Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Scion XB Brake Issues

djswift26djswift26 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Scion
I HAVE A 06 SCION XB AND LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO I'V BEEN HEARING A LOUD CLICKING NOISE COMING FROM MY BRAKES I TOOK IT TO THE DEALER 4 TIMES AND ALONG WITH THIS BRAKE PROBLEM I HAVE A STATIC PROBLEM ALWAYS GETTING SCHOCKED WHICH IS A PAIN IN MY REAR WHEN I GET OUT!!!! WELL I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THESE PROBLEMS 1. IS THE BRAKING WHEN I REVERSE THE BRAKE PADS SLIDE BACK AND FORTH SO THEY MAKE A LOUD ANNOYING CLICKING SOUND I TOOOK IT TO THE DEALER AND THEY SAID THAT ALL TOYOTAS HAVE FREE FLOATING BRAKE PADS WHICH THIS NOISE IS NORMAL, MIND THAT MY PADS ARE AT 75% NEW AND THEY SAID THAT I WOULD HAVE TO REPLACE THEM IF I WANT THE NOISE TO BE GONE BUT I TOLD THEM TO GO TO HELL I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM SO PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THEY HAVE THIS PROBLEM TO TO SEE IF THIS IS A DEFECT IN THESE CARS. 2. THE STATIC PROBLEM WAS ALSO TAKEN TO THE ATT. OF THE DELEAR THEY TOLD ME TO CARRY A BOTTLE OF CLING WITH ME I DID AND IT LAST LIKE A WEEK AND THEN SAME PROBLEN HAPPENS OVER AND OVER AGIAN WELL THIS SUCKS I PAID THIS CAR OFF ALREADY AND I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH STATIC AND BRAKE NOISE FOR EVER AND PUT BRAKE PADS ON EVERY 6MONTHS TO STOP THIS NOISE SO I HOPE SOMEONE IS OUT THERE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM SO WE CAN CONTACT CORPRATE OFFICE ......

Comments

• Options
    datumjdatumj Member Posts: 6
    I, too, have an annoying issue. It's when people type all in caps.
  • Options
    greg2gogreg2go Member Posts: 2
    I have 120k miles on my 2005 XB and I have a noise coming from the vehicle rear end. it sounds like I am riding in a big tire 4wheel drive truck. I am trying to pull the hubs to inspect shoes and I can't remove help
  • Options
    loganrayneloganrayne Member Posts: 1
    I have this clicking noise too with my 05 scion xb. I just had the hardware kit and drum brakes replaces and I am still having the noise so I am pissed. I am talking it BACK to the repair shop to have them look at it again. I will keep anyone who is interested updated on this.
  • Options
    lvboxmanlvboxman Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if anyone is still reading this but I had the same problem with my 2006.5 xB. My front brake pad would clunk when ever I reversed and my pads needed to be replaced after only 12,000 miles. The Dealership took care of it. They replaced the pads and resurfaced the rotors all under warranty. I think they put in the wrong pads at the factory but I'm not sure. But at least they took care of it.
  • Options
    ghofelingghofeling Member Posts: 1
    We have a Scion XB 2008 and have had to replace the right rear brake pads. A Scion dealer just told us that an ABS sensor chip has failed. We have only 44,000 miles on this car. Is this indicative of more brake problems on Toyota cars?
  • Options
    boxen06boxen06 Member Posts: 2
    no, it sounds like you are being taken advantage of, because who replaces only the right rear pads? nonsense. Also, brake pads are ONLY even sold as a set to fully service both sides.

There is an ABS speed sensor in the rear wheels of an 08 scion.. although i could not imagine it failing already unless the wiring was damaged, or something. Did you hit anything or have a dumb mech mess with it prior to this? I see human error cause this issue a lot.
  • Options
    big_guybig_guy Member Posts: 372
    This sounds like a bad wheel bearing. I had the same problem in my '05 xB. It's not a very difficult fix and you can even do it yourself if you are mechanically inclined. However, it does take quite a bit of hammering to get the rear brake drum off.
This discussion has been closed.