Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Dakota - Quad Cab

Comments

• Options
    ethuressonethuresson Member Posts: 55
    You, my friend, need to take a chill pill and relax. Let me ask you this. If you are cruising on a 2 or 3 lane highway that is straight, flat, and devoid of traffic, and are intent on driving and NOTHING else, what's wrong with 100mph? I take 1800 mile trips about 4x year and leave for the road at 3am (long drive). I drink lotsa coffee and don't even turn on the radio, and I've cruised at 100+ for 2 or 3 hrs straight on these empty roads. (though not in my truck, in my diesel VW actually. sweet car). You could do something I consider moronic, too.

Though I must admit I wouldn't feel as confident doing 100 in the truck. Car is different.

Anyway, chill out tripliz..
  • Options
    urban3urban3 Member Posts: 74
    txqc2000 - Can the bedlight be installed after a factory bedliner is already in place?

All - Anyone have any comments regarding the factory installed bedliner and water getting trapped? Someone was suggesting the plastic liner may trap water underneath it leading to corrosion.

I realize this probably wouldn't be an issue with a cap or cover.

Thanks.
  • Options
    txqc2000txqc2000 Member Posts: 121
    Yes, the bedlight can be installed after the factory bedliner is in place. In fact, it has to be done this way because it attaches to the bedliner.
  • Options
    cbacres1cbacres1 Member Posts: 18
    At least promise you won't go ten miles down the road with your left turn signal on. The low gears will be helpful to you in obtaining parking spaces.(Caddy & Lincoln's just are not any good for jumping curbs or going thru swales at restaurants)
  • Options
    Did you install this relay or is it a fact. relay? This sounds like a great set up since I'm will be installing a hardcover and would be a good alternative to the flashlight that my kid keeps running off with. Is the remote that you are referring to the factory keyless? Can you provide some more details?
    Thanks
  • Options
    gator72gator72 Member Posts: 115
    Hey, TL, if it's too fast, you're TOO old. Huhh, Huhh. (Just kidding).

It might come as a surprize to you TL, but, there are still some wide-open spaces in this great nation where you can let the good times roll!!! No high-rises or parking meters to be found. I was there last weekend. Flat as a pancake; and miles and miles of miles and miles. No traffic and no highway patrol. Get the picture???

I paid for the "big" motor and I have a pocket full of gas money. I wanna go fast and I CAN pay for the gas.

So, hey Butthead, get outta my way!

P.S. I wonder if TL is one of those guys that holds up traffic in the fast lane.

GATOR72 a/k/a "White Light'nin"
  • Options
    biglucybiglucy Member Posts: 140
    However brash , I have to side with the Lizard on this one. Although we Americans do not appreciate being put down by the man with the "governor", leave the need for speed at the racetrack. So there are wide open spaces left in the US? I've also driven at 3 in the morning with a belly full of coffee, and I am also known to be a leadfoot, but I can't justify blowin down the highway at speeds of 100 mph. Blow out a tire or hit a large animal and we won't see you around here no more and bookitty would not want that!
  • Options
    tvaytvay Member Posts: 12
    Hello everyone.. I'm planning 1st road trip w/ quad. Rochester, ny to Virginia Beach. ??? I heard PA route 15 is a divided highway now. Is that true or is PA still a nightmere to drive through???
  • Options
    bluebayoubluebayou Member Posts: 60
    Hey all!

I'm finally negotiating for my brand new 01 QC (SLT +. 4.7, 3.55, lsd, loaded except leather). Is there any way I can find out about the build dates for a truck that is all ready on the dealers lot? I don't want to purchase a vehicle if it has been sitting there for 6 months. Besides, it will give me some more ammunition when negotiating the price.

As always this board is the best.

Bluebayou
  • Options
    This was an additional relay that the dealer had to install to make this work. The normal setup that Mopar contemplates is to turn on the light only when the cablight is turned on (ie. you have to turn the dial inside of the cab on -- which is a real pain).

Since the relay is tied into the interior lights and not the cab light, when you hit the factory keyless remote, the bedlight will come on with the interior light. It will also go out in a few minutes, but you can either press the button again or turn on the cab light to keep the light on for as long as you need.

Click on the links below if you want to see pics of the bedlight.

'00 Quadcab SLT+ Garnet Red 4x4 (AWD) 5.9L 46RE 3.55 LSD. For list of modifications to my QC, see my profile:

http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Vof5jrNb0pR1M/

For pictures of my QC & Accessories: http://www.geocities.com/txqc2000
  • Options
    billarfbillarf Member Posts: 38
    Look on the drivers door. There is a small metal plate there with the build date and more.
    Bill in NY
  • Options
    Great photos!

Did the dealer install the Cold Air Induction system? How much did it all cost? Did you have to make extensive electronic modifications (ie computer stuff). How much new power does the new induction system give you.

I like the bedlight w/12v hookup. I didn't even know Mopar made such a thing. How much was it?

In December, I bought a 3-pack of those round "push-on/off" self-adhesive lights at Wal-Mart for @ $14.99. Hey, I know it's cheap; but, they actually look good; blends in well.

Each light is about the size of a large saucer. Put one on each side of the bed behind the wheel protrusion; AND, one in the center of the front wall - behind the cab. Lights up entire bed! Haven't had to replace the batteries yet, either. The lights are white; and, my 01 QC SLT+ is white. So, the lights blend in pretty well.

GATOR72 a/k/a "Lead Foot"
  • Options
    zidctlrzidctlr Member Posts: 46
    Just got the Mopar roof rack installed. It is SWEET! Gives the truck a whole different stance!
  • Options
    I think the Cold Air Induction was only around $200. I can't remember if this was the installed price or not. The dealer installed it for me. No changes to any electronics are required (it replaces the stock airbox with the tuned tube, K&N filter, and cold air box), though you may want to reset the PCM if you want to start from scratch. This Mopar part is basically a rebranded K&N FIP Gen II system. It is supposed to add something like 15+hp at the rear wheels according to the people @ Mopar's tech line. I can't remember what the torque increase is. I bought it b/c it was supposed to help with the gas mileage somewhat, but I haven't notice any increase or decrease for that matter. Power is noticeable throughout the powerband.

If you have the 4.7L engine, K&N hasn't come out with the kit for this engine yet, but will be releasing it in a few months. I'm not sure whether Mopar will be carrying it then as well (advantage is that it carries the Dodge/Mopar warranty). Oh, and it is 50 state legal for emissions.

The bedlight was about $90 installed (the dealer gave me a discount on this part & the Cold Air Induction system). The light is surprisingly bright and effective, as it does a good job lighting up the entire bed. And you won't believe how many people asked me "what's that in your bed?" before I had the gullwing tonneau installed.
  • Options
    ayrowayrow Member Posts: 99
    I am almost embarrassed to ask this question since I have done so many things with so many cars and trucks in the past.

I tried to remove the door trim from my 2001 QC to get at the side-mirror from the inside. I started by removing all of the screws. Then I started to pull from the bottom to snap the trim loose. However, it seemed more like I was breaking it off rather than snapping it off.

My question is; does anybody know how to remove to door trim without destroying it? What was I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ayrow
  • Options
    drdakotadrdakota Member Posts: 24
    I have done some reading regarding performance modifications. Several people have recommended getting a 180 degree thermostat installed. Can anyone tell me what this does and if it is really a performance enhancement?
  • Options
    weebednaweebedna Member Posts: 30
    zidctlr....please post a pic if possible of the rack...I haven't yet seen a single dak yet with the rack - i have been thinking about purchasing one for months...was it hard to install?

thanks
  • Options
    This is only an issue if you upgrade your PCM to the Mopar HP PCM or add a Jet Stage II chip which advances your timing. The engine tends to run hotter under those circumstances and causes the engine to ping, so the 180 T-stat opens up sooner (ie. @ 180 degrees instead of the stock 195) to help prevent the engine from getting to that point. It does not add any "performance" per se.
  • Options
    quaddubquaddub Member Posts: 25
    if you have window crank, remove that too

you have to lift door trim panel up and pull out at same time- you can't just pull on it, there are hook or "step" type retainers- and lifting up on panel is also needed

next, you will also need to disengage door handle linkage (inside) and any wire connections like speaker, door locks and power windows

good luck
  • Options
    ethuressonethuresson Member Posts: 55
    We can agree to disagree. Time and place for everything and all that. But you should chill on the moron stuff. Just a tip on the ole' social skills thang, no one here has wronged you...
  • Options
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The last time I checked, our Constitution still allows us to freely express our ideas. This Town Hall was designed for the free exchange ideas and information; not to slam other people. Besides, you don't know the people you are denigrating.

It is inappropriate to call people pejorative names merely because they possess an opinion which differs from yours. As you grow older, you might come to appreciate the wisdom of that concept.

Now, get over it and move on!

GATOR72
  • Options
    bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    Hey guys, this is the best forum on the Internet. The reason being, is because we choose to refrain from "dissing" and "burning" people over opinions that we don't share. This message is for all of us,
    lest we turn from productive input to become like so many other forums. We have a great group of people who together hold an imposing wealth of information. That goes for the "regulars" as well as the "once in a whiles." Please let us all get along in the interest of discussing and helping others obtain useful information regarding Dodge Dakota Trucks along with related products. Thanks.

Bookitty
  • Options
    spike50spike50 Member Posts: 481
    tray - I think PA's roads are just like those everywhere. They all need repaired at some point. I'm not sure if its the initial road design or the materials and workmanship that go into the road that contribute to what might seem to be a need for frequent repairs. I think that traffic has gotten worse, the speed and the shorter amount of time we alot to getting from one place to another significantly contributes to the rage that begins to build as you're sitting there for 20-60 mins. But the chaos of merging always gets to me. If there was some order to it rather than the free for all of trucks blocking, cars shooting up the shoulders, in and around the warning signs in the grass, start / stop - yep makes me crazy, especially on a hot day.

I travelled Rt 15 between Harrisburg and Mansfield, PA back when it was just a two-lane. PennDOT has put a ton of tax dollars in to it and its much improved. Runs along the scenic Susquehanna River for a long stretch. Too bad we're all going so fast so as not to enjoy it.
  • Options
    badassbobbadassbob Member Posts: 78
    Well After 1 year, 2 weeks, 1 day and 17,000 miles, Someone finally "Did In" my Red 2000 4x4 5sp 4.7L Quad.

I live 1/2 mile from a shopping center and had scheduled to have a door ding repaired today that i recived in this shopping center this past weekend . On the way home from work last night to pick up my wife and 6 month old daughter, some moron in a S-10 Blazer pulled out into oncoming traffic (ie. ME!!!) from this very shopping center i recieved the ding. I T-Boned the guy @ 45 mph after he rabbited out into traffic... No time to hit the brakes, just one big CRUNCH and pieces of my beautiful red baby flying all over the road.

I know this is not constructive conversation but i thought it would say a little bit about how tough and safe these Quads are... I T-Boned an S-10 Blazer @ 45mph and walked out(After kicking the door open) unharmed but very ANGRY with only a scuff on my inner forearm from the steering wheel airbag cover when it deployed!!!!!!

The Blazer on the other hand was destroyed after my Quad punted it 20 ft over a curb!!!! The "moron" had a couple of broken ribs and a really good view of the ram's head logo on my hood, but he will live. My Quad on the other hand will probably be totalled out even though it will crank up and drive (or should i say limp) around.

If this had to happen, it was the right time because 10 minutes later my wife, 6month old daughter, and 2 year old boxer puppy would have been in the Quad with me to drive to a walkthrough of our new house we have built that we are scheduled to close on Next Friday!!!

This truck served its purpose and fearlessly defended the life of its owner. It will be laid to rest with full honors and mabey a ceremony out by the garage. So in memory of my fallen friend, I ask that everyone drive with their rear door windows at half mast Today!!! (Weather Permitting of course ;) )

The good news is that the body shop owner said that getting the door ding out would NOT be a problem!!! The rest of the truck, however, may pose a bit of a "challenge" !!!!!

By the way....Anyone know what lies around the corner for 2002!!! That New full-size Ram Quad looks awfully tempting!!!!

MORAL OF THE STORY----> Watch out for idiots and wear you seatbelt...After this accident i firmly believe that under the great looking exterior, strong engine, great ride,and roomy interior is really a Sherman Tank!!!

Ive Got some Digital pics of the "Crime Scene" if anyone would like to see how bad of a lick this truck took and how it faired!!! Drop me a email @ gchadsmith@cs.com and ill send them to you.

SINCERLY

CHAD
    Greensboro, NC
  • Options
    egaquamanegaquaman Member Posts: 19
    Chad:

Sucks that your red "baby" is sick. At least your human babies weren't there. I've read your post to my wife and she sees why we "needed" our Dak QC. Thanks for being my crash test dummy! Hope you're not hurtin' too bad.
  • Options
    Chad, glad that you are okay, but sorry that you had to experience such trauma. I don't know what the laws are in your state, but in PA that type of accident is usually charged to the driver leaving private property (or through a stop sign or traffic signal) as "failure to yield." It is good that your wife, the baby and puppy were not exposed to danger, and you were not seriously injured. Count your blessings.

Bookitty
  • Options
    About ten years ago, my father and I were clipped in the passenger quarter panel by an eighteen wheeler that was hydroplaning down a pretty big hill. He went through the side of a building first, so we didn't see him coming, we were just sitting at a red light on a monday morning. He clipped our faithful '68 Coronet and spun the car around at least three times, it felt like an eternity, He went through the intersection, took out the traffic light and ripped the box of his bed to shreds. Everyone was OK Gotta love the metal in those Dodges!!! Please send me pics of the accident at rfroache@hotmail.com if you don't want to post them in the photo gallery.

big !!!!!!
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Some posts have been removed for incivility. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but please refrain from personal attacks. This has always been a friendly group...and I hope is continues to stay that way.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • Options
    ford_biiford_bii Member Posts: 120
    My dad was in an accident on May 9th. He drives a 98 F-150 Supercab. The guy who hit him was driving a Buick and ran a red light at about 55. (must have been sleeping). He slammed the left front fender and spun the F-150 around almost 360. Now my pop's got a broken collar bone, and I have to drive home and mow his lawn every week. :) If he had been just another 6 feet back and slammed him in the driver's door, he probably would have been done with. It got me to thinking about how strong the Quad is, and if I should've bought a full-size. But I guess I'll be ok with the Quad.

People are in too much of a hurry these days...
  • Options
    yank2yank2 Member Posts: 49
    Since March of 2000 have had a rear end whine. Many trips to 5 Star dealer no luck . The latest is the Dealer Rep says that this is characteristic to the truck and if I don't like it to sell the truck. What a way to treat a customer. First Dodge in the family since 1950 and it will be the last.
  • Options
    Bob, try to get in writing what the area representative said. Also find out if your state has a "Lemon Law" so that this representative can tell them instead of telling you. Return the truck
    to the dealer or make certain that your complaint is well documented. You can also take the truck to another dealer. My truck does not have a rear end whine. Another member (I think it was ferrous) had his truck replaced and paid only for mileage that he had logged. Great deal for him, but he had the support of his dealer, something that you unfortunately lack. If nothing is resolved to your satisfaction, go over the head of the area representative. There are consumer organizations that will help you. I know all of this detail is a pain in the neck but it may pay off in the end. Good luck.

Bookitty
  • Options
    Scanning over the most recent statements submitted by some of our members, let me join the group that feels we should just get on with our business. I'm a new member and have been very impressed with the knowledge and experience of the others. Mostly, I have been impressed with their willingness to share these with the others and the sense of community which has developed. Honestly, this is why we're all here isn't it.

Anyway, back to business. Has anyone had any experience with synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid? I currently use synthetic oil and am very please that my engine runs cooler and gas mileage has marginally improved. Another owner now uses the synthetic ATF and said his Toyota's performance is greatly improved.
  • Options
    hennehenne Member Posts: 407
    bad kitty, as in bad bookitty. it was me that is getting a new truck because of the rearend whine. :o))

Yank2, i cant imagine it being such a problem. after 6 tries the d/c rep approached me to buy it back and my new ordered truck arrived at the dealer today but i cant pick it up until late next week since i will be out of town. they are giving me all my money i paid for the truck back less .15/per mile and that averages out to less than 400.00 per month to drive the truck, walk away and get a new one at the price i paid origionally plus whatever options i add to the new one.

get the dealer and/or rep to ride with you in other new trucks on the lot. it is not supposed to do it and as my dealer and rep said "if its whinning then there is wear, and wear = early failure"

also dont mention me, at least until i have closed the deal on the new truck :o)) dont want to mess up my deal ya know :o)

good luck,

robert
  • Options
    yank2yank2 Member Posts: 49
    I took them for rides and she will not but it in writing. I will go further even if I have to get help in Germany. Bookitty I live in central Florida I don't know about South Florida but the Dealers hear have no skilled help. And watch out for the 91 year old driving motor homes that run into gas pumps it just happened.
  • Options
    mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    If you have a Chrysler automatic read further. If you're running a five speed, never mind. Here is a quote from your posting
    "Another owner now uses the synthetic ATF and said his Toyota's performance is greatly improved."
    The operative word in your post is Toyota. I assume you have a Dakota? If so, I strongly encourage you to check out www.allpar.com. GO to the section on transmissions. Better yet, I have a posting somewhere on here (maintenance perhaps)that goes into excruciating detail on why you must use ATF 7176+ and no other type of fluid . Chrysler trannies are VERY particular about the fluid you put in them. Many moons ago you could dump Dexron (not Dextron) in them and away you go no problems.
    That allchanged with the A604 Ultradrive which found its way into Dynasties and Minivans. It was Mother Mopar's first attempt at an electronic auto and it required ATF+3 fluid at the time.
    Well, since then ChryCO designed all their automatics to use this fluid. Check the BOB or your owners manual, my friend please don't take a chance on any other fluid. Please. Let someone else experiment, if it works, hey I'll eat these words. Otherwise stick to type 7176ATF+ and you won't go wrong.
  • Options
    yank2 - Unless he slipped out in the middle of the night, Norm is still a brethren of the great sovereign state of Pennsylvania. He only went to Florida for some "nightclubbing" and checking out resturants suggested by our awesome Hostess

Nope, sorry! Nobody gets the Boo without a fight from the PA-QC militia! And our numbers are many! Bookitty is currently being evaluated for what led him to go looking at a fat football for Florida houses in the first place, It's certainly not for the dry climate for his QC? Starting up an auto-tinting shop? A Mickey Mouse fixation? Closer to Cuba? We're still not sure, but Doctors are looking at him.

Yeah.. I know.. stick to truck talk!
  • Options
    stnickstnick Member Posts: 177
    Glad to hear you came out of the wreck unharmed. Trucks can be replaced. But just in case you long for the Dakotared as it was, I have a 2000 4x4 Flame red. To get a fix of what used to be drop by my page at http://www.geocities.com/plainsranger/index.html .It may help ease your pain. Good luck. Stnick
  • Options
    stnickstnick Member Posts: 177
    Just to let you know that the whine in rear end can definetly be corrected, and fairly easily. The only problem I have had with my quad was a whine in the rear from day one. My service guy wanted to wait until I had 8 to 10 k on it. At that point he ordered in a ring and pinion gear set. They first checked the setup on the original gear set, would not come in to specs. Replaced with new gear sets, still would not set up to specs. So he promptly ordered the complete rear end, replaced it in 3 hours, and presto, no more whine. Said axle tube slightly bent, not allowing proper set up, may have been shipping damage, but will never know for sure. Find yourself a better dealer service dept, It is a very fixable problem. Good luck, Stnick
  • Options
    skylerkskylerk Member Posts: 67
    Here is a link to mopar67's excellent post in the maintenance forum about why you shouldn't experiment with alternate fluids in Dodge automatic transmissions:

mopar67 "Dodge Dakota Owners - Maintenance Topic" May 8, 2001 12:08pm
  • Options
    Bob (henne) sorry that I confused you with ferrous. That's what happens when you get too old to recall and too lazy to search back through the postings. I have never driven into a gas pump except when I was in Florida last week. You see, they expect any qualified senior citizen to crash into a gas pump whenever the need arises. The darn gasoline is too high priced and this is our method of protest. In PA we don't do much of that because our trucks are mired in potholes. I am happy that yank2 is receiving more input from members who have had experience with noisy differentials.

Bookitty
  • Options
    Now I know without a doubt that you're welcomed to SW Fla.( I'm in the petroleum buiseness & horizontal gas pumps ( dispensers) is our specility.)

If all goes well, I should have some first hand experience with a QC next weekend. It is on a rail car to Miami. I've really enjoyed & have learned quite a bit reading all the postings. Look forward to more & hopefully being able to contribute some.

Thanks
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, checked with dealer , over the counter cost for the bedlight would be $ 118.00. Great deal & treatment by sales dept. guess I need to work on parts dept.May just shop around or build my own system. ( just have to beat the kid in the meantime) Anyway, seen your photos, looks great.
  • Options
  • Options
    urban3urban3 Member Posts: 74
    Anyone else catch an interesting news item about a military vechicle based the four dour Ram 2500?

A Chicago Tribune sunday article reports an agreement between DC and the US military to build a protype with a hybrid gasoline electric engine.

Supposedly it can run near quiet on electric, will have 30" water clearance, and can be used as a 20KW generator, reducing the need to tow one.

Looks like QC will have a big brother with a first strike capability. And the new color scheme for 2004 will be... desert camouflage.
  • Options
    Thanks for the assistance. I have had no problems with my DAK QC. However, I have been transmission curious since my first (1999)DAK had problems and gas prices are going ever upward. I do believe I will get a K&N filter. Any other recommendations? I really appreciate you folks.
  • Options
    mopar67mopar67 Member Posts: 728
    7176 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID PLUS THREE Product Bulletin Printable Copy

Return to previous page

DESCRIPTION

CAM2 7176 Automatic Transmission Fluid is an automatic transmission fluid formulated only for use in Chrysler Corporation automatic transmissions/transaxles where a Mopar ATF Plus (Type 7176) is specified. It is manufactured with highly refined base oils and performance additives to meet the frictional requirements for Chrysler automatic transmission/transaxles where a Mopar ATF Plus (Type 7176) is specified. The "Plus Three" (or "+3") specification is the latest Chrysler Corporation requirement for both factory fill and service fill. This fluid is suitable for use where older 7176 Plus specification products are recommended. CAM2 7176 Automatic Transmission Fluid is not recommended for automatic transmissions/transaxles where a Dexron III, IIE, Dexron, or Mercon Transmission fluid is specified.

Chrysler Corporation for many years have preferred their own custom designed Automatic Transmission Fluid (MS-7176) for all complete-fill and top-off of most Chrysler automatic transmissions. (Some older Chrysler and AMC vehicles should use DEXRON III). These fluids are commonly known in the industry as Chrysler 7176 Automatic Transmission Fluids.

Chrysler have recently become much more strict about requiring only products that meet MS- 7176 performance requirements. Chrysler will no longer accept any use of non-Chrysler fluids even for top-off conditions. Previously Chrysler would permit the use of DEXRON fluids for top-off conditions.

TYPICAL PROPERTIES

Gravity, API 34.6

Color Red

Flash, COC, C 210

Viscosity, cSt @ 40 C 34.8

Viscosity, cSt @ 100 C 7.40

Viscosity, cP @ -40 C 15,000

Viscosity Index 187

Return to previous page

CAM2 Oil Products Company http://www.CAM2.COM

380 West Butler Avenue New Britain, Pennsylvania 18901 U.S.A.

1.215.340.CAM2 fax: 1.215.340.2265 © 1999 CAM2 Oil Products Company All Rights Reserved

• Options
    prophetxprophetx Member Posts: 5
    It's been a while since I've been here, but I wanted to give an update. After 6,000 miles, our black 01 QC is fabulous. My wife and I couldn't be happier, (Unless gas prices start dropping). We have a loaded 4.7L AT 4wd and the only thing I wish it had was leather. I'll survive!

We took a 450 mile trip last weekend and did 21 mpg with the wind at our back, and 19 coming back into it. I was quite pleased as we seem to get 16 mpg in the city. Just put an aftermarket hitch on to pull sleds and a 14 ft fishing boat. Couldn't even tell the boat was back there except when I looked in the miror. I can't wait to get that 20 footer with a 4.3 I/O back there and really test it. Until then, best of luck and enjoy your Quads!
  • Options
    ahasherahasher Member Posts: 236
    26,000 miles hit this weekend, idle fix just fine. Brakes not giving me any problems. I spent Saturday polishing then waxing with McGqures (did I spell that right??) Had someone stop in his toyota SUV and compliment me on my QC and ask me several questions about it, saying he was very interested in trading up. Suprised him it was about 13 mos old now, he thought it was new. Also the QC took the polish and wax so well that on my way to work today a couple of bugs hit the hood and immediately skidded right off, it was so slick ;-)
  • Options
    tmatthewtmatthew Member Posts: 26
    AHASHER: I am glad I am not the only one putting on the miles on my QC. I have had my '01 4.7 4x4 auto for about 10 mos and am upon the 15K mark. No problems. Running great. I also get 16 MPG with my 3.55. Just had a buddy repaint a 12" scratch I received on the left front fender while hunting this fall. Came out perfect. Dealer wanted $488 to do it. He charged me $150. Well spent. I use Macguires also. Good stuff!
  • Options
    pmaceypmacey Member Posts: 33
    Just hit 500 miles on the way to work this morning. I have a 2001 DAK QC with 4.7/AWD/Auto/3.92/Limited Slip/T&H/Sport+ that I took delivery of on 5/2/01

Right at the 500 mile mark, computer showed AVG ECO of 14.9 MPG, current MPG of 16 while driving at 60 MPH on the highway.

I did hit AVG ECO of 15.1 earlier this weekend.

Slight mods include K&N drop in (waiting on GEN II FIPK), Lund Bug deflector and vent visors (not too happy with the wind noise these produce, anyone else with the autoshade or autovent visors have this wind noise?)

First oil change will be around 800 miles, keeping to dino oil, no synthetics yet but I do have a new DAK Owner Seminar at the dealership Wednesday night, gonna ask their opinion on putting in synthetic 10w-30 for summer driving, at the 800 mile mark) and/or if various posts I've read about these DAKS coming with tri-synthetic oil from the factory, are true.

Otherwise, two thumbs up and one foot down (if you know what I mean!)
This discussion has been closed.