Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Transmission Questions

13»

Comments

• terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    Did this problem start after the transmission fluid change? If so was the correct amount and type of fluid used?
  • ayusufayusuf Posts: 4
    No, the previous owner was also feeling the same problem. My mechanic could not trace it during the test drive. But, after noticing the problem when I enquired with the previous owner, he accepted the fact I was also feeling this kind of problem.
    Can any body please share his experience regarding post# 62 followed by 63 and 64?
    Pl. let me know the best transmission oil to be used for Toyota Corolla 2007 model. Thanking you in anticipation.
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    No experience to share, but check your Corolla manual for the correct transmission fluid. Some recommend Dexron 2/3 and some recomend Toyota T-IV
  • its your shift cable.... My firebird did the same thing and it shouldn't to hard to fix.
  • 2007 corolla used Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV
  • Hi guys

I know there are probably a lot of people with great car knowledge in this forum, so I'm here to ask for your advice.

I have an automatic 04 Corolla with about 75k miles. About a month ago, I noticed that my car started having trouble switching gears. At about 2500rpm, the transmission would kind of rev without moving the car along.

My dad (who only thinks he's a mechanic) took a look at the transmission dip stick and noticed that it was a bit on the low side. He added some transmission fluid, and shorty after, my car drove drastically smoother. About a day or so later, it returned to it's unusual rev'ing self. Now the thing is, about two months ago, I took my car to my mechanic and had an transmission oil change, so where did the rest of that oil go? I park my car in my garage, but there is no oil collection on the ground.

What do you guys think?
  • We have a 1995 Corolla which has been the best car ever. We are the original owners of the car and it was about to reach the 200,000 mile marker when my husband drove it just stop running. The engine was running but when my husband pressed the accelator it wouldn't go. Is it the transmission or something else.

thanks for the help.

mindy
  • kevin71bkevin71b Posts: 2
    I just got a 2012 Corolla with 4 speed automatic. I drive in the mountains which is uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill. Each time I coast downhill, when I reach 50 mph the tranny downshifts to 3rd and shoots up the RPM and slows the car (which almost causes me to get run over from behind each time) This is very annoying and a little dangerous too. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? Thanks in advance for answers.
  • I have a 2009 toyota corolla with 72,000 miles on it and I am having the exact same problem as you are having with mine. I have had it at the dealers twice and they can't find any thing wrong with it. It will not do it when it is at the dealers. Did you ever find out what was wrong with your toyota?
  • hey so i have a 99 corolla and i want to switch out the automatic transmission with a manual, is there any way i can do this and if so what do i need to look out for?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    Not worth it, unless this is something you want to do for the fun of it. It is much better financially to just buy a manual, as you have LOTS of modifications and parts to buy. And a '99 is pretty old, so makes even less sense to put $$ into it.
13»