Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee Lights

13»

Comments

• dmortazdmortaz Posts: 26
    We have this happen to us too where I fixed one side and the other side which was working would stop!! It's horrible design of socket themselves and the way they come into contact with the Light's plastic housing!

Whoever designed this light should be SHOT!! It's moronic the way Jeep has designed it and kept the same design despite years of problems.
  • THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Your info just saved me 145.00 that I couldn't afford living on Disability!!! I replaced the bulb in my 2004 Grand and that didn't work. I didn't want pulled over so I thought I should check into this today... I noticed my socket looked like it had shorted out so I called and finally found someone who would sell the socket and not the whole assembly (besides the dealer that didn't think that was my problem) I paid 14.00 and put it in.... Still no brake light... I have blinker and tail but no brake light... I just did a search on the internet and found your answer! Just ran out and tried it and bazzinga it worked!!! So thank you for sharing the fix! Now I am once again a happy girl!
  • Thanks so much for this post! I've been dreading taking my Jeep in for what I thought would be an expensive electrical wiring repair. First my brake light went out, then a week later, the tail light went out too. I searched online hoping there would be someone with the similar problem and solution before I headed to the repair shop and came across your post.
    IT WORKED! THANK YOU!
13»