Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Rogue Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dalondalon Posts: 12
    I'm in Illinois but truecar.com price quote around my area is 20,800-20,900 at the cheapest for the base S model. So, you're probably looking at another 1300 for the next model up, the SV, which would bump it up to 22K+ before ttl.

So, I'd suggest using truecar as a measuring tool for you. But, I will say that the main issue with the Rogue is visibility issues. The blind spots are absolutely horrible and if you look at reviews for the Rogue, the consensus is that the visibility is bad, blind spots are horrible, there is a need to purchase the back camera to help with blind spots, and people find that it is hard backing up and they have to be careful. I guess this is due to the exterior design of the Rogue. I know I test-drove the 2011 Rogue at night and I was pretty nervous merging onto the highway b/c of the horrible blind spots.

Rogue is a decent car, decent fuel mileage, but comfort is one important issue with this car. The Hyundai Tucson and Subaru Forester are 2 similarly priced compact SUV's that you might also want to consider. I was pretty much dead set on buying a Rogue but some issues caused me to go test drive a Subaru Forester and it is much more comfortable, no blind spot issues, visibility is excellent. I got that instead.

Not telling you what you should get but this was my experience.
  • I have my heart set on the 2012 Nissan Rogue SV w/ SL packaging. I have a business associate VPP discount and I'm not really sure how the discount works. This is what the Nissan VPP site lists:

MSRP $25,220
    Dealer Invoice $23,206

VPP Discount $150
    Customer Cash Rebate $750
    VPP Price $22,306
    Total Saving Below MSRP $2,914

Can anyone break it down for me how this works? Am I able to haggle the price of the Rogue before I show them the discount? Thanks.
  • dalondalon Posts: 12
    Yea, haggle them on the recalls that the Rogue has had for power steering issues on the '08/'09 models and again on the 2011 model, which was recalled just 1 month ago. I did that and was able to get the price down an extra $350 just on that alone. I didn't get the Rogue but I think you can use it to your advantage b/c these salesmen need your business, especially during the winter months. Some dealerships are real cocky SOB's(dealt with one in my area like that) and others are more flexible(another Nissan dealership was more flexible).

Also, go on truecar.com, put in a quote, and you'll get 2-3 dealerships within your area that will match that low quote price, then bargain from there.

Nissan does have a lot of savings opportunities. Unfortunately, the Rogue is not the safest vehicle from a visibility standpoint. The exterior look is very nice and sleak and it is better than my Subaru Forester but sometimes your comfort level in the car outweights the look of the car.
  • Not all the latest Nissan incentives/offers are necessarily listed under Edmunds, True car, etc. For e.g. Nissan had a $500 weekend bonus (Martin King Luther) and $1000 savings currently on Rogue AWD S special addition. However, can’t see these incentives factored in Edmunds/True car or similar websites? Any advise...

Anybody with an actual buying experience (in MA)?
  • I found these posts helpful, so here was my experience. I bought a new 2012 basic S model Rogue with no additional options whatsoever. I got a totaL selling price of $20709.89, $2065 below msrp and it was right about the invoice price... I have no idea if i got a good deal or not and don't care to question it after the fact! I got 0% financing for 60 months and with $5000 down I pay $300 a month. I declined the additional warranty for 72 months or 75,000 which was an additional $1547. It's a risk I am willing to take to keep my payment as low as possible. Hope this helps
  • I do not trust dealerships and with good reason. Team Nissan of Marietta is no exception. They are out to make the maximum profit on each sale. My overall car buying experience was decent. My salesman was extremely thorough and my compliant is not with him. After carefully reviewing my purchase agreement the next day I found several egregious overcharges. I issue a word of warning. Be very careful to research and negotiate all the extremely marked up dealer add-ons. Do not pay more that $50 for lug nut locks ($199 sticker price), theft protection program should be free or close to it ($299 sticker price), stay away from any extended warranty. Just buy the car with tax, title, and dealer fees (often pre-printed on purchase order - should range from $100 to $500). Every accessory you want can be bought on line for a fraction of the cost. Beware and do your research! Learn from my experience.
  • julyjulyjulyjuly Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    Just got a 2012 Nissan Rogue SV w/ SL + AWD. There must be other accessories, but the only one I know of is rear bumper protector, since that's the one that I really care. Total about $28.5k OTD including $500 grad rebate & 7% tax. The price of the vehicle itself is 26,900 without rebate. I am satisfied with this price, since none of the other dealers w/in 100 miles can match this price. The best thing about it is 0% interest.
  • 2012 Rogue SV with premium package, fog lights , and floor/trunk mats. MSRP 27195 . Neg. price 22975 Drive out was 24000 .

I had to head for the door before I got that price. I told the sales rep 24k drive out and not a penny more(sales rep told me over the phone that that was doable). Floor manager came over and dropped 25200 on the table and started a to pitch how he was making no $ at that price. I laughed and told my wife lets go across the street and buy the Camry we just looked at . Im telling you the guy literally chased me across the sales floor telling "wait , wait , please.....I work for someone too let me see what he can do" I told him I shouldnt even give you another shot....24k or nothing....final chance. He came back a couple of mins later and said he could do 24k out the door but to please recommend them to others.

Yeah, I got my price in the end but honestly ....I wouldnt send anyone there to buy with the tactics they use. I really should have just kept walking.
  • julyjulyjulyjuly Posts: 6
    Wow is that an AWD? I thought I got a good deal but yours just sounds unbelievable.
  • @julyjuly

No its not and AWD. The key to the deal was that I had a Camry SE deal waiting on me for 24k OTD that had a similar MSRP. They knew that before I came in and the sales rep said they could do 24k OTD on that Rogue over the phone if I came in and bought it right then. I would have been happy with the Camry if they they didnt honor their verbal offer. Oh ...and you can bet they made some $ .....but not much. Most of all they didnt want a Toyota dealership across the street to get the sale.....I would have drove that Camry right across the front of their lot blowing the horn....lol.

I still wouldnt recommend this dealership to anyone.
  • rob2234rob2234 Posts: 1
    Just got 2012 Rogue SV with mats/guards MSRP $27,110 for $24000 with 0.9% for 60 months. Is that a good deal?
  • rob2234, is $24,000 the 'out the door' price or is that before tax, tag, and title?
  • Doing a little Monday morning QB'ing here.

Just picked a Rogue SV/SL AWD with rear bumper protector, floor/cargo mats, and retractable cargo cover. Opted for the 0.9 financing offer since it was quite great. Price after rebate was $26,877. Did the comps and this pretty much matched up w/ Carmax (who can't seem to keep these on the lot, btw). Total OTD (T,T,L) was $29,499. Also comes with basic car washes for life and 3yrs of oil changes.

Sound like a good deal? Have a friend who may trade for one as well so I'm doing some advance recon. All feeback is greatly appreciated.
  • vdam10vdam10 Posts: 3
    I went to Nissan in Dallas, TX and got this offer today, 2012 Rogue S FWD with floor mats option for $20,810. I wanted to finance and do the 0 interest for 36 months. They said they can't offer 0 interest with that price, that it's either 36 months interest free or $1000 cash back. I walked out and said I'll check other prices. Is that true about the either/or? It seems at least one poster in here got 0 interest for 60 months around the price that was quoted. It's my first time negotiating for a car so any help is good. thanks.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    Just to let you know a all new Rogue is due out very soon (with in this year) so there are three things you can do. 1. on Nissan's Web site you can apply for credit and see what kind f interest rate they offer you, the 0% was through Nissan Credit, 2. go back to the dealer and say, I want 0% for 36 months for X price, if I don't get it, you leave. 3. wait for the 2013s to come out and get a excellent price on 2012...
  • vdam10vdam10 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the reply. Do you think $20,810 with 0 interest is too much to ask for? thanks.
  • I just purchased a 2012 nissan rogue, after driving it for the first couple of days,i felt vibrations from the steering wheel. I took it back to garden city nissan several times, each time i got a different explanation as to what this vibration was. Finally on my last visit, i was told this is normal with the cvt transmission. I am totally dissatisfied with the driving experience of this car.Automobiles should run smoothly, This car is a terrible disappointment and I would highly suggest any one considering buying this car to find something else.
  • Please adjust your air pressure. My friend had this issue and was completely resolved when he mate the tire pressure of all 4 tires.

Anyway, I want to check with all of you whether I am getting the best deal.

I am getting Rogue SV with few accessories... MSRP 25620 for 20800 before TTL. Is that a good price?
  • godeacsgodeacs Posts: 481
    Here in Texas you can get the Rogue SV (MSRP- $25720), w/floor mats, rear bumper protector, splash guards for $20219 with NO haggling. So... you may be able to do a bit better.
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,590
    that is because a all new Rogue us due out in the next couple of months. I'm sure all dealers are willing to deal on them...