Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

1169816991700170117021704»

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,012

Thanks, and if you see an F-150 with TN plates pulling a pop-up camper around Fairbanks, that's my brother.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391

I shall keep my eyes peeled!

• fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,732

I disagree - toss him to the curb for selling his Subi!

Liquid Fence is putrified eggs and other good stuff. If you are a mammal with any sort of nose you will likely hightail it in the opposite direction! It typically takes some training to change the feeding habits of the deer, so initially you spray it (2 oz of concentrate to a qt of water) each week for a month, and then you can slack off to a maintenance dose of every 4 weeks or so.

But I got sloppy and the younger brood, not knowing they should skirt my land, came in to feed. I sprayed when I got home last night and by then they'd gone after not just the hostas but also the hydrangeas, flox and a bunch of other stuff. Do I look like I'm operating an unlimited salad bar???

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391

Thanks for the added info, Steve! I'm not sure that solution will work for us, since my wife is highly sensitive to smells and she has to be able to stand being in her own yard/garden! But, I'll mention it to her. :)

• fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,732

Wes, day 1 is a bit nasty, but it quickly fades to the point that only dog & deer noses can detect it! Spray it on days she's planning to be out, or before you call it a night. And after a few weeks you'll only be using it once a month anyhow. It's a small price to pay to enjoy a beautiful garden and to have a yard devoid of deer poop.