Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Warning Lights and Gauges

1235»

Comments

• tammyd3tammyd3 Posts: 1
    my battery light was coming on but there was no problem detected until one morning when the radio went out and I turned the jeep off and had to get a jump to restart it (2 times) it wouldn't take the charge I drove home with both feet... when I got there it purrrred like a kitten and 2 hrs latter my husband started it up put the gauges on the battery and there was nothing wrong, nothing wrong with the alternator either or the starter. the next day the battery light didn't come on. well I drove it to work today got 1/2 way there had to turn around because it was happening again, but this time when my husband got home it didn't start ..HELP do we need a battery or a new starter or an alternator? :cry:
  • I am having the same issues with my 2002. If you figured out the problem and can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
  • nelson33nelson33 Posts: 100
    Had a somewhat similar problem with my wife's liberty. Battery like came on, car stalled. Next morning, the car wouldn't start. Jumped battery, car came on but once I disconnected the jump, it wouldn't turn on again. After an hour of frustration, carefully inspected the battery terminal and realized that the engine battery cables were not making good contact with the battery. After cleaning, adding vasoline and retightening, the car worked fine.
1235»