Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Dakota - Quad Cab

1163164165166167169»

Comments

• jnealjneal Posts: 247
    0201 is a code for a problem with fuel injection circuitry on cylinder # 1
    0301 is code for misfire detectected on cyl # 1

Could be something as easy as a bad wiring connector or could be the injector itself
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,926
    Well, my 2003 Club Cab is going on 70,000 miles.

The 2003s got a different and improved set of brakes and I think perform and last longer than the previous years. As Sunburn mentioned, ball joints were an issue on early '03s. The uppers were covered under warranty and still are. The lowers are not. My suggestion is to grease them periodically regardless.

The heater blower motor resistors are famous for failing. Mopar's gone through three interations of the resistor design. The jury's still out, but as indicated the part is fairly inexpensive and easy to install.

Intermediate steerings shafts have a tendency to get rusty and cause a snapping or clunk in the steering. This was also warranted by Dodge in 4x4s. Not sure about 4x2s.

Let's see, some complaints of premature air conditioning failures due to leaky evaporators, and I'd noted a couple of heater core failures as well. The failure rate seems quite low on these items, though.

Oh, yes. The fuel cap. Older Daks experienced failures which trip the MIL indicator and give a diagnostic trouble code of P0456. 2002s and down also experience the rubber fuel vapor return lines cracking causing a similar code.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Best regards,
    Dusty
  • I have an 01 Quad with 90 miles and it seems every 20,000 miles or so I start getting a front end or back end groaning sound that seems to start when I apply the brakes or take a slow turn. Dodge dealer has replaced sway bar bushings on a couple occasions and that seems to take of the problem for about 2 years and then the problem returns. In fact I think I have had a couple of bushing chewed up or almost broken in the past. I never drive off road and am getting a tired of paying to have bushing replaced.

Does anyone know how long sway bar bushing should last and is their anyway to prolong their lifespan. I've read on the board that you can lubricate the bushing but I'm not sure what you use (grease/oil?) and how to apply. I assume you have to get inside the bushing to apply the grease which sound complicated.

Any input would be appreciate cause I'm getting tired of the groaning noise but don't want to pay $123 to replace two front front sway bar bushings again.

Thanks - Brake4me
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. Many of the large generic discussions (like this one) will be closed to new posts, and we ask that you continue in the more focused discussions that you can find at the Group page for the vehicle, linked below. This discussion will not be deleted, so you can still search for information in it.

We recognize this is going to take some getting used to (for the hosts too!), so please bear with us. If you have any questions, you can always email the host of any discussion - the link is at the top of each page to the host who oversees that discussion.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host

Dodge Dakota Group
This discussion has been closed.