Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge-Plymouth Neon Climate Control

kenjckenjc Member Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in Plymouth
Hi

We own a 2000 Plymouth Neon.

When air conditioner turned on, only lukewarm air comes out. It's been like this since we got it.

Does this have to do with air conditioning coolant? or?

How should we proceed with fixing this? (Do those DIY Refrigerant canisters work? And where would we connect this to under the hood?)

Thanks! Kendra and Mike

Comments

• endonendendonend Member Posts: 3
    My 2002 Mazda Protege had air conditioning service done at the dealership just a month ago. More freon was added and the systen was checked for leaks. Besides having to add more freon, the dealership stated there was nothing wrong.

I now notice that when I'm driving, the air seems to lose a bit of pressure and then come back. I notice a slight decrease in temp as well when this happens. Also, while driving, when the air starts acting up, it feels like my car accelerates a slight bit and then goes back to normal. When I'm at idle and I have the air problem, I'll step on the gas and it feels like the car wants to jump out of its body.

The temp isn't what bothers me most, its the slight acceleration then decelaration of the car while driving at a steady speed. Any idea on what this could be? I had someone tell me it could be the compressor.
  • bigredtruckerbigredtrucker Member Posts: 1
    i cannot adjust the heat settings in my 97 neon.
    it's stuck on vent heat.
    where can i find the cable?
    or could it be the knob itself?
  • BIGDADDYHORTONBIGDADDYHORTON Member Posts: 35
    I WAS INFORMED ON MY 97 THAT SOMETIMES AIR GETS INTO THE SYSTEM, EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T WORKING PROPERLY DOESN'T MEAN IT IS SHOT. TAKE IT TO A SHOP AND HAVE IT CHECKED BY THE PROS, IT MAY JUST NEED RECYCLED AND REFILLED, HOPE THIS HELPS. :confuse:
  • BIGDADDYHORTONBIGDADDYHORTON Member Posts: 35
    WHEN YOU FIND OUT LET ME KNOW. LOL, MINE DOES THE SAME THING, WHEN I TURN ON THE HEAT THE AIR STAYS ON, I STILL HAVN'T FIGURED THAT ONE OUT EITHER, BUT I ALSO HAVE NOT SPENT ALOT OF TIME FINDING OUT WHY EITHER, BUT WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WERE TO LOOK AND CHECK, I DO KNOW UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE DASH IS WERE THE DOOR IS LOCATED THAT ALLOWS THE COLD AND HOT ARE TO COME IN, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE SIDE PANEL ON THE INSIDE AND THE DASH APART TO GET TO IT, IT MAY BE STUCK DO TO JUST AGE, OR A VACUUM LEAK. CHECK OR EVEN REPLACE IF NEED BE. I HOPE THIS MIGHT HELP. :confuse:
  • desgnrdesgnr Member Posts: 19
    I have a 1998 Plymouth Neon & the Air Conditioner is blowing Hot air.
    How can i tell if the Compressor is runing ?
    It is hard to see & i don't see the clutch.
  • neonosticneonostic Member Posts: 3
    Move to Indy, it has been colder than a well diggers [non-permissible content removed] in the Klondike. Hope your heater works well.
  • desgnrdesgnr Member Posts: 19
  • jormsby1jormsby1 Member Posts: 1
    my 1999 Plymouth Neon A/Cs blowing hot air what could b done to fix
This discussion has been closed.