or ??) replaced. Any idea how a dealer makes the call to replace vs. try other, less costly "solutions." I've had mixed results with my dealer. One item, they did the right thing; complete replacement the first time. One other item, they attempted what I considered a very tacky work-around (before actually doing a permanent fix during a second service call).

Just wondering if this is worth pursuing, as I am coming up on the three year mark (although only about 18K miles).

Thanks in advance,

• lbunnylbunny Member Posts: 4
  • lbunnylbunny Member Posts: 4
    The arm rest(not leather)split for no reason. Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer says it is not covered under warranty.
  • jiaminjiamin Member Posts: 556
    mbusa.com says the rear tires are wider than the front; it does not say the rear wheels are also wider than the front. One dealer said both wheel and tire are wider at rear.

I need to know this to determine if front and rear tires can be rotated, or only side to side is rotateable.

Anyone knows? Thank you in advance.
    not on the arm rest but my driver seat had slits cut in them for no reason. Dealer replaced it. Sorry
    Front wheels are different from back wheels. It's a sport.

They can only be rotated left to right. A proper tire technician should know this.

You can look at the tire sizes for yourself.
    Thanks!

I don't have the car yet. I was asking a dealer if they can change all four wheels and tires to Luxury C300 setup. Still waiting fir his reply. Am I too crazy?
  • ardentarasardentaras Member Posts: 8
    There is a TSB from MB on this issue. The dealer installs a washer in the mirrors, ask Mercedes dealer to runa TSB on this and perform the repair on BOTH mirrors
    You can do this, the only thing you dont want to do is put stagered rims on a 4MATIC car. You can put non staggered rims on RWD though.
    Coolant is good til 148,000 miles, no need to change it.
    Go to Youtube and look for C300 maintenance rest video. Shows you the procedure, it is easy!
    A dealer will do the least expensive repair, to keep waranty costs down, in most cases anyway. The manufactuers will not pay to perform repairs if an easy fix or an adjustment is needed.
    local dealers agree to offer 11.5% off MSRP, plus $500 off if customer owns another luxury brand.

Does this sound like a good deal? 2012 improved C300 is coming. I am not sure if 2011 price will be lower however selection will be less (whatever is left). Or special order now and wait for about 90 days.

I want Premium 1 and Multimead package and nothing else. Most car with P1 and Multimedia have heated seats because most customers who want P1 and Multimedia also want heated seats, says my dealer. Heated seats cost more than rear view camera, which doesn't make sense in California.
  • eltielti Member Posts: 2
    i own a 2008 mb c300 4matic sport and recently the passenger side heated mirror is not being heated. did anyone else have this problem and they fixed it?
    thnx
  • eltielti Member Posts: 2
    i own a 2008 mb c300 4matic sport and recently the passenger side heated mirror is not being heated. did anyone else have this problem and how they fixed it?
    thnx
    Does anyone know how to update the map if there is a new one? Is it free or not?
    Will update have to be done by dealer?

Thanks.
    There was a new one that came out last year I think. It is not free or cheap but apparently it is reasonable considering....$300+ if I remember correctly. You should have received a letter in the mail letting you know you can upgrade.

I never asked the dealer. I guess it's worth a shot. Who knows? Good luck.

I didn't upgrade because I have a smart phone with the Google Maps and Spring Navigation. I rarely use the the navigation system or any of the fancy things on the car.
    Thanks annakong.
    I bought 2011 C300 Sport last weekend. It has P1 and Multimedia package, wood trim and heated front seats. I started with 7-sp auto only but couldn't help myself. With such a nice car I need to add something.

To me $300 to update the map is a bit too expensive. I bought a Magellan 3030LM (lifetime map) and the whole thing is $101 from amazon. I'd think to update map every other times.
    My car has P1 and Multimedia package. Someone please correct me if I am wrong: This car has bluetooth connection ready but it does not have a bluetooth phone; I need to have a bluetooth cell phone inside the car so car can search the cell phone signal and operate.

Thanks.
    Yes, you need to get a blue tooth equipped cell phone, which is very common these days. You will use the discover mode on both the car and the phone, and then pair them, using the code you see on the screen. It's very easy and most people can get it done in about 15 minutes. Once they are paired, you never have to pair them again and unless you change your cell phone (or your car) it will always work.
  • papadoc1papadoc1 Member Posts: 10
    I have had a motorola razr and now a droid paired with my c300. it works fine follow directions on phone an mb to pair. easy to do and it works
    Thank you avarta1 and papadoc1.

I have a cheap phone with no bluetooth. I do not use cell phone unless there is no land phone and I have to make a call. I might have a wrong impression that some high-end cars have built in phones.
    Under the trunk floor, I see two hooks one on left one on right side. Wonder how I can use them since they are under the floor. And to the right of the spare tire, there is a space with two threaded holes, towards the seat back, not sure what they are for.

I am still slowly reading the owner's manual.
    I asked my dealer about the space next to the spare tire. He said it was for the battery. Now battery is moved to some other place so the weight distribution is closer to 50/50.

As for the Agility Control, is it only with 4Matic (I think), or all C-class has that?
  • carolmh55carolmh55 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 C-300 MBZ Lux...This morning I got in my car and turned the key...nothing...checked battery and it has full charge. Drove it on Sat (sat for 1 day) with no problems. I live in an area where the nearest dealer is 200 miles away. The car won't even go into neutral for towing...any ideas?
  • belleair2belleair2 Member Posts: 6
    We have 33,000 (2008 C-300 Lux) and thinking of replacing our tires for safety. A set of 4 Continental ContiProContact 225/45 R17 91H (original) will set us back a $1000.
    Passing by TiresPlus dealership, we stopped and got an estimate for a set of 4 Potenza for $603 (all included).
    What are the advantages of staying with the original equipment? Continental tires get good reviews.
    Any suggestions?
    We drive 6000 miles per year and rarely going over 60 mph.....is this important at all?
    Someone said that the difference between an accident and close call could be good tires.
    Thanks.
  • patg4patg4 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased same tires from discounttiredirect.com....I had no problems with delivery.. tires came had them put on at a tire shop. I paid around $386.00 for four tires, purhcased replacement warranty for under $25.00. After having the tires for a month I hit a pot-hold, called company they sent me a replacement tire at no cost, no hassles...
  • belleair2belleair2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks patq4.
    Good idea.
    I PUT ON MICHELEIN PILOTS GREAT TIRE SECOND TIME