Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 335i vs Infiniti G37

1121314151618»

Comments

• dan3434dan3434 Posts: 9
    edited May 2010
    I agree wholeheartedly. I did not buy my 335i to impress...it caught my attention after multiple test drives with its stunning performance. It's a matter of preference, and I preferred the ride, style and performance of the 335i to the G37.
  • I leased a 2010 Infiniti G37x and I love it! I only looked at a BMW 335xi on the internet and reviews but did test drive an Audi A4 2.0T and there was no comparison. Even though the 2.0T is "punchy", you can still tell that you are driving a 4-cylander car. I found the interior nice, but confusing. Way too many buttons and options. The G37 was a no brainer after comparing it with the A4. I got a "premium package" that included all the bells and whistles, an awesome stereo system (I liked the Bose surround better then the B&O in the Audi), and it's an absolute rocket! I have owned it for over a month and it still makes my pulse race when I open it up on the freeway. I know experts have the BMW ranked as THE Creme del le creme, but 90% of owners who use it just as I do (to and from work, occasion weekend trip) will find the extra 8-grand to be pointless. Plus, living in Detroit I see 3-series and A4s EVERYWHERE but not so much with the G. If a sports sedan that is fun to drive and includes all luxary options is desired, not only does the G buck the German trend, I feel it is by far the best bang for the buck!
  • Seriously?? Your decision rests on the size of the backseat? Do you realize that a 335i is a sports car?? I think you should just get a Toyota Camry with a HUGE backseat and be done with it.
  • jimbresjimbres Posts: 2,025
    Do you realize that a 335i is a sports car??

And do you realize that you're replying to a message that's more than 3 years old? (It was posted on 9/5/07.)

The guy who wrote it probably won't see your reply. He hasn't logged in since June, 2008.
  • I own a 335is coupe. I had a 335i before. Anyway, you are a tall person it is rally only a seats 3 people. You need to hav the drivers seat all the way back. I still highly recommend it if you want a super quick car. It will spank a g37 any day of the week. The torque is unbelievable. It is a sub 5 second car.
  • A sub 5.0 car maybe with a rolling start. Sure the 335i has better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, but only by a few tenths. If you want a 335i as fully loaded as my G37 you'd spend at least 10-grand more. I'd rather keep that 10-grand buy not buying a marginally better status symbol. Then again, 10-grand can probably compensate for a lot of shortfalls!
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    A couple of points:

- BMW offers European Delivery and you can knock an easy $8,000 off the MSRP of a fully tarted up 335i by going that route (assuming you either A) are already going over say for business, or B) wouldn't mind taking a vacation over there).
    - Real world fuel economy numbers delivered by the 335i models on the road are significantly better than any car equipped with Nissan's VQ engine, the G37 included.