Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1968 Lincoln Continental Hood problems.

ford_lover1ford_lover1 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2014 in Lincoln
I have a 1968 Lincoln Continental and I cant get the hood open. Ive pulled the hood lever under the dash and nothing happens. Any idea how to get the car open without breaking something?

Comments

• jcountry25jcountry25 Member Posts: 1
    I wonder if you can reach the hood release threw the grille you might try that.
    :)
  • ford_lover1ford_lover1 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for tryin to help. Lol a 68' Lincoln Continentals hood opens opposite of regular hoods. :) I finnaly did get it open I just had to pull the hood handle really hard. It was tuff. Now I have a new problem. I put a new battery on it. Put good gas. And tried to start it and it wont try to turn over. Lights on the dash will come on like (OIL) and some others and the radios :) which is always a good thing lol. Any ideas what the problem could be with starting?
  • 2dr67linc2dr67linc Member Posts: 1
    have you tried the starter solenoid and checked the starter and the batt cables and wires.I had to put a starter button on my 67.
This discussion has been closed.