Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Chevrolet Impala

levellevel Posts: 28
edited December 2013 in Chevrolet
I recently replaced OEM tires with H-Rated quiet Conti Premier tires. After searching online tire review sites, found several quiet tires I could have gone with though.

Road noise is "gone". Can't explain why highway wind noise is gone. My 2007 LTZ was already smooth riding now it is an "excellent" quiet ride.

Comments

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    Got a 2007 Impala or just looking now? Talk about this year's model here.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Let me be the first to bring bad news to this topic....NHTSA is recalling certain Chevy's(Impalas), Buick and Pontiacs because of the adhesive layering missing on top of the gas tank, which could cause a fire...recall #06V419000.....started 11/13/06.....07's only...not 06's.....Fuel tank MAY have to be replaced..so much for getting the bugs out in the 2nd year!.........Units affected to date...1602
  • mymittiesmymitties Posts: 242
    I really don't want to be sarcastic here, But just as an observation.. you could be the last..!! I know,I know, I should get over it..!!
    But, there's only 1 posting in 6 days.....YOURS !!
    Anyway, many thanks for your info here Bryan...It's very interesting !! Gee, for a change, it's good to know that we missed this one !! So, the tank has to be ripped out for this one( ouch !!, again I hate this on a new car). Well, No such luck for Ron and others with their '07's, I guess..!! :sick:
    Again , thanks for spotting this...
    Frank ;)
  • Frank,
    It's about time someone responded to this!!...Geeezzz!..I thought maybe I had bad breath or something!!! :sick:
  • quietproquietpro Posts: 702
    Bryan/Frank,
    I had nothing to add so I didn't respond. ;) Mine is an '06 and not affected. Sounds like they had one of those bad robots (like on the Super Bowl commercial) that fell asleep on the job. I'm sure the offending model has gone off and "offed" itself for failing to apply that adhesive. :P
    Still smilin' and drivin' my '06 Impala SS. :D

Ron
  • geffengeffen Posts: 278
    I'm thinking of purchasing a used Impala LS with 3,800 miles on it, dealer has it priced at 17,500 seems like a very good deal, I haven't seen many comments on the 07 Impala are all the bugs worked out from the 06 Impala?
  • mama1mama1 Posts: 2
    I just recently purchased the 2007 Impala, and I have noticed that when I try to make a turn there is some major traction in my steering wheel it pulls terribly. is anyone else having this problem :(
  • mama1mama1 Posts: 2
    I regret buying an Impala. I went to make a right turn a few days ago, and my steering locked up and almost landed me into a light pole. :mad:
  • rguthrierguthrie Posts: 8
    Purchased 2007 LTZ about 2 months ago, and when the trunk lid is wet, and then opened, water drips off side of lid,by chrome trim, onto weatherstripping, and right into the trunk, on both sides. Anybody else have this problem, and how was it corrected?
  • charts2charts2 Posts: 618
    Go back to the dealership. Its under warranty.
  • rguthrierguthrie Posts: 8
    I have tried that but they say there is no repair for the problem. District Manager is suppose to stop by within 30day to look at, but don't hold much hope.
  • carnut444carnut444 Posts: 27
    You should report this to your dealer and get a response. If you are not satisfied and continue to have the problem,
    follow the proper procedures to get 100 per cent satisfaction. If this turns out to be a federal recall issue, you may save lives.
  • carnut444carnut444 Posts: 27
    I have a 2007 SS, Red jewel tintcoat, and am, so far, reasonably satisfied. I will report further on my experiences. Caution, be cautious of "torquesteer" on heavy accelleration.
  • kutt3rkutt3r Posts: 1
    can you display BOTH artist and song title , & how?

thx
    Kutt,
    No...common complaint of the "Black Tie" stereos. For their many improvements/advancements, they lost some of the simple conveniences of past stereos, most notably the scrolling display of XM (FM RDS broadcasts still scroll, go figure). ;) I own an '06 SS and assumed a lot with the new stereo...won't ever make that mistake again.

Good luck!

Ron
  • kmausskmauss Posts: 74
    Hello there! Just bought a new Impala 2LT over the weekend, taking advantage of their Memorial Day rebates. I had been casually car shopping/ test driving for quite awhile, and I kept coming back to the Impala. The ride is incredibly smooth and the handling much improved over the pre-2006 model. The one I bought has the 3.5 V6 and has plenty of power, very responsive, great acceleration, quiet engine, all that good stuff. I found a VERY nice sales demo with only 1000 miles on it with exactly the equipment/ color/options, etc that I wanted. But erring on the side of caution (and because I needed the lower payments) I did a 36 month "Smart Buy" on it. So if it develops any issues, I'll turn it back in. Meanwhile, anything else should be under warranty. I do hope not though; I really love the car. :) Karen
  • so far not to happy with the MPG. Sticker shows Mpg of 27 for highway. We are getting 20.5 mpg for the highway. I drive well within the lega speed limits, just like I did w/our 06 malibu, that we got 30 MPG highway. I do not stick my foot into it from take off either. I'm not much of a hot rod. Bought the car for the passinng power & the sticker showing MPG pretty much the same as the V6. SO we figured why not , Boy sure wish we would have went with the LTZ w/the V6. :cry:
  • I have a 2007 Impala LT 3.5 6 cylinder. Anytime the car sits for several hours it emits a loud whining sound for about 1 minute immediately after starting.The dealer tells me that it is the air pump and that the noise is normal. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • are there any other recalls you are aware of? I have an 07 SS and it has 2097 miles on it. It is in the shop for the second time. The first time they replaced two wires. Now, there are two more wires they want to replace, but are waiting for authorization to get reimbursed for the 6 hours of labor. They really aren't sure why it keeps dying. It makes me sick. It is a gorgeous ride, I love driving it, but I can't depend on it to leave town. And I paid a lot of money for it. Anyone else having this dying issue?
    Do you happen to use your cruise control? I get no less than 24 mpg with my 06 SS and sometimes get just under 27 mpg. Are you driving in a lot of traffic with braking and acceleration? There's got to be a reason. :sick: