Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Vibe 2009+

Comments

• wtd44wtd44 Posts: 1,211
    I agree with you that the oil change should come every 3K. It's just a little assurance thing to keep one from being sorry later, you might say. :shades:

I only have 400 miles on my 09 AWD 2.4--
  • zzsignupzzsignup Posts: 6
    I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall the very first oil change should be around 3000 due to engine break-in.

I usually do the normal oil-change at 5000-7000, since I do mostly highway miles.
  • mywreckmywreck Posts: 5
    Thank heavens for that! I find it very annoying when someone locks their car and the horn honks.
    The honking can be slightly startling, but it has a value for reassurance of locking, and also in locating the car. In addition, some game-playing for amusement... :P
  • morristrmmorristrm Posts: 1
    Annoying. Rude. Crude. Uncivil. Should be outlawed.
  • gary_ggary_g Posts: 13
    "I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall the very first oil change should be around 3000 due to engine break-in."

- My manual does indeed say every 5000 miles for an '08.

I will make the 1st oil change at 5000 miles, after that I'll do evey 7000 miles.

Take care.
    "Annoying. Rude. Crude. Uncivil. Should be outlawed."

And I'll take a dozen now, thanks! ;)
  • kasjunkasjun Posts: 4
    although i prefer the locking to be silent many vehicles have the option of either silent or horn sounding. it can't be too hard to include that.
    on another note i would like to let anyone out there interested in the chrome clad 17 inch wheels to know they are actually not chrome but only a plastic wrapped wheel that chips easily. our vibe started peeling off after only 1500 miles and pontiac will do nothing about it. just thought i would warn anyone interested in those wheels. i don't know how they figure these are worth 650 dollars extra for plastic.
  • At less than 4,000 miles and none of it on what one would call a rugged road, I have pinholes on the front spoiler (air dam). At first, I thought the pits were bugs. Upon close inspection, they are irregularly shaped specks of silver ("liquid platinum"?) paint, each with a small hinge to reveal the black elastomeric spoiler. The coating should be more resilient. I still love my Vibe GT but am disappointed.
  • rob52rob52 Posts: 2
    I CHANGED MY OIL ON A 2.4 ENGINE AND THE DIPSTICK READS FULL
    AT 4 QUARTS. THE 2009 VIBE MANUAL STATES THE ENGINE IS FULL AT 4.5 QUARTS. HAS ANYONE RUN INTO A SIMILIAR SITUATION? I READ ABOUT 2000 TOYOTA TRUCKS BEING SENT FROM THE FACTORY WITH
    THE WRONG DIPSTICK AND HAD TO BE REPLACED BY TOYOTA.
    Did you change the oil filter as well? Whether you did or didn't could make a difference in the oil required to reach the mark on the dipstick. I haven't changed the oil and filter yet on my 2009 Vibe AWD, so I don't have a pat answer. :confuse:
  • bones8bones8 Posts: 2
    Pontiac refers to the Vibe auto trans option as; 5 speed automatic with Driver Shift Control. What does Driver Shift Conrol mean. How is it different from the automatics I have driving? thanks
  • bikerscumbikerscum Posts: 9
    The shifter is electronic. Pull it down into drive & it shifts as normal. Move the shifter to the left from there & it becomes a tap shifter... bump it forward to upshift, backward to downshift. It does not give you full manual control.... you can force a downshift, but not an upshift if the trans would not shift into that gear at that speed. In other words, you can't tap it forward 4 times & start out in fifth.
  • bones8bones8 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the repsonse and understandable explanation.
  • maxx4memaxx4me Posts: 1,340
    Can anyone tell me if they have discovered where the cannister is on the 1.8 liter engine? I have been told it requires a "special tool" to remove the lid, but this could be nothing more than a phillips head screwdriver for all I know. I don't want to buy this car if I can't change the oil myself. Thanks.
  • repoman1repoman1 Posts: 64
    If / when anyone knows where to get a hood deflector for a 2009 please post it here. Pontiac parts department does not have anything. I searched the web and could not find anything.
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Go to weathertech.com They have real good bug deflectors and EASY to Install...usually fits into existing underhood holes with no drilling. No, I don't work for them....but...they really do have excellent products.
  • repoman1repoman1 Posts: 64
    The weathertech stuff looks nice, exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately they do not have a hood deflector for the 2009 Vibe yet. The only option that I can find right now is putting 3M Scotchgard or Invsi-Mask film on the hood.
  • I just bought a 2009 Vibe in liquid platinum with the 1.8 and auto trans. I have the hubcaps in 16" and was wishing I could have got aluminum wheels but I couldn't with that package combo. Anyway, I've been searching for accessories and noticed someone on e-bay selling body moldings for a VIBE 09.