Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Tribeca Extended "Gold Plus" Warranty

2»

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,200
    The people who sell these warranties know that only a very, very small percentage ever come close to breaking even. If your car has been trouble free for 36k you will probably go 100k without any major problems. Check out consumer reports. Bank the money. I've bought extended warranties on several cars with poor reputations and never even used them. The subaru is way up on the reliability list. If it helps you sleep at night then buy the warranty but chances are slim you will need it. The people who write these policies make big bucks on them.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Dealers make comissions selling them, but Subaru actually loses a little bit of money with their Subaru extended warranties.

They still keep the program going because it establishes good will with customers, and helps get repeat buyers.

Dealers may make money, but SoA loses a little.
  • ajulianoajuliano Posts: 5
    I do have a clutch and the warranty excludes the cost of the clutch disc, which I hear is the main component. I talked to my mechanic and he thinks I shouldn't keep the warranty. Since its a subaru, I won't most likely have major costs between now and 100K that will cost me over 2K. Any other thoughts out there??
    Acunurse
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Plus a clutch is a few hundred. An auto (even rebuild) is a few grand, so it's a much bigger exposure on an automatic.
2»