Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Accord Sedan Could Be Everyman's Acura RL

13»

Comments

• golfrskigolfrski Posts: 262
    Keep in mind folks that with the new 08 V6 VCM engine, you may find yourself secretly driving a 4 Cyl most of the time, heck even a 3 cyl...
    Your comment would have made sense BEFORE the 08 EXL-V6 came out... now that it has and I have one.. I will tell you that it is absolutely as refined and in many respects better... its missing the AWD and thats about it... listen go sit in the back seat up an RL and if you are over 5'6" tall.....duck. You will notice inset concave divots in the headliner above you.. that so you can actually fit your head in the car .. the roof line slopes to a degree that the headliner space they created is a must. In the accord a similar design, however LOADS more room.. by far a better car interior in every respect... the other thing that is really nice is that Accord allow a pull down back seat. now its not 60/40 and thats a drag but you can use a ski pass through AND bring the whole seat down for hauling that new rake you bought at loews to gather all these fall leaves.. fat chance with the RL its a fixed rear seat... everytime I turn around I see another thing the RL lacks and the EXl-V6 offers.... Like I have said many times in other posts this car is a no-brainer.
    The Accord EXL-V6 is a no brainer... juts be aware of the VCM engine and how it operates and all will be good. 3-4-6 Cyl mgmt system, you'll feel the diff over time. Great car though.
    You guys are dead-on... the 08 Accord looks NOTHING like a Saturn.. only comparison is the amount of rings the new Accord will cricle around its competitors! GolfrSki
  • tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    and thats a drag but you can use a ski pass through AND bring the whole seat down for hauling that new rake you bought at loews to gather all these fall leaves.

And if you put the rake in handle first, you can just use the pass through instead of lowering the whole seat. ;)
    Thanks Copernicus. ;)
  • I can see where the Accord could be the 'everyman's' RL, which is probably just the position Honda wants the Accord to be in. I would hope the RL is a lot more refined though. My '08 EX-L is the loudest car (interior noise while driving) I've had since my VW Beetle back in the 70's. My '81 Olds Cutlass, '88 Nissan Stanza and '96 Toyota Camry all had a quieter drive than this car.
13»
This discussion has been closed.