Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Navigation and Electronics

Comments

• busta4busta4 Posts: 35
    I had my radio replaced to try and fix the issue of the cutting in and out of FM radio stations. It did not work. Has anyone had a successful fix of this issue? Is there any kind of TSB yet? thanks
  • asiandudeasiandude Posts: 13
    Purchased in 2007, for the past six months has suffered the following problems:
    The door locks will 'lock' themselves at any time either when parked or driving. If the vehicle is parked and locked then the doors will still try to lock again and the headlights and spot lights will illuminate (but not the tail lights!) and sometimes the rear wiper will also turn itself on for a few sweeps even though the switches are all off!! The vehicle will lock itself even if the remote/key is inside. The dealer has spent time trying to solve this but has pretty much given up.....has anyone encountered these problems? Please help, I'm ready to set this car on fire.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 905
    I've heard of no one else with these problems. No electrical glitches at all with mine. Save your repair orders, you may end up eligible for the Lemon Law.
  • biscuit_xlsbiscuit_xls Posts: 194
    Did you buy the vehicle new? Could it be a flood damage car?

Document everything with the dealership.
  • Does anyone know if you can get the sound thru the speakers instead of having to use the headphone when watching a movie?
  • juffersjuffers Posts: 1
    Had this problem of "loosing" stereo reception since buying my 07 (Sun & Sound)in Aug/07, thought it was interference on the stations I was listening to. Looks like I'm not the only one loosing my mind!!

Has there been a concensus on the fix??

Thanks.
  • busta4busta4 Posts: 35
    It is an issue in some of the 07 outlanders. I do not think there is a service bulletin but Mitsubishi is aware of it and I would be surprised if your dealer was not aware. How does our stereo sound otherwise? (with Cd's. satellite) do you get any vibrating plastic or poor sound quality?
  • Hello Outlander user's! I'm from Poland (EU), and i've imported 2007 Outlander XLS from USA (New York). I have a problem with integrated Nav, and i dont know how to cange time to EU? There's onlu Time Zone change option but its only on USA region. Does anyone know how to change time for example 5 minutes earlyer or later? Please Help Me :)
  • chelentanochelentano Posts: 634
    Anyone could tell, please, how does the Outlander's GPS system work: will it let you enter a destination address while moving, or you'd have to stop?
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    You can set, change, and delete destinations while running at top speeds. But for safety's sake, I don't recommend you doing that, but yes, it's possible.
  • cdetorecdetore Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the Navigation/GPS for the otlander works in Europe/Spain? I just bought one yesterday currlently in the US, but will be moving and shipping the vehicle to Spain soon. I tried scrolling over on the map but it runs out of map area when trying to see other countries except Canada etc.... Will I need a specific update for Europe? Any help is appreciated.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    You will need maps for Europe if you plan to bring your vehicle there. As to map availability, you need to check with a Spanish/Europe dealer about it, but there's a good chance you'll find one since Outlander in Europe have the MMCS as an option too.
  • batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    How does the Outlander GPS really work? GPS needs maps and maps are updates from time to time. Quite sure after, let’s say 3 years, the maps (USA & Canada) used in a 2007 Outlander XLS will be obsolete. So what should we do? Buy a new Outlander? Order a new 30GB HHD? Or what?

For example the GPS in the Mazda CX-9 works by loading DVD with maps on it. When this DVD is in it you are able to use the GPS, now when you want to listening music in DVD you just take away the previous DVD (maps) and insert the music DVD. You will be able to use the GPS + listen music. Are these DVD (maps) bought from any retailer (e.g. Garmin) or it has to be a Mazda DVD (maps)?

Somebody should know how the GPS in the Outlander works and this message is directed to them. Any help?
  • I'm looking at buying an 08 Outlander XLS with the Navigation system. I'm wondering how most people load music to the unit, since I'm pretty ignorant about digital music. I have quite a few songs through I*tunes - can those be moved over somehow? Can you load from CD's? What's the best way?

Thanks.
  • You can only load from CD.
  • I just purchased a 2007 Outlander with the Nav System. Could someone please instruct me on how to turn down the Big Voice giving directions plus she sounds mean how can I change the language. I appreciate any and all guidance.
  • Does this make any sense? I just bought a 2008 Outlander XLS that is fully loaded including the Video Entertainment System. I've had the car for a week and so far love it, however I am unable to get any audio from the video entertainment system to play through the car's speakers. I took it into my local Mitsubishi dealership and after scratching their head for a bit, told me that in order to get the audio to play through the speakers, I would have to pay $310 as this is an upgrade to the dvd system. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I can only listen to the DVD system using headphones? Has anyone else had a problem playing their dvd system through the car's audio system or has been told by the dealership that this is an optional feature?
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 395
    You might get a better response if you put this request under the right category (not under this thread for heat and AC problems)
  • twinrottstwinrotts Posts: 161
    I do not have the entertainment system but believe you need to put the system into aux for the rear jacks to play through the system. This is how you would get an MP3 to work as well
    Odometer (MMCS):

I expect to be in Chile for a number of years with my Outlander XLS 4WD 2008. In order to gain a Chilean number plate it is required that the Mileage counter counts in Kilometres instead of Miles. Because the actual vehicle mileage is controlled by the CPU ( I think) of the car electronically and displayed as a LED light in the control panel I wonder if there is a way to make this conversion as happens presently by changing Celsius to Fahrenheit, English to Spanish or French, fuel consume in miles or kilometres per hour, etc.

Could some members provide a comment on this or suggest something that may lead to a solution.
  • kopkop Posts: 1
    How do i go about installing a back up camera ?? I would love to get some direction on this point.
    I know they sell aftermarket ones. I was looking at one at Sam's club the other day. If you mean tying into the factory nav, can't help you there.
  • I have a 2007 Outlander with the rear DVD but not the Navigation system. I cannot figure out any way to have the kids be able to LISTEN to a DVD they are watching. I bought speakers and connected them to the adio outputs and tried every setting but nothing produced any sound. Can I buy wireless headphones? Will THEY work? Has anyone found away to listen to this thing?
  • markusimarkusi Posts: 1
    I bought Alpine IR wireless headphones for $50/each at BestBuy.ca and they work great on the system. Don't buy the ones from your dealer they are over $100/piece and don't fit as comfortably. The nice thing is that the kids can sit in the back and watch a DVD and I can still listen to my music in the front! Make sure when you are buying wireless headphones that they are Infra-red or they will not work.
  • Thanks, I am going to try this as we still have never used this system.
    Maybe someone with an Outlander can answer my question. I started my '07 Outlander LS last night, and the Daytime running lamps didn't come on. The dash lights worked, and the lights worked with the switch. I checked them today, same thing. Then, when I started the car later, the lights came on. After restartin and checking the lights a few times, it seems that if the parking brake is on, the DRL's don't come on. With the brake off, they work. Is this a coincidence and something wrong with my lights, or are the DRL's supposed to be off until the parking brake is released and car in gear?
    The manual says the same that you said. There is nothing wrong with your DRL. The 2010 Outlander has the same signature.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,251
    DRL = Daytime Running Lights. If the parking brake is on you won't be moving i.e. "running" so there's no reason for them to come on. Seems like normal behavior to me. If you want I can try it on my '10 GT tomorrow to confirm but I'm guessing it is by design.

This is similar to having the fog lights go off when you turn on your hi-beams. The fogs are ineffective when the hi-beams are on so the system is smart enough to turn off the fog lights if you turn on the hi-beams.
  • soldier37soldier37 Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Outlander with the in dash DVD in the MMCS. I can hear the DVD sound while I drive but the video does not play for safety reasons. Does anyone know how to bypass so that the video plays while I drive?