Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFL Football

rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
My Lions got smoked by the Eagles yesterday. :cry:

I was glad the Cowboys, kicked the snot out of the Bears though.

T.O. proved to the world why he is the greatest WR, playing today ;)

-Rocky

Comments

• okko1okko1 Posts: 327
    acorrding to the CHIEFS being lucky is better than being good.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,348
    Doubling your Lions embarrassment is being beaten by a team in such God awful uniforms.

Those throwback Eagles uniforms should have been thrown away!

Meanwhile, what a second half by the Giants! If they could play that way all the time they'd be fine. I'm not really expecting much this year.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    I'm not really expecting much this year.

Yeah I wouldn't either as the Cowboys, have y'alls division locked up. :P

-Rocky
    :shades:

-Rocky
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Just read a very interesting article in USA Today. It deals with a 9 year old boy. Seems that he wants to "divorce" his parents because they "beat" him all the time. The judge in a lower court removed him from his parents house a little over a year ago because his parents beat him constantly. The boy was then placed with an aunt. However, his aunt beat him on a weekly basis also.

Now, the 9 year old is before the Supreme Court. The judges have recommended that he be placed in foster care, but the boy is fighting that. He says he want to be placed with someone that he KNOWS will never beat him. The judges told him that they would monitor him on a monthly basis to make sure he is not beaten while in foster care. The boy has come up with an alternative plan. He has asked the judges to NOT put him in foster care; rather, he would like to live with the St. Louis Rams, because they NEVER beat anyone. The judges are taking his idea into consideration.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Kirstie,

That was a very funny but SICK joke !!!! :P

-Rocky
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Ah yes, what comes with not winning a game? The jokes

Heard over the PA system after half time at a Rams games

"WILL THE PARENTS OF THE PUNT, PASS, AND KICK COMPETITORS PLEASE GET YOUR CHILDREN OFF THE FIELD. THEY ARE BEATING THE RAMS 17-3.

Or
    The Seven Dwarfs were marching through the forest one day they fell in a deep, dark ravine. Snow White, who was following along, peered over the edge of the steep chasm and called out to the fallen dwarfs. From the depths of the dark hole a voice returned, "The Rams are Super Bowl contenders."
    Snow White thought to herself, "Thank God... at least Dopey's survived!"

Then there is always

Why are the Rams like a possum?
    Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

And my personal favorite

One day in an elementary school in St louis, a teacher asks her class if the Rams are their favorite football team. The whole class says yes, except for Little Jimmy.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite football team Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy says, "The Seattle Seahawks"

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, my dad is a Seahawk fan, my mom is a Seahawk fan, I guess that makes me a Seahawk fan."

The teacher angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Rams fan."
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,560
    The Rams have a new line of cologne. It's a little different though; you wear it and the other guy scores.

The Elway jokes before he finally won a ring always cracked me up. There was one about passing in his driveway that escapes me ....

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

So who's going to win today ?

Cowboy's or Patriot's ?????

I'm taking the Cowboys !!!!! :shades:

-Rocky
  • jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 5,540
    I'm taking the Cowboys !!!!! :shades:

You lost. Pay up. No posting until they win. :P

jmonroe

'09 Genesis V8 and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

Pats, are going 16-0 ;)

-Rocky
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,560
    That's ok - just so long as they don't go 19-0. :shades:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• jmonroejmonroe Pittsburgh areaPosts: 5,540
    Pats, are going 16-0 ;)

Do you go by the handle "greenpea68" when you post over at "Stories from the Sales Frontlines"? :confuse:

jmonroe

'09 Genesis V8 and '12 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

Nope. I'm unfortunately a Lions fan pal. :surprise:

-Rocky
    LOL.....Well I have a feeling they might Steve. ;)

-Rocky
    :shades:

-Rocky
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Preview of NFC championship? Probably the best game of the season and most folks won't be able to see it. That's unforgiveable. :cry:

YEP !!! :sick:

-Rocky
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    It was a very good game. Unfortunately Favre didn't get to play the whole game. Had a misterious bruise on his throwing arm and was taken out of the game. The replay didn't show anything that would have caused an injury. His backup did a heck of a job and kept them in the game. It would have been better to have Brett finish the game. The first two series of plays looked as if the same quarterback was playing for both teams. Tony's Idol growing up was Brett Favre and you can tell by the way he plays. Maybe they'll meet again in the playoffs.
    I heard Romo, deny that claim that Bret Favre, was his hero. ;) I personally think Romo, is a better QB than Favre, ever was. I know I'm probably going to get attacked but his stats prove my point. He had one heck of a arm, but lacks in the brain department a little. I will quit while I'm a head cuz I don't want to offend any cheese heads. Yeah, go head and say it !!!! Yeah, he's better than anything Detroit, has ever had at QB Rocky. Yeah, that is true. ;) See I've been through this a few times before !!! :D

-Rocky
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    A Miami Dolfin victory over the New England Partiots would have to rank up there with the greatest upsets of all time in pro football. Look for it to happen. I've got 5 big ones saying it will. :shades:
    ROTFFLMAO@ jipster !!!!! :D Jipster, are you tipping back some of Grandpa's cough syrup ???? :P

Not going to happen at least this year pal !!!!

-Rocky
    Not going to happen at least this year pal !!!!

The stars are all aligned brother. A supposedly perfect unbeatable team like the Patriots... playing a supposedly hapless horrible winless team in the Dolphins. The Dolphins will be playing not only to avoid becoming the first winless NFL team during a season, but also to protect the 1976(?) Dolphin team as the last NFL team to go undefeated. The Patriots have little to play for.

I'm sure gambling is allowed on this site. So, if you want a piece of the action... it'll cost you 5 big ones. :shades:
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    We talking peanuts?

-Moo
    $5 G's ????? :surprise:

The Patriots do have something to play for and that is being the first undefeated season since those 72' Dolphins. But yeah, if you want to drop $5 G's I might take that as I could use some easy money !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    moo: we talking peanuts?
    rocky:$5 G's ?????

I think that the Dolphins will win that game. That is why I will be taking 6 1/2 points less than what the Vegas oddsmakers will set the spread at. So, while I think they will win, I'm not crazy enough to not take any points. :blush:
    Jipster,

I can respect anyone who has faith in his sports teams but my goodness even as crazy as I am ( and I'm a Lions fan :P ) would not be crazy enough to really think my has a Chinamens chance in hell at beating the greatest NFL football team ever put togeather. Sorry pal, but the Dolphins are going to be eaten like fish fillets because the Patriots, are hungry to be undefeated !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Give me 14 1/2 points. The spread will probably be around 26. The loser accepts a voluntary 1 week self imposed suspension from Edmunds postings. I know it'll probably hurt you more than me though. Deal? :shades:
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    Ok, I've currently got Tom Brady and Tony Romo. I'm thinking about dropping Brady and going with Brett. Who do you think the bigger producer will be come Sunday?

-moo
    I'm thinking about dropping Brady and going with Brett

New England is at home and Green Bay on the road. Opponents records and defensive scoring allowed almost identical. I'd stick with Brady.