Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Honda Fit

124»

Comments

• Have 09 Fit Sport, and after returning home and putting car in garage, I notice a slight burning smell from rear of car. Dealer checked and said no evidence of any problem, but smell continues.

Any ideas?
  • Sounds like electrical wires burning near the gas tank. I had a friend that had a 09 Fit Sport that she just traded in December 2008 that had that smell from the rear end and the Honda dealer told her it was nothing but part of the new car smell you get when you buy a new Fit. She ended up trading it in for a 2009 Hummer H3.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Every new car I've ever driven has a "burning" smell; it's typically burning residues off the new engine parts, from what I've been told. It usually goes away after a few drives.
  • I have an '08 Fit and we have repeatedly noticed the same problem. Haven't had it checked yet, but I am worried nonetheless. I have to call the dealership in the morning regarding the new recall, so I'll ask about it then. In the meantime, anyone else with this problem? Or better yet, a solution?
  • I hope that the smell is not your car burning up. Honda announced today that a recall has been issued for 650,000 2007 & 2008 Fits due to window switches overheating and catching fire. Be careful with that smell. Here's the link to the announcement.

http://autos.aol.com/article/honda-fit-recall
  • dannyyodannyyo Posts: 14
    I've been looking at a used 09 Honda Fit Sport. I currently own a Honda Accord Ex which gets about 27mpg at 70mph. I was wondering what the real world mpg is for the Honda Fit. I read some where that you can get 42MPG doing avg of 68mph. Is this true? What kind of MPG are the real world owners of Fit getting??
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    On my '09 Sport (manual trans), I'm getting an actual measured 34 in town, and more like 39 on the highway. (The gauge is optimistic, and claims 37 city, 42 highway).
124»
This discussion has been closed.