Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

1113011311132113311341136»

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,401
    edited June 2

@dcm61 said: Oh No! Another deer attack.

Hahhahahahaha! Dave, you are on a serious roll! As far as the CVT goes, there's nothing wrong with it aside from it still being an automatic; I simply prefer manual. :p

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    edited June 3

@dcm61 said: Picked up my new Burnished Bronze 2015 Forester 2.5i Touring this afternoon. :smile:

Very nice Dave. :) I think you will be very happy with the Forester. Does it have navigation? What dealer did you get it from?

BTW, you're not the only one who likes CVTs. ;)

Bob

• hondafriekhondafriek Ottawa CanadaPosts: 2,924
    edited June 4

Dave, glad to see no one was hurt in the deer strike, congratulations and good luck with the new forester.

Cheers Pat..

• dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,457

@rsholland said: Very nice Dave. I think you will be very happy with the Forester. Does it have navigation? What dealer did you get it from?

No, it does not have navigation or Eyesight, but does have HIDs, Keyless Access/Start, 18" rims, Harman Kardon speakers, etc. Got it from Rafferty Subaru.

edited June 5

@hondafriek said: Dave, glad to see no one was hurt in the deer strike, congratulations and good luck with the new forester.

Cheers Pat..

Thanks Pat. And very belated condolences on your loss of Mac.

• fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,732

Catching up after another long hiatus from the boards. Dave: Sorry to hear about your conflict with Bambi, but it sounds like you have a nice new ride. You did have me going for a bit with the BMW post, and I had to read it twice before I laughed!

Speaking of Bambi, I have (had?) the nicest line of Hosta plants along the driveway, and this morning they were gone! I got sloppy with my application of Liquid Fence, and the herd staged a stealth attack overnight.

Yeah, it was weird driving into the dealership with a brand new car.

Opening Father's Day weekend ... Revenge of the Herds. See movie listings for locations and times.

I love Hostas; they make a great ground cover around ornamental trees, etc. No luck with that sort of thing in these parts, though. I have to wonder if the moose would bother...? Probably - they're spiteful that way!

What is this "liquid fence?" Is it garden-safe? Effective?

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,184

The deer love them in the UP too, but mostly they love my neighbor's garden more.

In topical news, I no longer own a Subaru. We've downsized to one car, an '09 Grand Caravan.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

That's sad, Steve. It was nice knowing you! :p

In topical news.... your honorary membership starts now! B)

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,184

Thanks, and if you see an F-150 with TN plates pulling a pop-up camper around Fairbanks, that's my brother.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I shall keep my eyes peeled!

I disagree - toss him to the curb for selling his Subi!

Liquid Fence is putrified eggs and other good stuff. If you are a mammal with any sort of nose you will likely hightail it in the opposite direction! It typically takes some training to change the feeding habits of the deer, so initially you spray it (2 oz of concentrate to a qt of water) each week for a month, and then you can slack off to a maintenance dose of every 4 weeks or so.

But I got sloppy and the younger brood, not knowing they should skirt my land, came in to feed. I sprayed when I got home last night and by then they'd gone after not just the hostas but also the hydrangeas, flox and a bunch of other stuff. Do I look like I'm operating an unlimited salad bar???

Thanks for the added info, Steve! I'm not sure that solution will work for us, since my wife is highly sensitive to smells and she has to be able to stand being in her own yard/garden! But, I'll mention it to her. :)

Wes, day 1 is a bit nasty, but it quickly fades to the point that only dog & deer noses can detect it! Spray it on days she's planning to be out, or before you call it a night. And after a few weeks you'll only be using it once a month anyhow. It's a small price to pay to enjoy a beautiful garden and to have a yard devoid of deer poop.