Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NFL Football

Comments

• jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    A Miami Dolfin victory over the New England Partiots would have to rank up there with the greatest upsets of all time in pro football. Look for it to happen. I've got 5 big ones saying it will. :shades:
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    ROTFFLMAO@ jipster !!!!! :D Jipster, are you tipping back some of Grandpa's cough syrup ???? :P

Not going to happen at least this year pal !!!!

-Rocky
    Not going to happen at least this year pal !!!!

The stars are all aligned brother. A supposedly perfect unbeatable team like the Patriots... playing a supposedly hapless horrible winless team in the Dolphins. The Dolphins will be playing not only to avoid becoming the first winless NFL team during a season, but also to protect the 1976(?) Dolphin team as the last NFL team to go undefeated. The Patriots have little to play for.

I'm sure gambling is allowed on this site. So, if you want a piece of the action... it'll cost you 5 big ones. :shades:
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Posts: 2,039
    We talking peanuts?

-Moo
    $5 G's ????? :surprise:

The Patriots do have something to play for and that is being the first undefeated season since those 72' Dolphins. But yeah, if you want to drop $5 G's I might take that as I could use some easy money !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    moo: we talking peanuts?
    rocky:$5 G's ?????

I think that the Dolphins will win that game. That is why I will be taking 6 1/2 points less than what the Vegas oddsmakers will set the spread at. So, while I think they will win, I'm not crazy enough to not take any points. :blush:
    Jipster,

I can respect anyone who has faith in his sports teams but my goodness even as crazy as I am ( and I'm a Lions fan :P ) would not be crazy enough to really think my has a Chinamens chance in hell at beating the greatest NFL football team ever put togeather. Sorry pal, but the Dolphins are going to be eaten like fish fillets because the Patriots, are hungry to be undefeated !!!! ;)

-Rocky
    Give me 14 1/2 points. The spread will probably be around 26. The loser accepts a voluntary 1 week self imposed suspension from Edmunds postings. I know it'll probably hurt you more than me though. Deal? :shades:
    Ok, I've currently got Tom Brady and Tony Romo. I'm thinking about dropping Brady and going with Brett. Who do you think the bigger producer will be come Sunday?

-moo
    I'm thinking about dropping Brady and going with Brett

New England is at home and Green Bay on the road. Opponents records and defensive scoring allowed almost identical. I'd stick with Brady.
    What about weather conditions? Supposed to be a pretty big storm with high winds coming through. I'm worried that this will put up tons of interceptions and reduce the amount of passes completed.

:confuse:

-moo
    Brady, will still have a big game. ;)

-Rocky
    14 1/2 points is asking a lot if the weather is bad like I read below. Might be a some what of a low scoring game of running the ball but I of course still believe the Patriots are going to win. ;)

-Rocky
    What about weather conditions

Good point. Suppose to be bad weather in Saint Louis as well I believe... worse in New England though. Either way both Brady and Farve are excellent sucky weather quarterbacks. More tempting to pick Farve with the better weather, though 'd still stick with Brady.
    I'm a week ahead of everybody rocky. The Patriots and Dolphins play next week. I can't seen the Patriots losing this week to the Jets, and I can't see the Dolphins beating the Ravens. So, should be undefeated VS winless next week. :shades:

Although I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan, and think they'll be in the Super Bowl... I've got New England winning it all.
    Although I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan

I'm sorry

I've got New England winning it all.

Yeah they should win it all. I dislike Favre, but I do like Romo. I think the NFL, is becoming more and more like big time wrestling with theway they call games. Last week the Refs, couldn't of been anymore biased with the way they officated the Lions and Cowboys game. :sick:

-Rocky
    I think the NFL, is becoming more and more like big time wrestling with theway they call games.

I thought the same thing when the Patriots came back and beat the Ravens. I thought the holding call in the endzone on fourth down should have been a noncall.

Thought the refs did a good job calling the Dallas game though, ;)
    Thought the refs did a good job calling the Dallas game though

Yeah Dallas, didn't hold at our receivers at all during the game. :surprise: Troy Aikman, couldn't believe the way the game was being called so that should tell you something. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I thought the same thing when the Patriots came back and beat the Ravens. I thought the holding call in the endzone on fourth down should have been a noncall.

The replay showed their was indeed a pass interference but I agree it was minor compared to the ones we were getting as no calls. :sick:

-Rocky
    Them stinking Dolphins can't do anything right. Win when they should have lost... messing up next weeks game of the year.

Romo really sucked against the Eagles. I guess he was thinking to much about his cutie pie, Jessica Simpson, watching him from the stands. I'd take him out when he's playing that bad. Did the same thing against the Bills in a game the Cowboys were lucky to pull out.
    Ever notice how in big games (Monday nights, Thursday showcases, etc.) he always goes BIG?! Maybe the Eagles just weren't that big of a game for him.

Speaking of the Eagles, what the hell was Westbrook thinking? He screwed me out of some fantasy points by taking a knee at the 1 yard line. I mean really. Dallas would have had to score 2 TDs in 2 minutes. I think we can gamble. What a jerk for screwing me out of a TD. ;)

-moo