Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009/2010 Honda Fit

Comments

• futurefitfuturefit Posts: 17
    I added some of those pics for a collection from various sources if anyone wants to view some other pictures. http://picasaweb.google.com/datumj

Wow, thats an extensive group of pics.. Thanks alot datumj. I hadn't seen any of the "Honda Net" group of pictures before..
  • tiff_ctiff_c Posts: 531
    To what degree do you think the skyroof would alter the handling? Is that emergency handling or everyday handling? I liked the look of it, but I don't want to get anything that would make it more difficult to drive.
    I have the feeling that Honda will deem it to "wacky" for the NA consumers (and honestly, I probably wouldn't disagree)

Well I'd imagine for tooling around in Tokyo it would be find, top speed there is very limited during the day anyway. In a country with 27 mile long traffic jams speed in a Fit or anything else isn't much of an issue.
    But the reason is the glass will be much heavier than metal and will contribute to rollovers at higher speeds. Combine that with erratic drivers and well I just see a top heavy car as a liability.
    If you have a chance go to an autocross some time (or even better run in one) and you will see the inside rear tire lift as high as 12 inches on tight corners at speed.
    If you combine that with a very heavy roof, when you transition back like in a slalom it will act like a pendulum.
    This is bad.
    I think it would not pass our crash tests and a glass roof will have people thinking glass versus metal. It might be a cool option for some but I'd certainly avoid it, regular sunroofs cost enough as it is in terms of decreasing rigidity. Although they are light years better than say 10 years ago.
  • I've been doing research on the new 2009 redesigned Fit exclusively and every article we've come across indicates the glass roof won't even be an option on the US models so I wouldn't worry about a safety issue at this point.

Also there seems to be some speculation that we (US) will have the choice between the 1.3 and 1.5 engines when it arrives here and my sources indicate that the 1.5 will be the only one available to US buyers.

Of course I'm sure it will change ten times before the new model hits our shores because you know how large corporations are; totally unpredicatible!
  • cathy8cathy8 Posts: 37
    The lack of a height adjustible driver's seat was the reason I didn't buy a FIT in August 2006 too. I love the car but with the big hump over the gages it's hard to see properly. This is a huge consideration for those of us who are short. I'm hoping that the 2009 has it but am not holding my breath. There are reports that the car in the Vancouver show didn't have it.
  • onthefarmonthefarm Posts: 22
    Cathy, I'd hate to see you miss out on the purchase of what I'm sure is going to be an excellent 2nd-gen model owing to the possible lack of an adjuster for seat height. I like a clear view of the road too and know how you feel about visibility while driving. Given that Honda has addressed the criticisms of the old model and improved the new version in virtually every way, have you considered the purchase of a seat cushion? I've looked at several online (just in case) because I've decided the Fit is really the next car I want to purchase after considering several others. What do you think about this option? :)
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    my sources indicate that the 1.5 will be the only one available to US buyers.

This is indeed the case. North America will only receive 1.5 L. Even in Japan, those who drive at highway speeds prefer 1.5. The 1.3 L is a pure city runabout, and is underpowered for most American operations.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    For iPod all you need is the USB cable. That's for the sport model. The new USB input gives you full iPod integration. Also plays thumb drives and other usb devices.
  • taximom5taximom5 Posts: 43
    Oh, no, no, NO!!!!

It looks like they have eliminated the raisable headrest for the center rear seat! In fact, it looks like it might be a 4-seater instead of a 5-seater, as I don't see a center shoulder belt.

I have 3 kids--how am I supposed to fit them in the 2009 FIT??????

I guess this means I'd better get a 2008--but I had my heart set on the 2009--waaaah! :cry:
  • kittyworldkittyworld Posts: 20
    I don't know which pictures you are looking at. I just checked Honda's US website for 09 fit and it DOES have 3 headrests on the back seats. So your kids are covered.

Here's the official Honda US site for 09 Fit
  • taximom5taximom5 Posts: 43
    "I don't know which pictures you are looking at. I just checked Honda's US website for 09 fit and it DOES have 3 headrests on the back seats. So your kids are covered."

Are you sure? I just looked at the picture on that site and I only see 2...

On the 2007-2008 models, there is a third headrest in the center, a bit lower than the outboard ones, but still raisable. It really looks like there's nothing on the 2009. It doesn't even look like there's room for anyone to sit in the center. :(

I really do hope that I'm wrong.
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    That link from widetrack2000 is for the japanese spec Fit.
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    Yes, there are three (3) headrests in the rear seat of the upcoming US Fit. In the official next-gen Fit website, there is a photo which consists of three (3) separate shots of the magic seat configurations. The pic on the left shows the normal seat config, and in that picture you clearly see three (3) humps on the rear seat back. Those are the headrests.
  • nrborodnrborod Posts: 79
    I just want weighing in as one more person waiting to see what the new design will offer: I am looking for telescoping steering wheel, and seat height adjuster. Without these,it might be a deal breaker.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,632
    The telescopic wheel was demonstrated when the U.S. Fit debuted earlier this year, so it is confirmed. There was no sign of a driver's seat height adjuster however, and no official word from Honda whether it will or will not be included in the 2009 Fit for the U.S.

(Thanks to the wide photos above, I was not able to reply directly to your post.)
  • kittyworldkittyworld Posts: 20
    And thanks to the wide photo above I am not able to see any text on the right side at all. :cry:
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,810
    If you are going to add photos to your posts, please limit them to no more than about 600 pixels in width so we can avoid any right margin issues. If a photo you want to share is larger than that and has to be seen full sized to be appreciated, you can link to it.

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• futurefitfuturefit Posts: 17
    09 Colors
    2009 Colors

Crystal Black Pearl
    Blue Sensation
    Tidewater Blue Metallic
    Orange Revolution
    Blackberry Pearl
    Milano Red
    Storm Silver Metallic
    Taffeta White
    http://www.hondapreview.com/fit/
  • beingisbeingis Posts: 3
    I am concerned with the same seat height problem.

Noted in the UK brochure for the 2008 Jazz/Fit that the Drivers Seat did have a height Adjustment. The Web site is http://www.honda.co.uk/car/ choose Jazz, then download a brochure.

If anyone can read Japanese there might be a description of Seat Height Adjustment at http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,654
    J.D Power states

"The interior design includes a tilt and telescoping steering column and driver’s-seat height adjustment."
  • beingisbeingis Posts: 3
    Thanks.

The URL is http://www.jdpower.com/autos/articles/2009-Honda-Fit-Preview

Some of the review covers Japan only specifications. Hope the seat adjustments is not one of them.