Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Prius Paint Quality?

2»

Comments

• rick294rick294 Posts: 77
    Do you wash the car yourself? If so, be sure to wipe it down with a chamois or microfiber towel (while the car is still wet), afterwards. Where I live, we have well water and if I don't hand dry the car, mineral spots will be left behind, and they are really unsightly.
  • rick294rick294 Posts: 77
    I'm sure they work well. Only problem is, is that they create turbulence and can cause somewhat lower gas mileage - on any vehicle. Same for roof racks, etc.
  • We bought a Prius September 2009. This car has MANY scratches in the paint all over the car.There are scratches/nicks in the hood that go down to the metal. I have driven for 20+ years and have NEVER had so much damage show up in a car that is only a year old. I will never buy a Toyota car again.

:mad:

I really feel Toyota has chosen to go cheap with painting their cars.A relative has a 1999 Toyota Corolla that looks BETTER than my 2010.Toyota shrugs and blames me for the paint damage.
  • mickeyrommickeyrom Posts: 936
    I have a 2007 Prius with 53,000 miles on it and the paint is perfect.I agree with your relative.Scratches don't don't just magically appear,even with cheaper paint.
  • FWIW My 2004 Silver Prius with 81,000 miles on it still looks like new. Always garaged. Never been through a car wash with brushes. I can count the rock chips on one hand.

Of course I live in the south. No road salt. Little snow. I still can't believe the car is 8 years old. The headlights were yellowing. Thirty minutes with a 3M restore kit and they look nearly...though not totally...new.
  • xueyamxueyam Posts: 1
    I bought this on bay Ridge toyota in brooklyn After only 750 miles first month the car wax was gone the front especially the most of the car looks like it has been through a battle. The paint scratches so easily and i paid more than $37,000 and the manager said this not a paint problem is scratch by hand but ever two week i wash the car i will see new more scratch on my car and the scratch don't look like scratch by hand now i already bought this car for about 4 month the scratch has post on both side on top from front to back to spoiler from now may-8-2012 i still saw new scratch.
2»