Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Navigation and Electronics

Comments

• batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    Odometer (MMCS):

I expect to be in Chile for a number of years with my Outlander XLS 4WD 2008. In order to gain a Chilean number plate it is required that the Mileage counter counts in Kilometres instead of Miles. Because the actual vehicle mileage is controlled by the CPU ( I think) of the car electronically and displayed as a LED light in the control panel I wonder if there is a way to make this conversion as happens presently by changing Celsius to Fahrenheit, English to Spanish or French, fuel consume in miles or kilometres per hour, etc.

Could some members provide a comment on this or suggest something that may lead to a solution.
  • kopkop Posts: 1
    How do i go about installing a back up camera ?? I would love to get some direction on this point.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 894
    I know they sell aftermarket ones. I was looking at one at Sam's club the other day. If you mean tying into the factory nav, can't help you there.
  • I have a 2007 Outlander with the rear DVD but not the Navigation system. I cannot figure out any way to have the kids be able to LISTEN to a DVD they are watching. I bought speakers and connected them to the adio outputs and tried every setting but nothing produced any sound. Can I buy wireless headphones? Will THEY work? Has anyone found away to listen to this thing?
  • markusimarkusi Posts: 1
    I bought Alpine IR wireless headphones for $50/each at BestBuy.ca and they work great on the system. Don't buy the ones from your dealer they are over $100/piece and don't fit as comfortably. The nice thing is that the kids can sit in the back and watch a DVD and I can still listen to my music in the front! Make sure when you are buying wireless headphones that they are Infra-red or they will not work.
  • Thanks, I am going to try this as we still have never used this system.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 894
    Maybe someone with an Outlander can answer my question. I started my '07 Outlander LS last night, and the Daytime running lamps didn't come on. The dash lights worked, and the lights worked with the switch. I checked them today, same thing. Then, when I started the car later, the lights came on. After restartin and checking the lights a few times, it seems that if the parking brake is on, the DRL's don't come on. With the brake off, they work. Is this a coincidence and something wrong with my lights, or are the DRL's supposed to be off until the parking brake is released and car in gear?
  • batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    The manual says the same that you said. There is nothing wrong with your DRL. The 2010 Outlander has the same signature.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,232
    DRL = Daytime Running Lights. If the parking brake is on you won't be moving i.e. "running" so there's no reason for them to come on. Seems like normal behavior to me. If you want I can try it on my '10 GT tomorrow to confirm but I'm guessing it is by design.

This is similar to having the fog lights go off when you turn on your hi-beams. The fogs are ineffective when the hi-beams are on so the system is smart enough to turn off the fog lights if you turn on the hi-beams.
  • soldier37soldier37 Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Outlander with the in dash DVD in the MMCS. I can hear the DVD sound while I drive but the video does not play for safety reasons. Does anyone know how to bypass so that the video plays while I drive?
  • deadsteendeadsteen Posts: 3
    I have a 2008 Outlander w/ Nav systemand 30gig hard drive. I am starting to listen to books on CD in the car and do not want to take up space on the hard drive recording them, though I would still like it to record music when I put in a new CD.

I have been unable to find anything in the on screen menus for that.
    Does anyone know how to disabled the automatic recording feature when you put in a CD? Thank you...
  • deadsteendeadsteen Posts: 3
    I hope it is not possible! I do not want to be on the road with someone who has a video on in their peripheral vision as they are driving!!
    I know it can be disabled in the '10; I'm just not sure what menu it's buried under. If you don't have your manual handy, you can try downloading it it if's available: http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/manuals.do
  • Does anyone know where they mounted the Sirius module for the 6 disc "premium" radio? I imagine it's separate from the radio because I don't think Canada gets the option and I doubt MMNA would make completely separate radios. I would like to disconnect and hopefully remove the sirius station selections from my radio display. The new FUSE system is Fantastic IMO and I use the bluetooth audio streaming to stream Pandora and Sprint Radio right from my phone. Playing music on my phone, getting in and turning the key, my music is piped through the stereo. I can even change the song selection from the radio buttons. But those 4 sirius station menus are annoying to thumb past. Is there any way to disable Sirius?
  • bassamsrbassamsr Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I have Outlander 2008 GLX 2.4 L Highline, I want to put a navigator system to be replace with my 6-CD , Radio system.
    Is it possible and from where I can get it?
    please advice.
  • Hi
    I have outlander 2008 GLX 2.4Litre Highline, with 6 CD system
    I wanna replace it with Navigator, DVD system
    First is it possible
    and from where I can Purchase it
    thanks
  • Hi folks,

Just purchased a 2010 Outlander, so far so good with one exception. The radio reception is HORRBLE, we are only able to get 3- 4 FM stations in any location. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

I did check the owners manual and made a small adjustment to the roof antenna but I don' think it's going to help.

Thanks in advance !
    Are you wanting the nav system that Mitsu sold in the 2008 Outlander or are you wanting a 3rd party unit? For a 3rd party unit, start at Crutchfield.com.

I don't know the '08 Outlander as I have a 2010. But in th e'10 the nav unit has a different instrument panel since most controls were consolidated into the screen. I'm not sure what implications that would have for going from a non-nav setup to one with nav.
    AM & FM reception in my '10 GT has been fine. Not particularly different than the car it replaced. I'm in the Chicago suburbs and I get the powerful city radio stations with no problems. The suburban station I listen to most often can be received just fine most of the way into the city, which is basically how the old car was.

That said, most often I'm using satellite or the music server.

My suggestions would be to keep fiddling with the antenna (try cleaning the contacts where it screws in as well) and to, if they're close by, try to do a side-by-side with another Outlander on the dealer's lot to see if it's unique to your stereo or not. If your stereo won't receive a station when the car next to it does, you'd have the beginnings of a case to get the head unit and/or antenna replaced should it prove necessary.
  • Good advice, thanks. I'll start with the antenna.