Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Gauges

Comments

• i have the same problem with the air bag dinging tooo my key light comes on to if i use my electric start and if i shut it off and pull out the key and restart it with the key it goes away :confuse:
  • tuggajbtuggajb Posts: 646
    that tells you if it reads the security chip in the key if you try ro start with it on will not start should go ot when turn key to on
  • 2000 jgc limited. 81,000 miles. starts good runs good while driving. suddenly, odometer will flash, check guages light comes on, sometimes the brake and abs light come on too. voltage guage will drop, gas guage rises. the car doesn't shut off, but idles low, around 5-600 rpm. smell sulfur when it happens. problem happens for about 30 secs to maybe a minute, then everything goes back to fine. New battery and alternator (both have been checked, no corrosion or problems). we think it may be ignition switch or even computer but have no idea. please help
  • It means your trying to start the car with the wrong key. The code in the computer chip that is in the key does not match the code that is in the car computer. My wife had a copy of a key made at a hardware store that did not have a chip in it. Then she called me and said the car won't start. It would unlock the doors and start the engine but it would only run for a second or two then die with that light on onthe dash. Hope that helps
  • the combination flasher/relay works when it wants to. there is nothing wrong with the lights they all work. thanks for the help.
  • Hi there, I need help, my mechanic said he replaced the valve cover gasket on my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The thing is I can't see any signs of the replacement. Still dirty around the area. Any tips on how can I be certain that the service was performed? I don't want to complain and look like a fool. Please help. Thanx :) :confuse:
  • mary78mary78 Posts: 1
    Hello, i have a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4 Dr., the fan only on works on high which is the #4 setting, no output from settings 1,2, and 3. any ideas, thanks.

Mary
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Perhaps Jeep Grand Cherokee A/C Heating Ventilation would be helpful.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • genel1genel1 Posts: 5
    Where are the flasher and turn signals located. Both are out on my 95 and can't seem to find. Have looked under the driver's side dash..if they are there, where are they hiding?!
    jeep uses a multi type flasher unit ti is square like a relay i think it is on drivers side at the top of the fuse holder on the left of the relays unpluges just like a regular flasher
  • I have a 2005 jeep grand cherokee and the lights on the control knobs and the temperature settings is not working. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is a bulb or a fuse problem. If it's a fuse which one is it?
  • oil pressure guage problems..replaced the sending unit, checked oil pressure manually at 90psi...gauge goes up to hal way when vehicle starts and then goes to low (check guage lihgts) and when I stop or go around a corner the guage goes up to half way...like its floating...is this a guage problem? if so, where and how much $$ should I be looking at...Many thanks
  • donr4donr4 Posts: 1
    it is the heat ac control board...you have to buy the whole board , it has l.e.d lights embedded in the board. i think it cost around $120
  • dee4464dee4464 Posts: 2
    I've owned a 2006 grand cherokee for 3 months. On my way home tonight the dashlights and headlights flashed several times then went off. (maybe the tail lights, too?) A few seconds later they came back on. Another minute or two and it all happened again. Where should I start looking for the cause of this? I've owned F150's for over 10 years and no nothing about Jeep. :(
  • dee4464dee4464 Posts: 2
    Is it possible to adjust the ABS system? My 2006 grand cherokee seems to have issues with that. Or rather, I do! None of my F150's did this. When there is even a little ice and I try to brake all it does is the shutter thing. I can't even pump the brakes. This is very dangerous on ice when there seems to be no possible way of stopping and you are approaching another vehicle or busy intersection.
  • pole2pole2 Posts: 17
    I had the same problem with my Dodge Dakota lights flushing sometimes plus gong ring (same like you open doors ) It was Body module . !5 minutes to replace but cost more then $ to buy module for Dodge. It my help you because it all Chrysler anyway.
  • jaxcat07jaxcat07 Posts: 1
    I'm new here, first post. I have a 2004 JGC. The driver's side brake light is out, but the bulb lights up with headlights, just doesn't get brighter when I hit the brakes. I tried changing the bulb, but that didn't help, since the bulb obviously is not burnt out. I'm not very car savvy, so I don't know what else to try. Please help! Thank you.
  • alexis11alexis11 Posts: 1
    hey mine does the same thing. I took it to advance and the employee actually had the same problem. what it is is the stick that controls the lights is broken or loose. its like 150 to replace it or you can just shake it until the lights come back on. It is kind of a pain to deal with when other people drive the Jeep but its not that big of a deal to me. If you can push it back into place correctly it will stay on for a while.
    get a new bulb holder from jeep for the brake light bulb should fix prob
  • own 2000 grand cherokee for about a year everithing works fine until last two weeks panel and gauges start to fluctuate and that weird light with the key simbol turns on on my wife and the windows stop working all the controls on the steering wheel stop working at the same time.turn off the engine, and start the engine again works fine for about two minutes then problems again.ANY GOOD IMPUT ABOUT THAT ?