Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander

Comments

• cooljwcooljw Posts: 47
    I just bought a 2WD SE w/no options today for $21,400 + TTL. So if you are looking at the base SE you can do better.

The seats are nice, basically the seating areas are a heavy duty fabric that is currently found on the Lancer but no other Outlander models. The back of the seats, headrests, sides of the seats...etc. are leather.

You can buy your own ipod cord for $5. There is already an input jack to plug it in.
  • so you're saying the AWD is worth about a grand and let them keep them cord. so no lower than 22400?
    My price was $1,300 under invoice for the 2WD, yours is $1,450 under invoice for the AWD (the Edmunds invoice pricing is accurate). So that seems like a good price and I'd be surprised if they could go lower. Where are you located? I'm in SoCal.
  • Hi,

Does the SE version come with the moonroof standard?

Regards,
    Steve
    Yes.

List of standard features on the SE:

Fog lights
    Moonroof
    Privacy glass on rear windows.
    Heated side view mirrors (on 4WD version)
    Chrome rocker panel trim
    Chrome outside door handles
    Color-keyed side mirrors and bumpers
    Silver skid plate extension in front
    Silver roof rails
    Stainless steel exhaust tip
    New high-contrast meters
    Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    FAST-Key
    A/C
    Sport cloth and leather combo seating surfaces
    Power windows and locks
    650-watt Rockford Fosgate sound system
    SIRIUS
    AC outlet in center armrest
    Paddle shifters
    18-inch rims
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 389
    Do any other owners feel that their 6 speed auto is acting more like a 4 speed?
    (I have an LS AWD)

While towing my snowmobile trailer (1500 lbs loaded) the shifting seemed more frequent and harsher than I thought a 6 speed would have been (I would think almost seemless, or a least a far lower rev change on downshifts). I've never been able to detect that many shifts since new in normal driving (not towing)and really wonder if it isn't just a 4 speed!

Comments anyone?
  • I'm in boston. thanks so much for the advise and comparison numbers... it's so hard to know if you're getting robbed or not. i feel pretty secure that my 'NY tenacity' paid off. it was a 3-day grueling stuggle to get them down in price. i was fortunate to have 2 dealers vying for my business.
    i havent even SEEN the SE (shipping as we speak) but i'm comfortable with the difference in invoice for all the added goodies from the original ES i was looking at.
    and yes to whomever (sorry) - this trim comes with the sunroof.
  • Damselfly,

Look forward to hearing how you like the SE version. I am closely looking at that version too. Seems like you get a whole lot with that version. Yes, I know a 4cyl engine, but think I could accept that.

Steve
  • :blush: you know, i've got these 2 dealers competing as we speak - it's awkward as blank - and i feel quite terrible but i have to do it.
    i don't mind the 4 cylinder cuz i'm a bit of a lead foot if you know what i mean. my attitude coupled with more cylinders = road hazard! LOL
    but i agree - for $2420. over ES invoice, you really do get quite a few more goodies. the 18" tires are almost worth that themselves... i originally was going for the ES, but you can't get the fog light kit (misprint in the brochure!) and the dealer was going to install the sun roof for $1000. it just wasn't worth it.

will keep all posted tomorrow.
  • final number: 22,000 even with an ipod cable installed through the glovebox.
    finally saw the car for the first tiome the other day. it's considerable more 'shiny' than the other trims. ('blinged-out' as i told the dealer). :)
    i LOVE the fast key, the sunroof, the foglights. the fabric/leather is a little odd with cloth, suede and leather but i'm probably going to put in heated leather through the dealer eventually. also not a huge fan of the silver roof rails but not a biggie. i would have expected the dials on the air conditioning controls to have the chrome trim but they look like the ES trim as far as i remember.

all in all - a good buy for the price i got. shame it doesn't come in the graphite gray - had to go with black but i pick it up next friday and i know i'll be pleased!

thanks all!
    At $22k you got a slammin' deal and I hope you were able to lock in the savings by paying cash w/no financing or trade in. Sounds like the dealer gave away the farm on this one.

And yes it's very odd about the black HVAC dials. Did you also notice that the interior door handles are supposed to be chrome but they are not?
  • i feel really good about it. by the way - where did you see pictures of the SE. the mitsu site doesn't even have the tri so i didn't know what should and shouldn't be. websites would be helpful.... thanks!
  • thanks for the pics! shame on mitsubishi for not having the trim on the US website. crazy!

and now i'm not sure if mine had the interior door trim... i can't remember! LOL
  • http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/autoshows/la-laas-12nov12-mitsuoutl- anderse,0,7702575.story

My dealer just got in brochures on the SE, no stock though, pretty small dealership.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 581
    Actually the pics in your article link is a 2007 Outlander, not an 08 Outlander SE. Not your fault though. Too bad such a news company can get it so wrong.
    Also, here is the SE brochure, I scanned it. Sorry for the presentation, it's page by page.

Cover
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
  • Yeah, it is a shame Mitsu doesnt have it up on their site, yet cars.com and edmunds, and others do. What's up with that?
    I see the brochure mentions NEW high contrast meters. I've got no problem with the gauges in my '07 LS, but the red led radio display is pathetic (Like something from the '70s as it is so dim during the day (and forget if if you put the lights on during the day for better visibility or your rear lights as the LEDS drop way down so the radio info is impossible to read). I love the sound of the Rockford Fosgate system, but the display is really bad.
    I see the brochure mentions NEW high contrast meters. I've got no problem with the gauges in my '07 LS, but the red led radio display is pathetic (Like something from the '70s as it is so dim during the day (and forget if if you put the lights on during the day for better visibility or your rear lights as the LEDS drop way down so the radio info is impossible to read). I love the sound of the Rockford Fosgate system, but the display is really bad. It would be good if they meant they also fixed this, but somehow I think they're talking about just the gauges over the steering wheel.