Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Impala Spark Plug Replacement

2»

Comments

• I still haven't resolved my fuel consumption problems in my Impala. I just bought a scanner/code reader but am having problems getting it to work or to power up off my car. This is the way it is suppose to work according to the individual I bought it from on Ebay. I have checked all the fuses in the car and they all checkout ok. I have also checked the terminals in the OBD Connector and it appears I have power between terminal 5 & 16. Any Ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already written the person who sold it to me, new. He has not responded, I just got it today. Thanks
  • Earlier this summer I had a set of "Halo" spark plugs intalled in my 2000 Impala 3.8l which were supposed to provide a gas mileage improvement, but unfortunately I never saw any improvement, and in fact I had problems show up almost immediately with a missing problem that would kick in when lugging the engine somewhat when going uphill at modest speeds (especially with the AC running). I noticed the metal posts on the plugs where the wires connect to the plugs were the screw-on type, and these tended to work themselves loose over time. Tightening them up would help somewhat, but the problem would never go away.

I finally got fed up with the missing problem and went and bought a set of AC Delco iridium plugs and put them in this weekend. I started with the #2 plug knowing it was the most difficult, and when I finally got this plug off it was broken. The problem is I don't know if it was broken when my mechanic installed them originally (which IS when my missing problem began), if I could have damaged it mid-summer while trying to tighten the metal posts, or if it only broke as I was trying to remove them this weekend. I doubt I damaged the plug tightening the posts, since the #2 plug is the hardest to get to, and I'd think if I'd break one it would be one of those I could get a better handle on. Either way, I know the car runs perfectly fine now that I've gotten the Halo plugs out of there. I've gotten so accustomed to the car missing at set points on my daily commute that I almost feel like I'm driving a new car now that the problem has been resolved.
  • My firned told me that there this tool that you use by, taking off one of the front motor mounts and replacing it with the tool.the it makes the motor tilt, he says its easily accessed after u get the tool. maybe u can rent the tool , i duunno.
  • As of late I have noticed that eventhough the a/c is turned on when I start the car, it does not come on. I have also noticed that the dash light are on but very dim. After I drive for a bit I notice that the interior dash lights brighten and the a/c starts blowing. This is on a 2002 Base Model Impala 3.4 with 61K miles. I do not get any mil so I have no idea what is going on. Has anyone had this problem or does anyone have any suggestions as to where or what to check? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • bsquarebsquare Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Impala. Lately the dash lights will come on full brightness when the car is started. After about 30 seconds, they will then dim so that it is not bright enough to read, along with the radio, climate control, gear indicator and overhead display. Other times they will act normal. I've tried manually turning lights on, etc. , but it seems to have a mind of its own. Anybody have any thoughts on the issue? I've heard it might be the Body Control Module, but not a real inexpensive "fix" if it is not the fix.
    Thanks
  • I had the same problem with mine changed the plugs and now it misfires any thoughts
2»