Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X5 - 2008

13»

Comments

• achonkoachonko Posts: 51
    I have had mine for 6 months now and it is smooth sailing so far.
  • tdg01tdg01 Posts: 1
    I've seen 2 pics of 2 different front grills for the 2008 4.8 X5. One flat black, the other a mesh. Does anyone know what determines which grill? I couldn't find any info on the BMWUSA site on this.

Thanks,
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I have also seen 2 grills but not for the x5 for the x6 the real 1 which i saw in the road was with black grills and the other 1 I have seen pics with the other grills looks like silver ...
  • kpeterskpeters Posts: 11
    Hello I have been looking at the 07 or 08 bmw x5 4.8 and Range Rover Sport, I like both and pluses and minues to both. I need to decide in next few days,,

x5--I like the performance, german design, especially the interior! my wife said though it looks more like a soccer mom's car which I dont agree with given its a 4.8 which I think looks cool and masculine. I have mostly seen guys drives these..
    Range Rover Spor--I love the exterior look of these! Hate the interior, very booring and all plastic. Handeling is pretty good for a large SUV but no as agile as the x5.

any help and or advice is much appreciated!! thanks
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    x5--I like the performance, german design, especially the interior! my wife said though it looks more like a soccer mom's car which I dont agree with given its a 4.8 which I think looks cool and masculine. I have mostly seen guys drives these..

I agree with you I have no idea why every1 is trying to say its a soccer mom car.

Yes it definitely looks like nice well I have seen guys and girls both driving the x5.

Even if women drive these cars so what every 1 has their own personal choice.

The range as I heard wil have a redesign within 1 and half years sometime late 2009.

I personally don't like the RR sport.

good luck I hope to get a reply when you choose 1 usually people dont reply again.
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Posts: 11
    Can anybody tell me what determines whether you have chrome or black exterior window trim? I know adding the sport package to the 3.0 or 4.8 adds "shadow line trim", but what about on standard 3.0's without the sport package? Does it have chrome or black trim?

If anyone knows, please let me know! Trying to decide on color here, and it may effect my decision.

Thanks.
  • hlvertinhlvertin Posts: 2
    What did you decide on? I'm deciding between the same 2 vehicles with the same reasons.
  • pokemon38pokemon38 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 BMW X5 3.0i and I am having problems with it lately, first was the thermostat, then the sawy bar links, the front door actuator and carrier (both broken), now the rear left window motor and regulator are broken, finally now I am hearing a noise that is coming like form the brake pads or brakes. This sound is like two metals squeezing or rubing each other. My mechanic told me the brakes are fine and they look like new. I dont know what to think. Can somebody help me.
  • I have had problems with my 2009, anyone else?
13»
This discussion has been closed.