Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009/2010 Honda Fit

191011121315»

Comments

• ickick Posts: 16
    edited March 2010
    Just test drove the car. I got disappointed. I like the cargo space so much but I don't think I can stand the noise when I hit the gas pad. Is it just me or it is a common problem? Is there a set up or a different way to drive so you won't get that much noise?
  • wrjoycewrjoyce Posts: 51
    Besides acceleration, car noise entering the cabin is the big problem with the Fit. But I must admit it is common in a lot of small cars. Not all but a lot. Some or most get use to it but if you don't then not the car for you
  • erik_jerik_j Posts: 1
    Moparbad, I'm glad you all made it home safely and I wouldn't suggest getting rid of the spare tire but I would suggest buying a tire pump that runs off dc from the car. That way if you just get a tire puncture that can hold air for a couple hours you can spare yourself the effort of changing the tires and just pump it up to get you home. I got mine for $20 at Target.
  • kagedudekagedude Posts: 407
    edited August 2010
    Hi all, my 2007 Honda Fit Sport has 111k miles and still going but I think I need to plan ahead and look into refreshing to the new gen Fit Sport. I checked out the 2010 Honda Fit Sport yesterday and found the new gen more substantial and definitely bigger. The only drawback that I found was the Sport audio is now down to 160w from 200w (anyone get a chance to hear both audio's to see if there is a big difference in quality?) and the gas tank is just a push level from the outside vs a locked gas tank cap with release lever inside which is very important here in NYC.

I am definitely attracted by Honda's .9% 60 months on the 2010's but anyone know if the 2011 will have any changes (mid model refresh) that would be worth waiting for?

Thanks in advance!
  • Just took in my 09 Fit Sport for 15,000 service. They alerted me to the fact that a safety recall was just announced and that they would go ahead and do the recall service which amounted to inspecting and replacing the lost motion springs within the engine valvetrain. This was just the third one they had done at this particular dealer. The link for the recall message: http://automobiles.honda.com/news/press-releases-article.aspx?Article=5902-en
  • I just received the recall notice. Called the Service Advisor. He said this is a 4 hour job minimum even though Honda says its can be done in 2 hours he said. The SA said that its very extensive engine work that needs to be done and they can only do max 4-5 cars a day.

Did you have yours done?
    How did it turn out?
    Did they need to drain and replace the engine oil again?

I am concerned about this type of work being done on a newer engine.

Thanks.
  • carattorneycarattorney Posts: 53
    edited March 2011
    I just received the recall notice.

Talked to the Service Advisor at the dealer and he said its a pretty extensive repair on the engine--taking up to 4 hours min. although Honda tells dealers its a 2 hour "book" repair.

Here is Honda's Official Statement:

"Statement by American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Regarding Lost Motion Spring Recall: 2009-2010 Fit

TORRANCE, Calif. – February 16, 2011 – Honda will recall 97,201 model year 2009-2010 Fit vehicles in the U.S. to replace the lost motion springs, components within the engine valvetrain. The lost motion springs, which are compressed by rocker arms in normal engine use, may bend or break over time resulting in abnormal engine noise and potentially causing engine damage or stalling. No crashes or injuries have been reported related to this defect.

Honda is announcing this recall to encourage all owners of affected vehicles to take their vehicles to an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification of this recall from Honda by mail. Notification to customers will begin in early March 2011."
    • Is anyone concerned about this type of engine repair having long term effects on the performance and longevity of the FIT engine?

Is it better to do nothing and wait until there is a problem first, than to subject the engine to this type of repair?

Thanks for your input.