Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sportage Prices Paid & Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,578
    Why are you dumping such a nice Rogue with such low mileage in the first place? I'll agree the Kia, and the Hyundai sister ute, are really nice rides but why get rid of the Rogue? Only reason I ask is that I sat in a few Rogues the other day and they seemed to be a nice truck, and one with such low mileage and leather should be a sweet ride. Or maybe it's just that you want something new. I personally prefer the Hyundai version but hey, that's just personal preference.

I agree with the others here...tell the dealer you're sorry, but you've changed your mind at this point. You don't even need to say that the money being offered on your trade is unacceptable...just that you've changed your mind at this time. Pretty sure they'll find another buyer for the dealer traded car. If you don't, you'll hate this car from day 1, not a good situation at all. Unwind the deal, keep what you have a bit longer & you'll be so much happier. If by the end of the year you still want the Rogue gone, try again. Sometimes just stepping back for awhile is the best course of action to take. You made a mistake...luckily it's not to late to get out of a bad decision.

Good luck and stay strong. After all, it's your $ at stake here.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Update: Bought the Kia Sportage EX loaded w/leather & NAV, and I'm very happy with the deal, and the vehicle! Fairly certain I made the best deal possible, all things considered:

1. The Rogue has been involved in several accidents and near-misses, most of which my insurance co. believes I was not at fault. Realistically, however...well, ima blame the Rogue's %$@ rear pillar, but it could also be any number of other factors. Bottom line, I believe it's under control now, but I need to start fresh with a new vehicle (that I want to keep 10+ years).

For the record, Kia dealer didn't ask about prior wrecks, so I didn't offer up any details...

2. The reason the "spread" was so ginormious between their Sportage and my Rogue trade-in was due to a dealer "add-on" that I wasn't aware of: $2,739 for dentless paint repair/leather hole repair/appearance insurance.

I couldn't figure out why it looked like fully-loaded Sportage EX's were out there for ~$27,600, yet their sales prices to me was $31,374. It was the "appearance insurance" which I didn't need or want.

Once we scrubbed that b.s., it reduced my monthly payments from $425 to $385 per month for 60 months.

Hope this info helps someone else. For the record, I feel real good about this deal!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,890
    Sounds good... You saved $2700 just by taking a deep breath and another look!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Bought a Kia EX in South Florida. All the dealers here charge a dealer fee (read extra dealer profit) which they list on the sales contract as a fee. Here is the deal I worked out:

MSRP: $24,700 ($23,240 invoice per Edmunds without advertising fee)

Paid: $23,200 + $700 deal fee = $23,900
  • bar20bar20 Posts: 15
    This is way late but maybe it will help someone else. The first thing I would do is look up your trade in value at Kelley Blue Book for your car. This is what a dealer should give you for your car. Let's say the KBB trade in value is $12k in very good condition. Ford offers you $14k and the KIA dealer offers $11k. The Ford dealer is giving you $2k extra from his profit while the KIA dealer is low balling your trade in by $1k. Never ever take less from the dealer for your trade in than KBB says its worth. Tell the dealer meet it or I'll beat it out your door. Don't listen to any B.S. about there are too many out on the market. A dealer tried that on us and I said I want what it's worth or good bye. They met my price. Ford tends to have more playing room in their MSRP than foreign manufactures. Also are you getting like options on both cars. Ford likes to piece meal their options while KIA has a package of items. Another is the warranty KIA is 5yrs/60k btb and Ford I think is 3yrs/36k. Do your homework before you enter the dealership. Know what your trade in is worth, what the dealer paid for the car and what other dealers are offering in discounts. Also know if the factory is offering any rebates that you can use.
  • alex150alex150 Posts: 1
    I want to buy Kia sportage 2012 , do you have any idea about price ? what is the minimum price that I must offer to the dealer for Lx 2wd ?

Thanks
  • Hey, wanted to know, good deal or not? did i get ripped off or just about breaking even? 2k down including first months payment, fees all that stuff in there.
    $359 36 months 12k miles.
    Has the compass/homelink. seems to have the UVO stuff.
    cargo net, cargo mat thingy, cargo cover. Door guards, hand painted trim lines, lifetime nitrogen in tires.
    So?
  • If you have signed a offer to purchase or sales agreement, or a worksheet, they can legally force you to take the vehicle. Depending on what you signed if it was a offer to purchase or similiar agreement, it is a leagally binding contract, even though you did not give them any money it is a legally binding contract. And as such they can legally force you to take the vehicle and cover there costs for doing so, court cost etc, cost of brining it in, judge may decide to cancel contract but you need a darn good reason, and often will make you cover the dealerships costs, of cancelling the deal, hope this helps.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,890
    In theory? Please cite any actual example.

A car dealer that would sue a customer to complete a deal, in which no money has changed hands? Reputation suicide..

I doubt it has ever happened. Making a $20K -$30K deal, because it could theoretically happen, would be inadvisable..

Just my $0.02

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I got an offer for EX with navi and prem. package sticker price is 30,400. A dealer in NYC offered @27,500 with $500 bonus cash for competitive siice I have Toyota 4runner.
    How you think? any opinion?
  • It is AWD. Anybody? any idea?
    EX AWD with navi is hard to find in NYC area. Not much choice.
    I am going to see the car today.
  • 00cabrio08reno00cabrio08reno Posts: 14
    edited May 2012
    came in planning to buy a soul and they had a used 2011 Sportage with 8000 miles on it. Same price as the soul and was able to negotiate it down with the trade to 10k. Trade was 7300 dollars. Great experiance and they kept trying to feed me lol.
  • riley678riley678 Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    Any advice on which Kia Soul? My husband is 6'3 and needs a new vehicle. We were almost ready to spend a fortune on a new Highlander but I am now the only one with a job. We are in our 50's and have a 6 year old. We have looked at all of the small SUV's. Have not driven a soul yet--which one is best for our needs? Is the ! worth the extra? Which options are wise to have? Thanks for any help. :blush: oh yeah, our RAV 4 was totaled last week! :mad:
  • I bought internet. When I came to test drive before purchase the sportage needed a jump. 14,999 before tax. Jumped car and drove. purchased sportage and when papers were done shop was closed so dealer ripped out bad battery and put in new. I do mean ripped out because check engine light came on. Was told bring back tomorrow. I did and one clamp two sensor wires were broken. I will just say this is the beginning of a night mare. Bought new in 2009 check engine light went of 5 times in first month . esc is still going on in 2013 they cant reproduce it and wont fix it.23,855 miles and I am afraid to drive it. Pull key out and bells are dinging and car wont lock. Sometimes car wont come out of park. Fiddle with key and steering wheel and get home. dealer cant reproduce. A bad way of saying wont fix. Did I mention in the first month the brake, waw, pitch, roll, and steering sensors were replaced. They replaced the battery again that month. the sale went well but the car stays in the drive way because the esc light comes on intermittently and the gear wont come out of park intermittently. Warranty wont fix. I bought this because of Edmunds review and would not give it to a college student or homeless person. Still fighting to get it fixed. Don't believe the dealer said warranty read all the print as all service including oil change must be done by KIA. The problem is a wiring harness from 2000 and on going. A brake switch is not why the contacts on the sensor switches get pitted and brake switch need replacing every year or two. 4wheels to move me from driveway to shop.
  • One year to late, but for future questions like this consider the child and buy steel and air bags forget mpg remember the baby. I make no recommendations but I am your age and if I had a child now we would be in a suburban. With back up camera to supplement my neck muscles.
2»