Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota 4Runner Navigation System

carrie618carrie618 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Does anyone have an override solution for the 2007 JBL navigation system so that it can be operated while driving?

Comments

• pilotbumpilotbum Member Posts: 1
    Have you found an answer to this question yet? I've been trying to figure out the same thing...
  • tsu670tsu670 Member Posts: 293
    Our '08 has a voice recognition button on the lower right of the steering wheel that can be used to input an address while the truck is moving. Seems to work pretty well. Maybe that feature wasn't available on '07s?

Also, and this falls into the FWIW category, there's a very good tutorial on the Toyota navigation system on the Toyota website. I got to it by selecting the 4Runner model under "SUV" drop down button on home page, then selecting Feature Demos near the top of the list on the left.

You're most likely already very well checked out on the system by now, but might be useful for others who see this and are wondering if Navigation is a feature they would like to have when buying a new 4Runner.
  • azaliazali Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to buy a 08 SR5. One dealer suggests a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 system and another recommends a Power Acoustik system. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.