Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Fit Interior and Passenger Comfort Concerns

1212223242527»

Comments

• retiredjoeretiredjoe Posts: 1
    This is my fifth and last Honda! There is clearly some sort of design problem with the air conditioner in the 2009 Honda Fit Sport that after three hours on the road, when you need it most, the air conditioner quits working. Then you go have a long lunch and the car works just fine. But after an hour or two on the road, then no more air conditioning. From posts on the internet it appears to be a condenser coil that is poorly designed and most anything that touches the thing bends the radiator fins and it freezes and quits working. I can't believe the way the dealer has treated me wanting $137.53 just to "diagnose the problem"! When I set up the appointment the lady on the phone said diagnosis is at no charge! I tried calling Honda USA but got some argumentative young woman who kept interrupting me and was acting like she could verbally intimidate into submission an old man (no just got me really unhappy with HONDA). It seems like Honda Americas corporate hired some former GE employees in the Jack Welch model and is desperately trying to make money short term instead of long term! The Yen to the US $ is now about 102 so that is a good 20% margin on their cars so why the take no prisoner approach to the customers? What I know of Japan from my business years, the management in Japan would be highly embarrassed at this situation and the way Honda USA has handled this design flaw in the FIT. All cars have some problems, the test of my repeat business is how the problems are handled. Honda FAILS. This Honda is my fifth and last Honda.
  • bprendersonbprenderson Posts: 99
    Try using outside air instead of recirculating the inside air. :)

Bubba
  • zhandozhando Posts: 1
    2013 Honda Fit - same problem, happened twice on trips this summer. AC fails after 2 hours or so. Stop for a while, will run again for a few minutes, then warms up. We stopped at a dealer in Evansville IN and they wouldn't look at it. Couldn't get an appt in St Louis. Brought it to our dealer back in Atlanta, and they said there is no problem - all tests are fine. The national Honda says the dealer has to replicate the problem, but they won't take it on the road for 2 hours. So they said there is nothing they can do - or will do. Really a horrible problem and corporate Honda's response is unacceptable, in my opinion.