Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Acadia Seats

tomasinitomasini Member Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in GMC
We have a 2007 Acadia with Ebony leather bench for the second row. We are looking for someone that has Ebony Captain chairs that would like to exchange out[Email removed]

Comments

• army2800army2800 Member Posts: 7
    It won't work. I went to a dealership to inquire as to changing my bench seats to captain's chairs and they told me it would cost a few thousand dollars to change them and I would have to go to an outside body shop. The dealer won't do the work because it involves drilling into the vehicle body and the dealership does not want to be liable for any safety issues or accidents. So you are doing this at your own risk. :sick:
  • mynewacadiamynewacadia Member Posts: 1
    Hi there - just got my beautiful, shiny, silver, 2008 Acadia today. I want my husband to take out at least one of my 2nd row captain's chairs. Has anyone tried this? Any words of wisdom?

:confuse:
  • acadia08lemonacadia08lemon Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I wish I'd found this forum before all of my visits to my dealership service department! My car is currently in service to rectify the headlamp recall issue, as well as a few other problems. However, during the 5 days they have had it they couldn't replicate the seat warmer defect! So they aren't able to do anything to diagnose or prevent this from happening again. We've surpassed the 100 degree mark several days in a row for several weeks and when my seat warmer won't shut off it's NOT enjoyable to say the least. However, it is better than when the air conditioner used to pump out HOT air. I've spoken to several GMC customer service reps over the last year and when they ask me what they can do to satisfy my concerns, I just laugh and say they could buy my car back!

Twice I've had the leaking issue. The first time my son was actually in the backseat on the way to school and said " Mom there's water coming out of the seat belt holder and dripping from the DVD and the lights too!" He was terrified as was I. However, the service manager assured me there wasn't any chance of an electrical fire or short circuiting issue when this happened. Sadly, 3 weeks later I had to return to the dealership because it happened again... even after they fixed it.

In a matter of one year I had to rent cars so many times that Enterprise still recognizes my name and face! Thank heavens I purchased the extended warranty! Today it's only going to cost me $576 or so for replacement parts and labor.

So before I head to the dealership has anyone else had the same seat warmer issue and was able to resolve it? If so please let me know!

Thanks so much!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    We're sorry that this passenger seat warmer matter has been so elusive! Do you have a current case open with Customer Assistance at this time?
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • darbbydarbby Member Posts: 1
    I had a huge can of coins in the back seat and they spilled filling up the seat tracks. I tried a shopvac and other means. Any way to remove the seat completely?
  • blhillblhill Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had any issues with the plastic casing cracking at the bottom of the front seats? In my 2012 Acadia, both front seats have cracked casings that go along the bottom part of the seats. The plastic casing holds the electronics for the seat adjustments. The cracks are where the casing snaps together (right front corner on passenger side, left front corner on driver side). I had the drivers side fixed already but now the passenger side has cracked. I'm not a skinny-Minny by any means but I've never had this issue in any other vehicles we've owned. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow but my warranty has expired so it'll be interesting to see if it's covered. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
  • kkamkkam Member Posts: 1

blhill I have had issues about this same thing. The drivers seat is really bad, and the passenger seat has just cracked a little bit. What did it take to get the drivers side fixed? I'm wondering about the cost involved. I don't understand how the seats cracked so badly. I've never had this happen before either.

• larryd4larryd4 Member Posts: 1
    2012 Acadia driver seat squeaks louder all the time very annoying. Looked under seat seems to be coming from track but how to fix?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    blhill said:

Has anyone had any issues with the plastic casing cracking at the bottom of the front seats? In my 2012 Acadia, both front seats have cracked casings that go along the bottom part of the seats. The plastic casing holds the electronics for the seat adjustments. The cracks are where the casing snaps together (right front corner on passenger side, left front corner on driver side). I had the drivers side fixed already but now the passenger side has cracked. I'm not a skinny-Minny by any means but I've never had this issue in any other vehicles we've owned. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow but my warranty has expired so it'll be interesting to see if it's covered. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

We are sorry to hear of your concerns with the plastic casing cracking on your seats. Was your dealership able to get this resolved for you? Please send us a private message if we can offer any assistance!

Andraya
    GM Customer Care
    larryd4 said:

2012 Acadia driver seat squeaks louder all the time very annoying. Looked under seat seems to be coming from track but how to fix?

I can certainly understand how annoying this must be for you. Have you been to the dealership? Please send me a private message here on the site with your VIN, full contact info, mileage and dealership name and we'd be glad to connect with your dealership on your behalf.

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

larryd4 said:

Hey there,

My apologies that you are also experiencing concerns with your seat squeaking. Have you attempted to reach out to your dealership about this? I'd be glad to look further into this and reach out to your dealership. Please send me a private message with your VIN and contact information.

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• sprovsprov Member Posts: 3
    The plastic seat casing in my GMC Acadia has cracked, with no excessive wear and tear or anything that should cause a seat to just crack. I have been in contact with GMC corporate since 8/6/15 regarding my issue and concern that their is an inherent defect in the plastic/faulty manufacturing of the seat that is causing the seat to crack. My neighbor has a 2014 Denali Acadia and his seat has cracked within the first year and half (under warranty of course). My car is out of warranty, but this should not occur in a car that is a few years old. The car was purchased new. Our local dealership has said that they see this problem frequently and that it is a problem. GMC corporate has been very slow to resolve this. The representative I have dealt with says they are going to replace the seat, but continues to give me the run around. I have asked for a supervisor, and it always seems a supervisor is unavailable or nonexistent. I am extremely frustrated and feel that GMC should stand behind their products and take responsibility for a faulty design that is causing the seats to crack. If a brand new seat is cracking, than clearly there is a design flaw in the manufacturing of the seat, or an issue with the plastic they are using. There is a reason the dash boards cracked, resulting in a recall and I feel if this was looked at more closely GMC would have a similar issue with their seats cracking. I am extremely frustrated 2 months later, and the lack of customer service. The representative I am dealing with is constantly not returning phone calls and I have had it!
  • bobeichbobeich Member Posts: 1
    I have both of the primary problems described in this sting. 2014 Acadia SLT with squeaky driver's seat and broken trim on seat and out of warranty of course. Have not been to the dealership with this one, because when I reported the same problem with my 2008 Acadia, just out of warranty, they offered to repair both out of my pocket.
    Has anyone found the solutions for these issues or gotten any help from GMC or their dealership?
  • matt4mmmmatt4mmm Member Posts: 1
    The drivers' plastic seat casing in my 2014 GMC Acadia has cracked, with no excessive wear and tear and 38,000 miles.
    The car was purchased new in 2014. Electronic seat controls have fallen out of the seat. After taking it to the dealer I was advised that they have never seen this before and it was not a defect. After reading reports online it appears as if this is a common defect. It is too bad that GMC will not stand behind their product. I had to Duct Tape the controls to the seat. I was able to talk a friend out of buying a new 2017 Acadia by showing her the workmanship. She bought a Ford product. Very frustrated!!