Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Entourage Transmission Issues

2»

Comments

• Earlier tonight after a 2 hour interstate drive, exit interstate, stop at light, accelerate to about 45 and while shifting from 3rd to 4th the transmission slipped a little. To describe the engine revved up without accelerating, it was just like hitting an ice patch while accelerating but without the speedometer moving up. I see others have had this specific problem, so has anyone found a solution to this?

I bought this van use with about 110,000 miles about 6 months ago and have not had any issues with the transmission yet (knock on wood).
  • jer739jer739 Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Ours is still doing the same thing, so if anyone has any updates please let us know. This only happens after a long drive on the highway, so it is impossible to duplicate when we take it in. The first time we took it in (prior to the 60k warranty) they reset the "adaptive transmission values" which seemed to have "fixed" it for about 20k miles. Now that the 60k has passed (100k powertrain warranty is a joke) - the dealer will not look at it without charging us. Sounds like a software issue to us, I would recommend e-mailing them and calling to see when they are fixing this software glitch. consumeraffairs@hmausa.com

We are in the market for a new vehicle and this lack of support is definitely going to influence our decision in what brand we will be purchasing.
  • Our 2007 Entourage LTD is doing the EXACT SAME THING! We purchased it new with the extended warranty to 100K. Ran like a champ for the entire 100K miles. Then, of course, get this transmission problem at 101,000 miles. Hope you're right in thinking it's just a software issue. Please post if any of you find a fix to this problem!
  • rkkochrkkoch Posts: 1
    I have read through all of these posts and see the exact same issues that I am having with my Entourage. The slipping only happens after long highway drives (about 1.5 hours or more) and it only slips the one time after taking off from a stop. We have been told that this is because of the adaptive transmission and the dealer has reprogrammed the module once and completely cleared and reloaded the module software once also. No difference. The biggest problem is that the dealer can't duplicate it because they never drive it for long periods on the highway. I'm getting very frustrated with this issue and I want it fixed. :mad:

I am the LAST person to advocate a lawsuit, because I think people sue for too many things, but has anyone considered a class action suit for this issue? Obviously the dealers aren't helping us out and something needs to be done. I would love to know if anyone has been able to get this fixed. Thank you.
  • Hyundai has no tech support, dealer service as far as you can get. My 08 Entourage is a late model year (11/08) has 3rd/4th gear shift problems. sometimes hammers hard sometimes eng. revs after extended insterstate driving even at constant speed of 55 mph. Hyundai calls their Reset adaptive value a DIAGNOSTIC, this does include new software values. This is not DIAGNOSTIC this is a program change. Seem today GM is recalling 36k cars & trucks for a software update for their electronic control transmission they donot call this a DIAGNOSTIC, If GM is doing this at no cost to the owners,Hyundai can to. Hyundai should remember "A unhappy owner will tell many times over more people than a happy owner will, Hyundai this will catch-up with you in due time. It is time to be very vocal.
  • My Hyundai enturage has 111,000 miles and is starting to slip between 3rd and 4th gear. This has never happened before, what do you recommend i do?
  • Hyundai Rep. told me earlier today, they have NO records of Entourage EXTENDED DRIVING transmission shift problems concerning shifting from 3rd/4th after slowing down. I would be the first on record. I had answered a survey after paying to have the trans ADAPTIVE VALUES RESET last Wed. I donot know if this worked as I've not been on a extended drive. I now have a phone # so everyone can enlighten Hyundai corp. or maybe remove their excuse for not fixing the problem
    The NUMBER is 800-633-5151 Monday to Friday 5:00am to 7:00pm Saturday & Sunday6:30am to 3:00pm pacfic Std Time. Please help all of us by calling with your compliant
  • I have a 2007 Entourage and as of this last weekend, the slip between 3rd and 4th has resulted in my transmission no longer working. I have yet to contact Hyundai about this issue and see if there is anything that can be done rectify this issue. It was an expense that I was not ready to bear at the time. Prior to the complete failure we too had the jerking that occurred between 3rd and 4th gear.

It is unfortunate, that we had to deal with the power door issues - which occurred to us again after the recall - and they wouldn't fix it because they said they have already covered this in the recall.

No more Hyundai for this guy.
  • I have a 2007 Entourage. It has 149,000 miles. I've had all the major service done at the dearler. I had a transmission flush per the dealer 3 times... the first at 47, 000 miles in 2009, 2nd @ 109,000 in 2011, and the last @ 135,000 miles in May 2013. I started hearing a whinning sound after the 2nd flush, and ran to the dealer to tell of such, they couldn't tell me about where the whinning sound was coming from, however they pointed out to me that my ? suspension was leaking... Anyway I continued to hear that whinning. So I took my car to a long time mechanic I trusted, who put the car up on the lift, and rev the engine, to try to figure out where the noise was coming from. He told me it was the transmission, then he check the dip stick to find the dealer had over filled the fluids from the last flush. He wouldn't touch it, told me to take it back to the dealer, I did, and they empty the fluid, refilled it, and the next day it was worse. I took the car back, they gave me a loaner until they figure out what to do, the cost to replace the transmission per the dealer is $3000. Im just waiting now on dealer, today is the 5th day I've had the loaner... will keep all informed of results
2»