Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit Interior and Passenger Comfort Concerns

Comments

• mintjulepmintjulep Posts: 28
    I've been having the exact same problem with making the refresh mode work!
    I'll try this to see if it does the trick. I do hope so! :blush:
  • larryfitlarryfit Posts: 4
    I think you have to recline the back seat.
  • lalalandlalaland Posts: 9
    Should we start a lawsuit or something, I am needing to make an apointment to see a chiropractor or someone soon. I think this seat is causing permenant damage to my back and I am starting to get scared about how it will affect my life.

You're joking right? I think you are...

I find the seats to be VERY comfortable!!!! The only complaint I have is no arm rest, that is really taking me a while to get used to. I drove with my elbow on the arm rest for the last 19 years so its really throwing me off!
  • Ok, not a lawsuit, we all did do a test drive. BUT how about asking Honda to make a replacement seat, I would pay for an adjustable seat so I don't hate my new car every time I drive more than 10 minutes. And it has got to be less than the 4000 dollars I would lose by selling.

Think they would? :confuse:

I can't get a body shop to move the seat because of the airbags.
  • stevecebustevecebu Posts: 493
    Ok, not a lawsuit, we all did do a test drive. BUT how about asking Honda to make a replacement seat, I would pay for an adjustable seat so I don't hate my new car every time I drive more than 10 minutes. And it has got to be less than the 4000 dollars I would lose by selling.

You can easily buy a replacement seat for any car like a Recaro seat. I have complaints about the Fit drivers seat and it might keep me from buying one. The airbag is not affected unless you are considerably higher or lower than before or things like that. A more comfy seat which is a replacement seat should be just fine. Do a google search and You'll see quite a few of them available for the Fit. There are tuner Forums that also discuss things like this on a regular basis.
  • danboudanbou Posts: 3
    I have purchase a plate of flat steel 1/4x1x48 and square tubing 1x1x1/4x12.my seat is arround 2 inch more hight and 4 inch more back.I dont modify the original track. just bolt under the original track. On front right side install flat steel arround 4 inch lenght, for left side use you brain for make one with flat steel.for rear use the square tube for lift the rear. You do purchase 6 new bolt for intall it. Now i like my car. :) :) :)
    sorry for my poor inglish, i'm better in french. :shades:
  • mgutaimgutai Posts: 25
    I hear you on the arm rest problem. Thanks to an earlier post in this forum, I was able to find a quality, reasonably priced aftermarket arm rest that I just put in last week. It works GREAT! Makes a world of difference, as I am also used to driving long distances with an arm rest. Check out www.qualityautointeriors.com and look under the Fit Section. Mine was black cloth and cost $128 including tax. Shipped to my door in about 2 weeks.
  • johnnyxjohnnyx Posts: 5
    Hi, Im havig a problem with my a/c freezing up. I cant even drive for an hour withouth it happening. The air stays cold coming out of the vents but the air flow is drasticly reduced and you can hear the blower motor straining. If i turn it off for 15 minutes it thaws out and works fine for 30 minutes before happening again. The service department at the dealer says this is normal and to keep the air on recirculating. what a bunch of b.s.! I feel like their giving me the runaround. I took it in for service and theysay their is nothing wrong with it, that it is a common problem with cars, but this is not normal. Ive never heard of this happening before. Any advice? Ive heard people talking about opening a case with honda? how do you do that? Thanks!
  • Do you buy chance have the directions to the arm rest from www.qualityautointeriors.com I'd like to see how its installed before i would order it if i got a fit.
  • I am having the same problem, although I dont know if its the AC freezing up because I can't get decent flow out of the vents no matter what I do once it happens, not even with heat. The dealer cannot duplicate the problem as it only happens on long trips. So they are telling me that there is nothing that they can do. I do not view this as an acceptable answer and I will actively pursue this issue. I would be curious to know if anyone else is having this problem.
  • crookjcrookj Posts: 1
    In any other car I've driven with the A. C. on, setting the air intake control to recirculate results in cooler air coming out of the vents. In my Mazda, the temperature drops by 10 degrees. In the Fit the temperature does not drop at all. Also, the volume of air out of the vents is cut in half. I end up sweating in my Fit on a 95 degree day.

The dealer says that all Fits are like this and that nothing can be done. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • sfinstersfinster Posts: 17
    I have noticed that other cars I carpool in (Ford Focus, Volvo S40) cool much faster than my Fit. (16 months old, 25,000 mi)
    I recently had our Toyota Sienna in for service and they checked the A/C by putting a thermometer probe in the vent. Our van only cools to about 60, and they recommended recharging the system because they expect something in the mid 40s.
    Today I put my Fit on recirculate, max cold, and put my kitchen thermometer in. It only gets down to 52 degrees. I will be calling the dealer.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    The dealer says that all Fits are like this and that nothing can be done. Has anyone else noticed this?

Go on the dealer's lot and try one.
  • eldainoeldaino Posts: 1,618
    remember guys, you are comparing a tiny ac unit on a tiny car to a moderately sized ac unit on a moderatley sized car. the bigger ac will cool faster, thats no lie...granted, even in 95 degree weather, i think 52 degrees is TOTALLY fine!

MY old vw rabbit wouldn't even go down past 50. How cold do we really need to be?
  • hello;

Just took delivery of fit on 8/30, the a/c output is much weaker compared to my 2000 accord. But since all my cars are parked outside, on a hot day I have to rolldown the windows with a/c on max/recir and after driving a few minutes rollup the windows and I tend to leave it on recir and in the FIT you will get cooled down if you do this.
  • ifitifit Posts: 18
    Check out this article on the best and worst cars for tall and short people. The Honda Accord and Honda Pilot are in the top 10 best for both tall and short people. The Honda Fit did not make the top ten best or worst for either tall or short people.

The Tall and Short of It
  • mgutaimgutai Posts: 25
    Sorry for the late reply.

I think I threw away the directions, only because they were so simple. Basically it comes in 1 piece with 2 screws. The base mounts directly inside the existing cup holder that's in the rear between the front seats, behind the parking brake. The 2 screws (maybe 1.5" in length) fasten it down pretty securely. And they give you a round felt cover to go on top of the new cup holder (to cover the screw heads). Its extremely simple.
  • fitman548fitman548 Posts: 172
    I'm 5'11", I have the drivers seat all the way back on the rails, with the back of the seat in the full upright (and locked) position. I had some sore leg the first few months, mostly the left hamstring, but my body has adjusted. If you can give it a month, try, otherwise look into getting some foam wedges or ergo mats for the seat.
  • unfitunfit Posts: 12
    I am 6'1" and have been pleasantly surprised by the back support in the Fit. The seat fits me well and I get out of the car with my back pain relieved; this is the opposite experience of spending any time in my old car where my hips and back would ache. I hope you find a way to make it comfortable!
  • nthomasnthomas Posts: 40
    I had some problems when I first bought my Fit. My solution was to purchase a cheat seat cover at Target, and put some extra padding under it to boost me into a comfy position. It took a little while to get it right, but now I'm very happy with the way it feels.
  • ibertyiberty Posts: 1
    My 2008 Honda Fit has a coarse dashboard section which reflects in the windshield driving toward the sun. Can anyone recommend a solution to correct this problem?

Thanks,
    Les
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,860
    This is an issue in a lot of vehicles now with all the raked windshields... and a reason why you don't see a lot of light colored interiors as much anymore.

When the sun is shining on the dash, the angle of the windshield is just perfect to give you a goo view. I even get a bit of that with the black interior/dash on my Versa!

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,697
    When the sun is shining on the dash, the angle of the windshield is just perfect to give you a goo view.

Is that goo view before or after the bugs hit the windshield? ;)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,860
    What a pefect typo! Why yes... it IS a GOO view at times :P

Need help navigating? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I have a 2008 Fit Sport, having not experienced the reflection issues you bring up I can only offer suggestions based on what I would do if in your seat. Are you conditioning the dash with an oil based conditioner like ArmourAll? I use a non-glossy type of conditioner to assure no reflection. There are covers for the dash area, these cut the reflection and also help in protecting the dash from baking and being damaged in the bright Sun. I saw a few of the dash covers in Arizona a while back. Here is a link to one supplier I know of, the cost is up to $30 and they offer versions for us Fit owners:

http://www.godashmat.com/dashmats.asp

Let us know if the issue is solved.

Cheers.
  • I have a Honda Fit Sport '08, with the same seat as the one you have concerns about. In my one month of ownership I have had a comfortable seat overall, so I cannot offer any direction based on my use. Other than trying the padding additions suggested by others, there is not much else to try. It can only be the seat, your positioning or your back, or any combination of the three. When you are in the passenger seat do you still feel discomfort?
  • I don't feel any discomfort while driving. I did move the seat up thinking maybe I was stretching my arms too far but over the weekend I got the third stiff back. Maybe I'm just getting old! Hopefully my body will just get used to it. I love to drive and this car is like a go-kart after driving an Odyssey for years.
  • I am considering trading in my current car for a 2008 Honda Fit but after reading some reviews i am concerned that my bike will not fit. I have a 2005 Specialized Hard Rock mountain bike and wanted to know if someone can tell me what the interior dimensions of the Fit are. Specifically, the width between the rear seat doors when in tall mode and the height in the back with the seats folded down. I want to make sure that i would be able to fit my bike along with another bike which is fairly the same size. Thanks.
  • I don't know the sizes. I have a 24 inch mountain bike it wouldn't fit in the back in tall mode. It however fits in the hatch with the seats folded flat with no problems. That is without me adjusting the seat or taking any of the wheels off or doing anything other then throwing it in the back(sideways not vertically). I don't think 2 bikes would fit back there without adjustments.