Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bigdogbigdog Posts: 4
    Very happy with price / not financingJust bought in late December a New 2008 Rogue SL FWD w/ Premium Pkg, Moon Roof, Splashguards, Cargo & Floor matts. Out the door $22,300. Just watch out for the dealership quoting interest rates that are higher than Nissan offers to them. We were told we didn't qualify for special financing and the dealership told us we only qualified for 6.34%. Found out that that wasn't true. Buyer was a first timer with 718 scores but not credit in their own name and co-signer was adult with 730 scores. We are pursuing this with Dept. of Finance and Dept. of Corporations.
  • bigdogbigdog Posts: 4
    If your not picky about the color, I got quotes on the same car for $21,500 + TL all over Nortern California. Shouldn't be a problem getting what you want.
  • rueng5rueng5 Posts: 1
    @elbo333,

Is that 25K OTD? If that is the case, I think that is a great deal imo.
  • cny09cny09 Posts: 1
    I am interested in the Nissan Rogue 09 SL AWD with premium package. Can you tell me who you worked with at Ramsey Nissan? If you did not buy the car yet, maybe we can go together and see if we can get a better deal. Send me an email, it is my screen name @ yahoo.
  • No, unfortunately, the OTD price will be $26,844 with taxes, plates, no delivery charge. But, I will be getting 2.9 percent financing for 60 months, provided that I can prove stellar credit.

BTW, I was offered a similar deal at Lynne's West Nissan in Stanhope, NJ.
  • I did agree to buy the car. I worked with the manager, who I trust because I leased an '08 from this dealership 18 months ago.
  • rivvyrivvy Posts: 2
    I live in nh and we have no sales tax i'm trying to figure how much people are actually paying for their cars..am looking at an s model and think i can get him down from 20,000 paying cash. is there anyone else from nh that can give me an idea if this is good? thanks
  • I got offered a 2009 Rogue SL AWD with premium package (no moonroof, no leather) for 23747 + TTL. It comes to about 25,500 OTD. I am not sure that this is a very good deal. Any input?

I'm in the DC/Baltimore area.
  • pmmanpmman Posts: 5
    My internet quote on a 09 SL AWD with premium package, leather, moonroof, splash guards and floor mats was $25,450. This did not include TTL or doc fee & destination fee.

Is it just me or is this not that great of a deal?? Anyone else out there that can give me a comparison of what they paid for a pretty much fully loaded rogue??
  • Any opinions on this lease deal?

2009 Rogue SL/FWD
    36 month lease
    15,000 miles/year
    $22,421 Cap cost
    Zero down payment
    Does not include TTL
    .00211 money factor
    $13,508 residual
    Monthly payment $363 includes tax

I am thinking about taking the deal if he drops the cap cost to $21,000. Any opinions?

Thanks!
  • I went to a dealership and was told I couldn't do better than invoice price of 25,500 for 2009 rogue with premium package and leather. They told me they could not help me unless I change my mind and take the offer. I know this is a tactic to negotiate but what do you think I can get under invoice? I know that the entire car sector is hurting and i know they need the business.
  • nxphamnxpham Posts: 13
    Don't fall for it. I was at the dealership yesterday and walked away from the dealer's quote of $23850 for 2wd rogue with leather & premium. I'm still shopping around for something lower. This is in the Memphis area.
  • Wait until the end of the month to shop. We tried to get the dealership as low as possible and walked out of two dealerships. We never got a call back from either dealer so we figured we were at the lowest price they were going to offer. We needed the vehicle so we had to buy, but if I had to do it again I would wait until the last day and hour of the month.

We leased a Rogue SL with a premium package with no leather or moon roof for $323/month and $1400 down. The Bluetooth is great!

We love this car!

Good luck!
  • Could you give me more info? What options did yours have? What was the MSRP and invoice. The MSRP for mine was ~27,600 and invoice was ~25,500. I am looking for the best deal possible of course. Thank you for your response.
    2009 Rogue SL 2WD
    Phantom White
    Premium package
    Leather (gray)
    Splash guards
    Floor mats
    Aluminum kick plates
    Pin stripes
    Wheel locks
    Dealer protection package (paint & upholstery)
    1 or 2 other minor things

Price: $23850 (after $500 recent college grad discount)
    Don't remember actual MSRP....I think around $27K

College grad: within past 2 years or within next 6 months (wife got a Masters degree Dec 2007)

Salesman did tell me that their cost is $23600 (take that with a grain of salt) so they would be making $750 on the deal (they get the $500 college grad discount from Nissan)
  • Thank you for your reply. I have called 5 dealerships in Texas and have not gotten anything better than 25500. Of course, some have lied even about the invoice price. Do you have any suggestions. Thank you again for your reply.
    I've found that dealerships are more willing to do business (lower prices) if you go to their dealership. This shows them that you are serious about buying. Of course, this requires you to do your homework ahead of time. Start off by telling them that you are through shopping and immediately ready to buy. Then tell them what price you want, but ensure to give yourself some bargaining room. Avoid paying the document fee by threatening to walk out when you see what the "final" price is with doc fee added. Most dealers will not lose a sell on doc fee. Mine was a bit high at $299 - part of the reason why I walked out. I have 3 Nissan dealerships within 25 miles of my home so I can afford to employ this tactic. You can always wait until next month to see what the incentives will be.
  • we may be looking at the same car minus the color. May I ask how much you finally paid minus ttl? I won't be able to get the college grad incentive unfortunately. I am hoping for the 2.99% financing as I have 750+ credit score and I am needing a car by the end of the month. I had to sell mine before it broke down and I am assuming my friend will let me borrow her car only until the end of the month. I could possibly wait til next month but I am afraid the financing will not be there... thank you so much for your help and quick replies. Have a lovely day!
  • Sorry, I am assuming you paid $23850 (after $500 recent college grad discount), I didn't read your reply carefully and did not realize you took that offer? Did you also have a moonroof as an option?

Also, do you believe that buying a car at the end of the month is the best time? Thanks again. You have been incredibly helpful.
    No, I did not buy the car. I walked away since the price was about $500 off what I really wanted to pay. I'm also not in a bind to purchase as you are so I can afford to wait to see what the incentives will be next month. The dealership has 2 exact same Rogues that I was looking at. They did NOT have moonroof. If yours did, that might be the difference in price.

End of month is definitely the best time to buy. End of year (Dec 31) is definitely even better. Tax in TN is high. Fortunately, they don't charge for military so I would end up only paying a "business tax", title, and registration. OTD would have been $24.5K (I think) with the $299 doc fee. I didn't look at the OTD price carefully since I was more concerned with working out the selling price first. My next move would have been to refuse to pay the doc fee. Anyways, OTD price is different for everyone b/c of different tax rates.

You might want to check if Nissan has any President's Day specials on the Rogue. I received an email from one of the dealerships I'm working with saying that Nissan is offering $2.5K off the Altimas for the holiday (currently $1.5K). Between myself, parents, siblings, and in-laws, I've negotiated prices on 6 cars the past 4 years. It's a headache, but I really enjoy the process. Good luck!