Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Heating Ventilation and A/C

2»

Comments

• jeng025jeng025 Posts: 1
    My husband and I have noticed that at times when our 03 Outlander is in park the A/C begins blowing air (not cool air), then all of a sudden you can drive and the cold air will start blowing again... any thoughts to what problem we are looking at here?
  • piastpiast Posts: 269
    I would start from coolant, if it hasn't been replaced yet. The other simple one to check/replace is thermostat. The reason computer shoots off AC compressor is too high engine temperature, so additional sources of heat are switched off. As soon as you start driving, cold air from outside help with cooling, and AC can run again.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,253
    I've something similar on my '99 Galant. Both AC and heat seem to not really be working right when the vehicle is stopped. I notice it more at long stoplights while in Drive v. in Park but then I rarely sit for long periods in Park. What seems to work for me is to not run the fan on the highest setting. On lower settings the problem doesn't seem to come up.
  • boddoeboddoe Posts: 1
    I can't beleive this problem has been going on for so long and Mitsubshi will not do anything about this. I have an 07, and the heater is a BIG problem for me. I live in northern Maine, -30 F has been the temp for over 2 weeks now. I get no heat or very little when running idol. while driving, again very little heat comes out of the defrost, which makes my windshield freeze. How have you resolved your problem?

:mad:
  • Did you ever find a fix.? My daughter is beside herself (and cold) At corporate they told her it was a 'characteristic of the car' and they couldn't do anything
    Thanks
    Car618@hotmail.com
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 905
    We've had some below zero weather here lately and I was driving the '07 Outlander. (my wife usually drives it.) I commented that it took forever to warm up and she said it's always been that way.

Even the engine seems to take longer to warm up than it does on my '05 Lincoln and when it's warmed up it still doesn't give great heat.

I'd call it adequate at best.
  • My daughter is distraught with this problem- and also, when the car idles heat stops working. The top honcho at the dispute center at Mitsubishi told her it was a 'characterisic of the car' and not repairable-- can you believe it????
  • I have the same problem with my 07 Outlander which my husband just bought me in June 2008. I live in northern Maine also, took it to the dealer few weeks ago and they made a call to the Mitsubishi hotline. Came back to me saying it was a normal characteristic for the vehicle and to keep switching it from recirculate to defrost which is a pain in the butt and doesn't always work. The thermostat reads correctly, so that isn't the problem. I contacted another Mitsubishi dealer, faxed them my report I got from the 1st dealer and they told me sounds about right and nothing they can do for me either. I am still driving this vehicle but is very frustrating especially when you have a little child in the back seat wrapped in a blanket. I hope someday, someone has a fix for this. My husband stated that if he would have known, he wouldn't have bougth the vehicle.
  • bobw1bobw1 Posts: 19
    In my 08 ES when I have the blower on the slower speeds I get a rattling type noise from the blower. Anyone else have this or know what it is? Thanks...
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 905
    Should be quiet, have the dealer look at it.
  • trichic11trichic11 Posts: 1
    Replaced the power steering pump due to the noise that we thought it was making. New pump, same noise. Now, with the stethescope trick someone says it's the AC. Any ideas what it could be? Some people have said water pump. Some have said the AC clutch or the compressor. Car works fine, gas mileage is the same as it has been. AC does work though if it's on the whine is typically a little louder than when it's off. Totally confused and not wanting to waste anymore money (since I evidently didn't need the power steering pump!).
2»
This discussion has been closed.