Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX Seatbelts

lou32lou32 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Acura
Does anyone know how to defeat the seatbelt warning chime without wearing the seatbelts

Comments

• lildoxielildoxie Member Posts: 1
    why would you want to?????
  • solosolo Member Posts: 48
    Because its damn annoying! Ignorant may be a better word. I think the only solution is for our elected officials is to make a law we have to be bubble wrapped to drive a car. Why would you want to! JUst shuffling my cars in the drive way and it sounds like a terrorist attack.
  • goldberjgoldberj Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to reset the passenger seatbelt indicator light without taking it to Acura service? The indicator will get "tripped" if something heavy enough such as a stack of books is place on the seat. The same thing happens in my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid, but the light goes off as soon as the item(s) are removed from the seat.
  • peetertpeetert Member Posts: 124
    Does Acura make a seatbelt extender? We had one for our previous Windstar Minivan that my child used as an aid for fastening her own seatbelt while in her booster. We just converted my son from using the belts built in harnesses ( too tight for him w/ coat on) to using the car's seatbelt. He can unlatch it fine, but has trouble reaching over to latch it. The extender would being the latch right up next to him.

I saved the old one but it doesn't fit the Acura.

Thanks

Peeter
This discussion has been closed.