Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda 3 Rattles, Bumps, and Squeaks

Comments

• No ideas, but I have a very similar problem, only mine is more pronounced when driving 70 mph. It is a vibration like noise of some sort coming from the passenger's side. I've removed things from the cup holders, glove box, everything. No luck.
  • I had a New 2008 MAZDA 3 Sedan (1.6L) Automatic transmission, when I shift the gear stick from P to R or to D or from N to D, ther is a slight change in the sound of the engine with a new low sound is added. Is this thing normal?
    And can anybody tell me what is the fuel consumption of this car Km/L.
    Thank you....
  • well i have tried the car firm and still no luck.....but the noise is getting worst and irritating.....
  • I just took my car to the shop and they said they couldn't hear the sound. I don't know what to think. It's under warranty so they probably wouldn't want to fix it. :mad:
  • i tried the firm today..they said they think its a bearing noise...have to run further checks next week....good luck
  • baci4,

I too had the same problem with my 2007 MS3 with less than 2000 miles. The rear strut and sway bar nuts were loose and had to be re-tighten by the dealer. I 've had no problems since, but would like the dealer to also check the front end during my next service visit.

Thanks.
  • hey thanks ..i would give it a try and let u know....if not i am selling her.......
  • mazdrvrmazdrvr Posts: 103
    I don't have an answer but i am experiencing something similar. I just noticed it the other day & my sound is very faint so far but every time i accelerate, i can hear it. I know if i address the issue at my dealership, they wouldn't hear it or would find anything wrong... I hope it doesn't get worse.
  • pjadepjade Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2008 Mazda3 i touring 4 door sedan. Has anyone noticed a high pitched hum that comes from the left side engine compartment near the fan belt. It is always there but especially hear it when sitting at a stoplight or even if the accessories is on with the engine not running. Can hear it inside the car, but hear it most when standing outside. I talked to Mazda service and they said that this is common on all Mazda3's as it has to do with the electronic power steering - just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It is kind of odd to consider it normal. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • bcmz3bcmz3 Posts: 2
    I am a new comer to this forum, but I like it very much. I am live in BC Canada, I bought a 08 MZ3 HB one month ago. After I drive it for a while, when I stop the car I can hear the "tick tick..." sound from the engine, and also the idol is not stable sometimes. Did anybody have the similar experience? Thank you..
  • markb3markb3 Posts: 23
    Is it Canadian "Idol" or American "Idol" :) . Are you in Richmond? ;)
  • bcmz3bcmz3 Posts: 2
    Hey due
    I live in Vancouver. :D
  • My 2007 Mazda 3 shifts poorly in the morning/when it's cold-jerky movements, clears up after a few minutes. :mad:
  • IF YOU HAVE IT SET TO CLEAR THE WINDSHIELD THE COMPRESSOR
    WILL BE IN PLAY.
  • YES TO YOUR QUESTION. MY SON HAS A 2007 2.3L MAZDA 3 AND
    GETTING A HIGH PITCHED TONE FROM PASSENGER SIDE OF
    ENGINE. DEALER ALSO ADVZD ELECTRIC POWER STEERING.
    TEST DROVE A BRAND NEW ONE AND NO NOISE SO IT MUST
    DEVELOP OVER TIME. 25000 MILES ON HIS CAR.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,284
    Please turn off your caps lock.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• shlavekshlavek Posts: 3
    Hey all,

I have a small problem, but I'm curious to get to the bottom of it. I just bought a pre-owned 2004 mazda 3 with 40,000 miles. The car is in great shape and I'm confident that it will go a long ways. I have noticed a strange sound when I'm parking or going really slow. It sounds like an old door creaking....and it seems random. If driven for a while the problem wont be there, but otherwise it is noticable. I've taken it to a mechanic and the car didn't do it. I have done some research and some people say bushings. I see how this would make sense, but I need the problem to happen when the car is actually being looked at...haha. Please let me know if anyone has encountered this problem, and what needs to be fixed for the problem to stop.
  • rcwittyrcwitty Posts: 9
    Hello,

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 S Touring with about 8800 miles on it. When I accelerate, I often hear a slight rattle coming from the front passengers side. I've taken the car to the shop and they've gone for a ride with me and told me they can't hear it. The rattle is very suttle, and only during acceleration, but it's there. I've had other people say they can hear it. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Thanks.
  • shazzyshazzy Posts: 5
    no seems to know what it is...i am so frustrated...just want to sell it...but if i do i will let u know...
    nigel
  • sml6sml6 Posts: 4
    I have 2007 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring. At 13,000 I heard a slight rattle sound too from the passenger side. 500 miles later, the rattle became a lapping sound. 200 miles later, lapping sound turned to a high pictched whizzing sound upon acceleration. I took it in for service, and turned out to be an unpleasant experience. I was told the belt needed to be replaced because it had become loose. I was told that I was responsible to pay for the repair! What about the warranty?? Srvc guy gave some lame excuse that thing of this nature, i.e., belt issues, have a limited warranty of 12,000 miles, which I *just* happened to exceed. Bullsh*t! I called Mazda headquarters and they issued the repair, free of charge. No more noise after replacement. 3000 miles later, I'm hearing another rattle, just when I accelerate every now and then. At this rate, I'll be glad when my lease is over. Mazda 3 is surely a bang-for-the-buck. But reliability remains to be another, undesirable issue.