Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Rogue vs Honda CR-V vs Toyota RAV4

Comments

• You mean the chassis of the Sentra ;)
  • Let's find out who is right. The person with the very helpful two paragraphs. Or the one line person . Please someone with superior knowledge come forward . I am going for the AWD ROGUE SL cause I can't find anything better in it's pricepoint. And the biggest plus is it's fun to drive.
  • The Rogue is based on a stretched **SENTRA** platform. The one based on the Altima is going to the new Infinity EX. I don't own one at the moment but I have test driven three of them and compared to the rest the Rogue is the best in its class. Power, comfort, handling, suspension, interior noise at highway speed, etc. I won't hesitate to get one. Now that the test crash is out with high scores is even more appealing.
  • Okay, Okay! I was wrong - I was wrong - it is on the Sentra platform! My point being, it rides like a car unlike the CRV.
  • Yeah but it has the Altima 170 HP engine. :D
  • Rogue safety test scores , where can I find them ? Are the scores as good as CR-V and Rav . ?
  • my son and i researched extensively between rogue, crv, rav4 and cx-7. all came fairly close, but in driving, rogue was the best of all worlds when combining comfort, safety, reliability, price and styling. honda's have an excellent reliability, but pricey; rav4 a little bigger, but my short wife had a rough time seeing out the back with the spare tire; cx-7 had great styling, handling and engine, but used only premium gas and poorest in gas mileage. i had to replace my 2001 grand caravan sport because a deer attacked it and i loved it; power seats, comfortable ride, carried lots of stuff, great infinity stereo, reclining seats, dual climate control. but i didn't need anything as big with kids off to college and needed high mpg, as i commute over 180 miles every day. the rogue was perfect; nice style, very comfortable ride, great bose stereo and bluetooth, good pick up and acceleration for a 4 cyl, and roomy for 4 adults and junk. was able to haggle a good deal - basically got the 2008 SL AWD for the price of a FWD, with moonroof and premium package options, roof rack, bumper guard, mats and splash guards. was a little worried that it was a first year model, but nissan has a very good reliability record, along with the sentra, altima parts and CVT (which it's based on).
    i've had it for one week and already have 750 miles on it and rides great!
  • cdmuilecdmuile Posts: 152
    I bought the Rogue over the CRV. Our 04 CRV was totaled last week. Drove the new CRV and it seemed so big. Don't know why, the stats show about the same dimensions as the old one. It also seemed ponderous. My wife also noticed this also. Driving the Rogue reminded me of my past love affairs with French cars. Nissan vehicles show a lot of "Frenchiness" imo. The Outlander? Impressive, but strangely, no lights for the mirrors in the sun visors. As this will be my wife's ride, this was a big deal. Go figure.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    Maybe you are experiencing some crossover from the Nissan-Renault alliance. Renault has a 44% stake in Nissan, although they retain their own corporate and brand identity.

Enjoy the new Rogue!
  • http://www.safercar.gov this is the national highway and traffic safety site. according to them all three are equally safe. :shades:
    The choice came down to the RAV4 and the Rogue. We eliminated the Outlander, Escape, Vue, Tucson, Kia and CRV. Selling points for the Rogue were: Styling, fit and finish, engine/transmission, intellikey(sp?), HID headlights and overall handling. Minus points for lack of adjustable rear seats, not many cubby holes and no telescoping steering wheel. The Infinity sound system in our Azera is awesome, but the Bose system in the Rogue is double awesome!!!
    Forgot to mention the lack of a rearseat center armrest under minus points. Five days driving it and we're lovin it.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Every time I see a new Nissan Versa I feel like it should be wearing a beret because it looks so French.
  • Hello I am looking into buying my first new vehicle and I have been very interested in a crossover. I am going to test drive the Rogue before I make my final decision on buying a new vehicle. I will most likely buy the Toyota RAV4 v6 4x4. Since I work for Toyota I get it at slightly below dealer cost which is a superb savings for me. Even with the savings I just need to make sure it's the crossover for me. Plus the Nissan Rogue just looks so good. I think I will test drive it tomorrow if I can.
  • i've had my rogue for the last two weeks and already put 2000 miles on it and love it! my son and i did a lot of research between RAV4 vs. CR-V vs.CX-7 and Rogue. i don't regret it. didn't get a chance to test drive the RAV4, but did the CR-V and didn't like the light handling of it and less than stellar acceleration. the CVT takes some getting used to, but am averaging 26+ mpg combined (mostly highway) and haven't had any complaint with accelerating to keep up with traffic. got the SL AWD and love th Bose stereo and Bluetooth. this is my first AWD crossover (replaced a 2001 Grand Caravan Sport with all the bells & whistles) and don't regret it.
  • Ok I just test drove the Rogue and it was an awesome ride. If I wasn't a Toyota employee I would buy it, but I think I will go with the RAV4 v6 4x4 because I can save so much. Otherwise I would get the Rogue SL AWD which is totally awesome.
    Yeah, the CVT definitely takes a learning curve. I've been driving it for a week now and still am the first one away from the stoplight! Gotta teach my right foot about modulation.
  • 38.....you're making a big mistake...........you'll have much more fun driving the Rogue, even though you'll be saving money...

39.....my wife drove our new rogue for the first time today and discovered very quickly how quiet it is when you accelerate beyond highway speeds.....luckily, she slowed down before the state trooper caught her (he was too busy with New Year's Day drunks anyway...)
  • hackdhackd Posts: 65
    I would actually prefer the Rogue over the Rav 4 based on price and looks but to tell some one that buying a Rav 4 is a big mistake is not a credible comment. The Rav 4 has a history of quality and resale value which the Rogue can't offer. I also can't imagine how a Rogue is much more fun to drive then a V6 Rav 4.
This discussion has been closed.