Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFL Football

Comments

• madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    What about weather conditions? Supposed to be a pretty big storm with high winds coming through. I'm worried that this will put up tons of interceptions and reduce the amount of passes completed.

:confuse:

-moo
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    Brady, will still have a big game. ;)

-Rocky
    14 1/2 points is asking a lot if the weather is bad like I read below. Might be a some what of a low scoring game of running the ball but I of course still believe the Patriots are going to win. ;)

-Rocky
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    What about weather conditions

Good point. Suppose to be bad weather in Saint Louis as well I believe... worse in New England though. Either way both Brady and Farve are excellent sucky weather quarterbacks. More tempting to pick Farve with the better weather, though 'd still stick with Brady.
    I'm a week ahead of everybody rocky. The Patriots and Dolphins play next week. I can't seen the Patriots losing this week to the Jets, and I can't see the Dolphins beating the Ravens. So, should be undefeated VS winless next week. :shades:

Although I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan, and think they'll be in the Super Bowl... I've got New England winning it all.
    Although I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan

I'm sorry

I've got New England winning it all.

Yeah they should win it all. I dislike Favre, but I do like Romo. I think the NFL, is becoming more and more like big time wrestling with theway they call games. Last week the Refs, couldn't of been anymore biased with the way they officated the Lions and Cowboys game. :sick:

-Rocky
    I think the NFL, is becoming more and more like big time wrestling with theway they call games.

I thought the same thing when the Patriots came back and beat the Ravens. I thought the holding call in the endzone on fourth down should have been a noncall.

Thought the refs did a good job calling the Dallas game though, ;)
    Thought the refs did a good job calling the Dallas game though

Yeah Dallas, didn't hold at our receivers at all during the game. :surprise: Troy Aikman, couldn't believe the way the game was being called so that should tell you something. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I thought the same thing when the Patriots came back and beat the Ravens. I thought the holding call in the endzone on fourth down should have been a noncall.

The replay showed their was indeed a pass interference but I agree it was minor compared to the ones we were getting as no calls. :sick:

-Rocky
    Them stinking Dolphins can't do anything right. Win when they should have lost... messing up next weeks game of the year.

Romo really sucked against the Eagles. I guess he was thinking to much about his cutie pie, Jessica Simpson, watching him from the stands. I'd take him out when he's playing that bad. Did the same thing against the Bills in a game the Cowboys were lucky to pull out.
    Ever notice how in big games (Monday nights, Thursday showcases, etc.) he always goes BIG?! Maybe the Eagles just weren't that big of a game for him.

Speaking of the Eagles, what the hell was Westbrook thinking? He screwed me out of some fantasy points by taking a knee at the 1 yard line. I mean really. Dallas would have had to score 2 TDs in 2 minutes. I think we can gamble. What a jerk for screwing me out of a TD. ;)

-moo
    Speaking of the Eagles, what the hell was Westbrook thinking

I thought the same thing. This is suppose to be a "mans sport" and here Westbrook lays down on the one yard line like a sissy... sheesh. Maybe, he was trying to impress Jessica Simpson too? :sick:
    Time for Brady, to finish off those Dolphins today !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Good thing Dolphins won last week after all... saved me five BIG ones!
    No way those chumps could win two in a row. :P

Cowboys whooped bootie again. They'll have a cakewalk to the Super Bowl... then have their work cut out for them against the Pats. Even the officals love America's team, so anything is possible. :shades:
    Well that depends on T.O. :P

I'm still taking the Pats, over the Cowboys, even though I think Jerry Jones, will buy the officiating crew. :sick:

-Rocky
    Whoever said cheaters never win were wrong. The New England Patriots and Bill Bilecheat proved that. Oh, they probably would have won anyway... maybe. But, hard to say for sure. I think their 16-0 record deserves the dreaded asterisk (*) due to the cheating incident earlier in the year.

A word of advice to the Steelers, Colts, Cowboys... anyone who runs into the Pats in the playoffs or Super Bowl. If you get ahead, don't wuss out and take your foot off the accelerator. Keep scoring points as if your life depended on it, otherwise you're doomed... DOOMED I SAY!!! :surprise:
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,964
    I'm not particualrly a Pats fan, but this incessant whining about the Patriots being cheaters is really hysterical.

Let's have a show of hands of those who think every other team in the NFL doesn't look for a way to figure out what their opponents are about to do during any game?

And you said it yourself, you have to PLAY to win.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Let's have a show of hands ....

I don't think that works on a message board. :P

I think the severe fine and penalties Belecheat and the Patriots received speaks for itself. So, I'm guessing "every other team in the NFL" are doing it the old fashioned way, looking at game action on the field of play, to figure out what their opponents are doing during a game. They sure aren't using cameramen off the field of play to do it.

Don't really think it fair of you to implicate the entire NFL over the actions of one team either. All of these years and this is the first time a team has been caught cheating? That's like saying because a small group of ML baseball players got caught cheating using sterioeds... "every other player" in MLB was using them.

And you said it yourself, you have to PLAY to win.

I never said that.(cheat to win)

The Patriots were caught cheating in their game against the Jets(?). I thought at the time, and still do, that they should have to forfeit that game.

But, I gave the Patsies their props... said they probably would have won without cheating. They are a great football team, no doubt about it. But, hey... if you stick an asterisk on Barry Bonds, you'll have to stick one on the New England Patriots. How is it any different?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,964
    What the Patriots got caught doing was videotaping on the sidelines. So if they hadn't been using the cameras, they weren't "cheating"?

EVERY team is watching the other guy to see if they tip their hand and have been doing so in every sport since competitive sports began.

So go right ahead and throw Barry Bonds into it. If you don't see the difference between the two, then it's unlikely that any explanation from me will clear up things.

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

So if they hadn't been using the cameras, they weren't "cheating"?

Duhhhh. :P That's absolutely correct. According to NFL rules the use of cameras or videotaping equipment on the side lines is strictly forbidden. If the Patsies were smart they would have hired some goober with a photographic memory to wander around the side lines and watch what was going on. Instead it cost their coach a half million bucks and the team a couple draft picks... and probably an asterisk for cheating should they go on to win the Super Bowl.

So go right ahead and throw Barry Bonds into it. If you don't see the difference between the two, then it's unlikely that any explanation from me will clear up things

LOL. You can't think of a rational explanation can you? :blush:
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,607
    The Pats got caught cheating. The commish let them take a flyer. They deserve all the asterisks you can lump on them.

I assume we don't have to suffer through the Dolphins drinking champagne every 11th or 12th game anymore though.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

I assume we don't have to suffer through the Dolphins drinking champagne every 11th or 12th game anymore though.

Yeah, I got tired of reading about that annual drunkfest about 2 decades ago. :sick:

It was classy of Don Shula to say that if the Pats went on to win the Super Bowl he would be the first to congratulate them. Though Shula never tried to pull something in the way of cheating that Belecheat did.
    Belecheat

You misspelled a word there. I'm sure you just made a mistake. :surprise:

-moo
    I gotta say congratulations to the Patriots. Simply the best football team EVER !!!!

I do like Tom Brady, as he did win us a national championship at Michigan :shades:

-Rocky
    Simply the best football team EVER !!!!

Huh? Say what? A bit premature...they haven't even won a playoff game yet. :confuse:

The 1986 Chicago Bears team is the best football team EVER. They dominated throughout the season, playoffs and Superbowl... beating the Patsies. I'd also put the mid to late 80's 49's teams with Joe Montana ahead of the Patriots as well. Every Dallas Cowboy team, since Tom Landry had hair, as well. :shades:
    Brady, would have a field day picking a part the 85/86 Bears. So would Peyton Manning. They were slow !!!! Walter Payton, was running on what one leg and a cane at that point in his career ??? :P Jim McMahon, was probably the worst QB to ever win a Superbowl and the Pats defense would of ate his lunch. That team is way over-hyped. I can't even remember a WR from that team that should tell you something.

The 49ers were a great team but they won a couple of superbowls on lucky catches. Randy Moss, Stallworth, Welker, would of overwhelmed their corners. They did have Montana, who is one of the best and of course Rice, so it would be a good game but the Pats defense I think would be the deciding factor.

Troy Aikman, behind Brady, is the best QB of all-time IMHO. Aikman, is greatly under-rated on the all-time list and the guy was not only super intellegent, tough, and had a strong arm, buthe probably had the most accurate arm of all-time. The guy about 4 or 5 years back was doing a Dallas, game and one of the reporters said something to the fact that if hey Troy, if you were healthy enough could you still play at this age ? Troy grabbed a football and threw a perfect pass into the Dallas Cowboy cannon across the field. The reporter nor the audience could not believe there eyes. ;)

So the Cowboys team of the 90's is the only team I think would challenge the Pats. The only other one that comes to mind is Elway's Superbowl teams. ;)

-Rocky
    Brady, would have a field day picking a part the 85/86 Bears.

Huh? Say what? Ya gots to be kidding? ;) Brady wouldn't have time to pick his nose... much less any time to be picking apart the Bears defense. When opposing teams get to Brady with a good pass rush is when the Patsies lose. The 86 Bears with Buddy Ryan, as D.C, had the best pass rush in the history of the game. Ain't no team come close to singing and performing a hit song like the "Super Bowl Shuffle" like the 86 Bears neither. :P

The 49ers were a great team but they won a couple of superbowls on lucky catches

You mean like how the Patriots were lucky to win that snow bowl against the Raiders(?) on the fumble that was ruled not a fumble. And the luck the Patsies had in winning 3 Super Bowls by 3 points....2 on a last second field goals?

Troy Aikman, behind Brady, is the best QB of all-time IMHO. Aikman, is greatly under-rated

Well, I'd like to argue about that too.... but just can't. ;) Troy's a good color commentator as well.

My only wish is for a competitive Super Bowl, regardless who is in it. There will be growing pressure on the Patsies in the playoffs. They win the Super Bowl and I'd throw them into the small pot that are considered "greatest teams".

But, I'd still throw an asterik on their winning streak and undefeated season. :cry: (had to throw some whining in there for my good buddy pf-flyer.) :P
    Huh? Say what? Ya gots to be kidding? Brady wouldn't have time to pick his nose... much less any time to be picking apart the Bears defense. When opposing teams get to Brady with a good pass rush is when the Patsies lose. The 86 Bears with Buddy Ryan, as D.C, had the best pass rush in the history of the game. Ain't no team come close to singing and performing a hit song like the "Super Bowl Shuffle" like the 86 Bears neither.

You got to be kidding me. Walter Payton, might of made the team via special teams. Ditka, played in the weakest division in football so he had 8 walk in the park games. Jim McMahon, as I said would not of played football today as most of those older players. Roger Staubach, was the most over-rated QB in NFL history. The guy threw Hail Mary's to Bullet Bob Hayes, because anyone that ran a sub 5.1 40 yard time was considered fast back in those days. Look at Offensive Lines back then if you were 260 pounds you were considered huge. I respect the past players and they were good during their times but 2/3rds of them would not of played in todays game thus their is really no comparison. Mercury Morris, was getting stupid defensive today to think his team (72 Dolphins) would not be beat by the Patriots.
    No disrepect but it only goes to show me how out of touch with reality some of you older folks are. It would be like you guys saying Bill Russell, would beat Karl Malone, in basketball. I've heard that before. Mohammed Ali, beating Evander Holyfield, Tyson, Lennox Louis, or the Russian Twins in a boxing match. I just laugh !!!! Sure their is exceptions to the rule and not all the past athletes were bad. However in general such as Babe Ruth, doing what he did then today LOL. He would be Ked by Nolan Ryan or Roger Clemens. Now Ty Cobb, is oneofthose exceptions because he did what he did hitting a ball basically made of stone. ;)

You mean like how the Patriots were lucky to win that snow bowl against the Raiders(?) on the fumble that was ruled not a fumble. And the luck the Patsies had in winning 3 Super Bowls by 3 points....2 on a last second field goals?

Oh you are talking about the make-up call for the blatant pass interference ;) :P
    They couldn't help it they had the best clutch field goal kicker of all-time. :P

Well, I'd like to argue about that too.... but just can't. Troy's a good color commentator as well.

LOL, the guy is great isn't he. ;) :shades:

My only wish is for a competitive Super Bowl, regardless who is in it. There will be growing pressure on the Patsies in the playoffs. They win the Super Bowl and I'd throw them into the small pot that are considered "greatest teams".

Well winning 3 superbowls in 4 years certainly confirms Brady's teams in NFL history. The guy is a god. His coach is a god !!! This years team is obviously the best of em' all and unless their is some fluke loss they should go down as the greatest team ever !!! ;)

But, I'd still throw an asterik on their winning streak and undefeated season. (had to throw some whining in there for my good buddy pf-flyer.)

Why should their be asterisk. OMG, you are not trying to claim the spy video crappola ???? :sick:

That is likesayingtheir should be a asterisk by Barry Bonds homeruns even though the guy has never pissed positive. I could go back and say stuff about the 72' dolphins or the 85 Bears and how juiced those guys were. How do I know Walter Payton or Jim Brown, didn't take Steroids. Teams have spyed on each other for years but the Pats, got caught. The bottom line is they got caught and kept on winning anyways many months ago. :P

-Rocky
    I thought we were talking about the greatest teams of all time, not who could beat who... which is a completely different story. The training, nutrition and steriods today are much more efficient than those "back in the olden days." Which according to you was around 1986, which would make you... what, about fourteen? :P

Now, you give "Da Bears" and the 70's Cowboy teams led by Roger "the doger" Staubach the training, steriods and the sophisticated cheating methods employed by the New England Patsies.... then not only would those teams be competive, they would probably beat the Patsies and all teams rather handily from todays game.

By the way, Staubachs favorite receiver was Drew Pearson and Golden Richards. Bullit Bob Hayes was running with a cane by the time Staubach became a fulltime starter.

If the Patsies go on to win the Super Bowl, I would put them down as one of the greatest teams ever. To have lost only one game (cheating scandal) in an otherwise dominating season is quite impressive.

That is like saying their should be a asterisk by Barry Bonds homeruns even though the guy has never pissed positive

There (not their) ;) should be two astericks by Barry Bonds name. One for lying about taking steriods, in a cream, and saying he didn't know. The other for having some guy inject him with steriods... and generally being a jerk. Bonds excuse will be, "Well, I never took steriods... some goober came up once a week and injected me with something, I thought it was gatorade... never gave him permission".

But, Go Cowboys... win your sixth Super Bowl. Show the world, and the Patsies, that cheaters never prosper. Go Romo. Who is the reincarnation of one of the greatest quaterbacks the NFL has ever seen in Roger Staubach. He's got the scrambling ability, the arm, and late game winning heroics down pat. If he can get a little smarter with the ball, I see many Super Bowl victories in the Cowboys future. :shades:
    I thought we were talking about the greatest teams of all time, not who could beat who... which is a completely different story.

Well so was I but it seemed you were implying that the 85 Bears, could beat anyone which I believe isn't true.

The training, nutrition and steriods today are much more efficient than those "back in the olden days." Which according to you was around 1986, which would make you... what, about fourteen?

Well actually I was more like 7 years old. :P I do remember that team because my father basically forced me to watch football and the superbowl shuffle song was huge. I also did watch some of the games on ESPN Classic and yes they were good but compared to the teams today they would be overwhelmed by how fast the game is today. There is no way any Bear's player would be able to cover Randy Moss. Back in the olden days jipster, teams ran the ball 75% of the time. That just does not work very often today unless you have a killer O-Line and a legend in the making running back but as you can see their isn't tomany ofthem around outside of LT in San Diego.

Now, you give "Da Bears" and the 70's Cowboy teams led by Roger "the doger" Staubach the training, steriods and the sophisticated cheating methods employed by the New England Patsies.... then not only would those teams be competive, they would probably beat the Patsies and all teams rather handily from todays game.

WOW, you are living in "La La" land !!!! :confuse: Didn't Roger Staubach, invent the forward pass ? Come-on, those teams were good for their day but even my modern day Detroit Lions, would go undefeated in that era. Could you imagine those slow, stick figure, shrimps, trying to guard Roy Williams or Calvin Johnson. :P Even Ryan Leaf, would be a star in the 70'sbecause he could throw the ball on a rope for 40 yards. Hell that was a hail mary for Roger Staubach. The point I'm trying to make you understand that theathletes today are just smarter, bigger, stronger, faster, than they were back then. Can you not accept that we advanced ??? It's quite possible 30 years from now my kids will tell me the same thing I'm telling you. ;)

By the way, Staubachs favorite receiver was Drew Pearson and Golden Richards. Bullit Bob Hayes was running with a cane by the time Staubach became a fulltime starter.

Drew Pearson, seems like a nice guy. Use to listen to him on talk radio in Texas. He probably wouldn't start on any team today. Golden Richards, was pretty fast though so he might of made the practice team. ;)

If the Patsies go on to win the Super Bowl, I would put them down as one of the greatest teams ever. To have lost only one game (cheating scandal) in an otherwise dominating season is quite impressive.

Whatever...... :confuse: You are sounding like Mercury Morris. I've lost lots of respect for him and his absurd comments on ESPN. :(

There (not their) should be two astericks by Barry Bonds name. One for lying about taking steriods, in a cream, and saying he didn't know. The other for having some guy inject him with steriods... and generally being a jerk. Bonds excuse will be, "Well, I never took steriods... some goober came up once a week and injected me with something, I thought it was gatorade... never gave him permission".

Bonds, is not a fan favorite because he is a jerk, but that doesn't mean he is automatically guilty. Each fan can assume the guy did take Roids !!!! Canseco, says he did and nobody is able to prove Jose, isn't telling the truth. ;)

But, Go Cowboys... win your sixth Super Bowl. Show the world, and the Patsies, that cheaters never prosper.

Are you a bandwagoner jipster ???? :P The cowgirls are going to get smoked by the Pats, and that's assuming Brett Favre, allows them to get there. :P

Go Romo. Who is the reincarnation of one of the greatest quaterbacks the NFL has ever seen in Roger Staubach. He's got the scrambling ability, the arm, and late game winning heroics down pat.

Romo, the [non-permissible content removed] is indeed a talent but it's like slap in the face to compare him to such mediocracy like Staubach. Romo, didn't get his fame by throwing LUCKY "Hail Mary's" :P

If he can get a little smarter with the ball, I see many Super Bowl victories in the Cowboys future.

If he can hold on to the ball he might get lucky and win one. I guess that depends soley on how much longer T.O. is willing to play !!!! ;)

-Rocky