Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Ford Edge

1234568»

Comments

• Have an 08 AWD LTD w/ 13k. Last weekend, smelled a burning small from car near my home. Got out, and car was smoking from underneath. Had puddle of red fluid under car next morning. It has been at the local dlr for a week now, and nobody can even tell me when they can expect a part, etc. Called Ford, same deal, but they are going to call me back on Tuesday (great customer service - not).

Anyone have any info on this situation or part availability? Thanks.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    There is a new PTU unit that is supposed to fix the problem once and for all. There could be a temporary shortage of parts but others are getting theirs repaired so it shouldn't take too long. The good news is you should only have to get it repaired once.
  • emjay1emjay1 Posts: 22
    With the 2010 Edge about to ship to my local dealerships, I'm hoping to pick up a 2008 for a steal "get it off the lot" price. There aren't many, but they do exist. I've test-driven Nissans, Toyotas and Mazdas, and the Edge is by far the best bang for the buck, IMHO. Anyone with a 2008 - are you still happy?
  • coltsfancoltsfan Posts: 13
    We bought our 2008 Edge in November, 2008 & really, really like it!! Handles great, has a great ride & lots of room. The middle seat in the back in not the greatest, but we don't use it that often. There's usually just the two of us, or us & our twin granddaughters who are still in booster seats & even with those 2 seats you can still get another butt in the middle of the back seat!! It has some fun options: power lift gate, power fold down rear seats;

I would definitely buy one again!!
  • emjay1emjay1 Posts: 22
    Thank you - great recommendation. Do you think the A/C is adequate? Altho - if you're a Colts fan, you may not live in a hot climate like here in Texas. I'm wanting one with the COOLED seats - oh, man!!

Also - I have read that the brakes are not as good as comparable crossovers from other manufacturers - have you had any braking issues?

Anyone else?
    We live in Atlanta where temps approach 100 with high humidity and we've never had a problem with cooling in the Edge. We've never had to turn it down below 72.

Braking on the 2007 models was a little long but that improved with the 08 models and Michelin tires. There is no brake problem on the 08 and later models.
  • berriberri Posts: 4,141
    What's coming down the line? When will the Edge be updated? I'm a bit disappointed that it appears Ford's new ecoboost only helps horsepower and not fuel economy. Considering this and the Highlander in a couple of years. Thanks.
    The new Explorer debuts next year - built off of the D3 platform (Taurus, Flex). It is expected to have a 2.0L Ecoboost 4 cylinder engine. I would expect the Edge to get the same engine when it's redesigned - probably in 2 years.

When Ford started ecoboost development fuel economy wasn't a big issue, so they started with the V8 replacement (3.5L ecoboost).

And it most certainly does help fuel economy if you put it up against a similar V8 producing 350+ hp. I think the ecoboost MKS actually gets better FE than the 3.7L version. Of course I understand what you mean - you'd rather see a 2.0L ecoboost providing the same power as the 3.5L/3.7L but with better FE. It's coming.
1234568»
This discussion has been closed.