Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the Chevy Volt Succeed?

1282930313234»

Comments

• larsblarsb Posts: 8,204
    I wasn't accusing the guy of lying, but merely just wondering about the logistics which would allow someone to own/drive 70 cars in a lifetime.

Even at age 69, that's a lot of cars to have owned.

Glad he loves his Volt !!
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 29,162
    1943 is my year, so that was what I noticed. Then some folks buy old beaters and fix and sell them. That can be profitable as well as run a lot of cars through your yard.

Bottom line, he likes his Volt.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Maybe he is like me, been married for 33 years and we both enjoy new cars so one of us gets a new car each year and since I'm the one who makes the decisions most years equals a few cars plus a few motorhomes a jeep or two, or three for off roading while camping and it don't take long to add them up. I've had one totaled, and wife a couple wreaks where she didn't want to drive it any longer and you have a lot of vehicles :shades:
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,941
    great news re volt. i like hearing from owners. one pal of mine has one and i read about it on FB.
    as for # of cars, i'm 50 and have owned about 30 cars, 29 of them new. my vehicular consumption rate has lessened, so I'm probably not quite on pace for 70 cars ;).

one highschool friend of mine got a letter from the state when he was 18 - telling
    him not to sell any more cars in the year - else he would have to register with the state as a car-dealer. (he had bought/restored/profited on >10 cars.)
    If you are looking for a Volt, most of the dealers in So CA have them ready to go. No waiting here. My favorite Chevy dealer Bob Stall has 10 in stock.

http://www.bobstall.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&make=Chevrolet
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    Thanks for trying to help, but that was just link spam disguised as a real post. :sick:

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I figured it was and did not go to the link provided. Just wanted any prospective Volt buyers know it is still a buyers market. Plenty of them available for sale.
    AUSTIN, Texas — Maybe it should be renamed "Chevrolet Volt-ville." The largest concentration of Chevrolet Volts in the country will play a key role in helping Texas residents in a 700-acre planned community as they test the impact of "smart homes" and other green technology, like electronic vehicles.

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/volt/2012/2012-chevrolet-volt-becomes-center- piece-of-smart-community.html
    Chevy Volt sales drop in November, Nissan Leaf remains steady

Plug-in sales dropped slightly in November with Nissan Lear's steady sales unable to make up for the drop in Chevy Volt sales, Voelcker writes. The Chevy Volt range-extended electric car, logged 1,519 sales.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/In-Gear/2012/1204/Chevy-Volt-sales-drop-in-Nov- ember-Nissan-Leaf-remains-steady
    How long before they own the Volt and its parent GM?

A Chinese car parts maker has won the auction for bankrupt US battery maker A123 Systems, in a further success in international dealmaking for Chinese groups.

Wanxiang Group bid about $257m to win the auction for the battery maker, which supplies electric cars.