Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Trooper Electrical Problems

I have a 91 Isuzu Trooper (auto) my injectors on my carb wont spray because there is no power going to them. I have made sure they work by connecting them to the battery but there is no power getting to the injectors. It sounds like a fuse problem but iv checked all the fuses on the main panel under the hood. Is there another panel that im not finding? Any suggestions?

Comments

• I have a brake light, 4wd light and a battery light on. I also don't have any blower or ac. Checked all fuses, none blown, ran continuity all o.k, alt tested good and so did battery
  • Hello Therooster13 Im Have The Exact Same Problem Any Good News.
    rustycaman@yahoo.com
  • 1989 Trooper, 2.8 V6, 5sp.

I need to replace the electrical connectors to the coil and am having some dificulty in finding a reasonable replacement.

Does anyone have a good source for automotivr electrical connectors, etc.? Thanks.
  • drizitdrizit Posts: 1
    As soon as i hook up the battery the main fuse blows any one have an idea where to start looking for the problem...

Thanks for any help....
  • This issue seems to have started with my brake light not going off on the dask. Then the blinkers on my 99 trooper stopped working. I checked both fuse boxes and all seems well. Has anyone come accross this problem? Any help is much appriciated.
    Thank you
  • Does any one out there have a fix for this problem.
  • If any one is familar with this electrical problem with 4WD light and brake light going on and altuator draining, please email me at johnjon0264@sbcglobal.net. thanks :confused:
  • reader7reader7 Posts: 1
    Did you find out what was causing the problem? I have a friend who is having the exact same problem today.
  • I recently purchased a 94 trooper. The turn lights,blower,wipers,shift lights do not work. The previous owner said it blew fuses but all are good. does anybody know where to start with this problem.
  • vanwagonvanwagon Posts: 4
    Hi. I need a Trooper electrical expert to help me with a problem. I posted this on another forum a few weeks ago with no results so I'm hoping for a little more reaction here.

I have a 93 automatic SOHC Trooper with cruise (relevant in a minute) and my problem is with the turn signal light switch. I had an issue with the relay at first where it was constantly buzzing when I tried to signal. I eventually replaced the relay but now, perhaps because of my needing to repeatedly apply it to get it to work during the relay’s failures, the left signal no longer blinks. The bulbs have been checked and are OK. The yellow turn signal bulbs work for right turns and four-way flasher, but when left is applied, the relay does its usual clicking, but there is no light except the left-front white bulb which comes on for signaling too but does not blink.

My mechanic had a look at it when I brought the car in for another issue and said that they traced the issue back to the switch itself, that probably the contacts inside the switch assembly have popped loose. The only fix he could recommend it to replace the entire switch assembly which entails disassembling the steering wheel and column to perform. Further, the switch assembly contains all the blinker, light hi/lo, and cruise controls and as such is a $270 dealer only part plus another 200-300 in labor, taxes, etc.

This is a massively expensive fix. I have an alternate idea. My understanding of the switch is that there are two single-pole switches that close when the left signal engages, one that triggers the relay to blink power, and one that closes the left bulb circuit. A similar situation occurs with two other switches for right turns.

If I knew which sets of wires on the harness closed the left bulb circuit and the right bulb circuit (as it occasionally fails as described above) I could attach a “suitcase” type wire tap to each of these two wires sets and close the circuit with an external switch, perhaps a momentary leaf switch mounted to the turn signal switch shaft. I know that the contacts that close the flasher relay must still work because it still clicks.

If this is able to be done, I would need a wire color diagram of the switch harness to know what wires to tap and bypass. Can anyone help?
  • Yeah you need a schematic. Download all data or mitchell they are programs that have wiring diagrams and all sorts of info. I have access to both of these programs I would be glad to I cant email it but i can try to trace the circuit for you and let you know which wires do which.
    I know nothing of the programs you mention but any help or suggestions you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,993
    Links to Alldata and Mitchell1 can be found in the Online Repair Manuals guide.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• renet10renet10 Posts: 13
    Post so we can know how and if your solved your problem. Would appreciate it because I have a similar problem with the turn signal switch and cruise. The cruise handle is dangling on the right and within the last 6 months the turn signal arm would no longer move to operate the highbeams then the headlights would go out during driving motion and when I pulled the lever back for it to stay on it would operate highbeams only. Once it even sparked. I've got a chilton cd that sorta say that they(turn-cruise) seat parallel in the column box but still at a loss. Would like to replace turn signal-cruise arms only. I love my trooper I would hate to spend that type of money but I will if push comes to shove.
    No solution thus far. I looked at the page that tells you about Online Repair Manuals but the only site that didn't charge was myisuzuparts and they only showed an exploded diagram without any explanatory text. I don't know if the pay-for-play sites offer anything more instructive.

If you are able to find this data, it would be very helpful.

On a side note, to make matters worse, a few days ago my speedometer/odometer decided it did not want to work anymore. I have no idea what to do there. It had stopped working several times in the past for an hour or two then revived, but now it shows no sign of life. Is this a common problem in this model? I have 143K on her.
    Has anyone come up with any schematics or wiring breakdowns?

Thanks
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,993
    I might have found something on the Automobile Reference Center that my public library subscribes to. I'll park them on my CarSpace page.

93 Trooper wiring 1

93 Trooper wiring 2

You may be able to click on the download link there and save them locally and maybe blow them up a bit. The resolution may be too fuzzy though.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Hello,

I'm afraid there is an interconnection problem. switching on my lights, also the cabin lights switch on/ are powered.

So the outer lights/ standlights can be fused by their own fuse either or by the cabin lights fuse

Other problem: starting the motor switches the stabndlights on and powers cabin light of course.

Someone having any idea?

Regards,

Matthijs Borst
  • I left the key in the on position for 2 hours in my 1989 trooper. I came back and the cor turned but would not start. Checked for but found no spark in a pulled spark plug. Coil checked out as OK so I believe its the ignition control module. I cannot fins anything that looks like what the auto parts store has as a replacement. Does anyone have any idea where to find mine in the car. It is a 2.4L 4 cyl.
    Thx
  • adrwfanadrwfan Posts: 1
    my battery , abs and brake light come on , hear a clicking , a/c will cut out and have to manually shift from the shifter??? any idea's ??