Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Extended Warranty & Service Offers

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You may have to pay the dealer yourself, then wait to be reimbursed.

My bigger concern, to be honest, is whether the insurance company you buy it from goes belly up.

A well known case was Warranty Direct. They advertised right here on Edmunds, yet they went under and the warranty is now just scrap paper. Good luck recouping what you paid for it. :cry:
  • rdownsrdowns Posts: 2
    Post # 24 in this thread is incorrect. Warranty Direct is NOT a well known case. In fact, our company is thriving and has been in business since 1980.

Thank you,
    Randy Downs
    Vice President
    Warranty Direct
    I stand corrected!

Sorry 'bout that, which case and I thinking of, then? Maybe it was Warranty Gold?

Let me do a search before I make another similar mistake...yes, it was Warranty Gold:

http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.pontiac/messages/57122.html
  • Bought a 2008 Sienna recently, the extended warranties offered by the dealer were very expensive ($1600+), so we did not buy it on the spot and would like to do some research on warranties.

It appears that online extended warranties are not allowed to sell in California. Could someone who bought warranty in CA share your experience?

Another question - Does the Toyota extended warranty cover both "wear & tear" and "mechanical breakdown"?
    I don't think any warranty will cover wear & tear items. Tires, brakes pads and shoes, stuff like that, are all part of regular maintenance.

You might have to get a pre-paid maintenance package, but make sure you read the fine print to find out what it includes.
  • dann80dann80 Posts: 18
    The site http://www.toyotawarrantyinfo.com/ doesn't show anything anymore. Anyone know what happened to it? Are there other sites with comparable quotes?
  • I"m also looking for extended warranty on the Sienna (also in CA)? Can we get Toyota Care sold by 3rd party online somewhere, as opposed to 3rd party warranty (don't know if that makes sense)? My dealer started with $1700 and got progressively lower, down to $1000 for the 7yr/75K warranty. Still thought it was too high as I'm still wondering if extended warranty is really necessary on a Toyota. But if you find a source, I'm also interested.
  • s4f4ms4f4m Posts: 19
    I did NOT do my research on extended warranties as I was not going to buy one with my XLE LTD AWD Sienna. However, when given the pitch, I thought about the 4 fuel injectors on my Honda that needed replacement @ 80k for $700, I figured I needed piece of mind and that I could break even (if I needed any repairs on all the electronics or AWD) based on the "low" quote (their rock bottom cost...uh huh, yeah right) that I got from the F&I people at the dealership ($950@7/75k or $1300@7/100k).

Low and behold...(cut and paste into the address line as the links sometimes do not work)
    http://www.toyotawarrantyinfo.com/vehicle.php

$980 for the 7/100k
    $680 for the 7/75k

I will be contacting my F&I guy to see if he can make me a better offer. If not, I'll be calling the Bernardi dealer from the link above.

Oh yeah, I was smart (unknowingly) to pay for this outside of my financing agreement. Makes it easier to pull out or dispute with the credit card company.

Thanks for this forum and all the buying experience. It has helped me a lot.
    I may get that 7/75 for $680. That is cheap. I don't think I'll exceed those miles in 7 years.

I may wait until near the end of the 3/36 warranty to decide, however.
  • Has anyone purchased an extended warranty through Bernardi?http://www.toyotawarrantyinfo.com/vehicle.php
    How was the experience?
  • snimossnimos Posts: 5
    2008 Sienna the extended warranties offered by the dealer $1700
    when i get home i call GEICO to add new 2008 Sienna in my policy GEICO offer me mechanical breakdown 7 years/100k $39 for every 6 months that mean i paid about $500 in 7years
    the only thing i forgot to ask them is any deductible ???
    That's a good price, just be sure to read the fine print and maybe even ask for references from someone who has actually made a claim.
  • snimossnimos Posts: 5
    my policy deductible @ GEICO $500
    di not know in case mechanical breakdown how much will be for deductible i gess $500.
    I read GEICO link the deductible $250 for mechanical breakdown http://www.geico.com/getaquote/auto/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

anyway i try to cancel mechanical breakdown whit the dealer
    then the guy @ financing he give me higer % loan rate

now i stuck with dealer extended warranties
  • wildeenwildeen Posts: 1
    I just bought an 08 CE Sienna today. The MSRP was $25 545. With dealer discounts and Toyota rebate I ended up paying $19 998, before trade and downpayment. This was the advertised price in the Boston Globe and the Boch Toyota website. Fair play to the dealer, he gave me all the discounts that were advertised although I had to be on the ball to make sure some werent brushed off. I had been on the phone all week before I went in to make sure they would honor their ad. As soon as I arrived the floor sales guy immediately started saying I didnt qualify for all the rebates. When I referred to my phone conversations with his associates and the confirmed price of $19 988 he said he would honor their word and gave me them, even the recent college grad rebate
    Took the warranty over 60 months, put payment up by $10/month. Dealer said he got me 4.24% financing as long as I got the warranty. Was too good to refuse. I still got the $1250 rebate, warranty works out at $600.
    Really pleased with the Sienna. Drove like a dream down from Boston. So much room. Cant believe the value.
  • Hi: We just bought a used 2009 Sienna LE with 30k miles. It is certified, which means that the power train warranty is 7 yrs / 100k. Should I get an extended bumper to bumper warranty? I have had them with American cars and they are always worth the cost. But we are thinking that Toyota quality may make a warranty purchase a waste. What are people's thoughts?

Also, what are people's experiences with costs? The dealer is offering an after-market MPP waranty for $1465. The Toyota brand warranty is $2,600 or so.

Thanks!
    Scott
    Those prices are on the order of being double what is reasonable.

When my Sienna was new a full 7/100 warranty was being quoted at $800 or so, and you're only buying the non-powertrain part of it. In fact it looks like you would have redundant coverage on the powertrain.

For that much, I'd pass.
  • We're considering buying a used 2005 Sienna with 52000 miles on it for $14,000 from private party and am wondering if we should/can get a B2B warranty on it and how much it would cost. The vehicle seems to be in great condition from what we can see..but I was wondering if getting a warranty would be worth the peace of mind and cost.

We would greatly appreciate any input on this..thanks so much!!!!
    To get a factory B2B warranty it would have to be under the 3/36k original warranty, so not factory.

An aftermarket warranty would probably require an inspection, and my cost more than its worth.

CPO models usually cost about $2 grand more but they do a lot of reconditioning plus they extend the warranty. That may be a better option if you really want the coverage.
  • just bought a 2010 sienna le night, and we bought the extended warranty that is offered through southeast toyota and it came to 1063, includes gap coverage it will take it up to 100 000 miles the national toyota extended care is not offered in fla or through s e t ( south east toyota) is it worth it? comments are welcome please. Oh we love the van and the dealer we got it from price was 26322 not includes tax tag title, no dealer fee as we went down to palm beach and got it from earl stewart.
  • I am looking to buy a used 2007 Sienna van with 30k miles from a private party. It also comes with Toyota's transferable 7yr/100k Platinum warranty. How much should I offer for the warranty above the fair price for the van? The owner wants $2k, which I feel is quite high.

Thanks!