Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

54 Chevy Bel Air hartop

2»

Comments

• lemkolemko Posts: 15,147
    That's pretty much what the headlamps on the '57 Lincoln were like. I don't understand why they didn't do something like that for the '57 Plymouth instead of having a inner parking lamp with a weird-looking star shaped bezel.
  • grbeckgrbeck Posts: 2,361
    Andre, the Lincoln did have a smaller driving light below the single headlight to make it look as though the car had dual headlights. It looked awkward...the 1956 Lincoln front was much better.

Of course, the tailfins grafted on to the 1956 Lincoln to create the 1957 model didn't help, either.
  • The end of Packard was certainly a sad day and I owned some of the early 50's models and certainly appreciate the fine old Packards from before but in my mind the saving grace in the 58 is that it was a relative to the 53 Studebaker Lowey coupe. I am a lover of all old cars, especially the 50's and if Packard had to go why not with a reference to what I feel was truly a true classic design in the 53 Lowey.
2»
This discussion has been closed.