Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Blazer Engine and Performance Problems

1234568»

Comments

• I have been having issues with my 1994 Chevy Blazer 5.7. I have had it tested by a shop and the codes that came up said my MAP sensor was having issues and it was running lean. I replaced the MAP sensor, EGR valve solenoid and it was no better. I was on the freeway the other day and my gas pedal sucked to the floor and the truck was accelerating. I turned the key off and back on but the engine was revving so high the truck never completely shut off but it did release the gas pedal. Why would this happen?
  • I have a 1994 and it is also doing this. I have replaced several things and the item that gave me the MOST improvment was replacing the PCV valve now It seems to do it much more in colder and not so much when it's warm. Still lost as to what the rest of the problem is
  • rx7420rx7420 Posts: 3
    sometimes it wont start when it does start it idles fine for a bit then when u put it in drive it will be ok then the rpms will surge to 1300 and at idle around 1800 and stay that way till i shut it off i thought maybe the idle control motor was bad so i replaced it and it didnt fix it any ideas
  • rx7420rx7420 Posts: 3
    hey my 95 blazer is kinda havein the same problem did u ever figure it out?
  • rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 24
    edited September 2012
    Blazer Sport 4X4 4.3l TBI 185000 miles. No trouble codes. Code 12 only. Has a long history of stalling at high speed, rough idle and poor gas mileage. Gave up on DIY. After four professional shops and more money than I care to think about, finally found the problem, or so I thought. Last shop found, inside, the throttle body totally encrusted with carbon. One vacuum port had to be drilled out. Cleaned body and installed overhaul kit including the fuel regulator and injectors. Replaced O2 sensor for the third time. Truck ran as new for a few weeks. Fuel consumption same as when new. Was never that great. Now: does not stall at high speed but does stall on rapid deceleration. Intermittent rough idle and poor gas mileage. In desperation, purchased an ALDL to USB interface for the laptop. Running WinALDL. Data scan indicates INT set to 128 as is normal for open loop. BLM counts from 0 to 256 then starts over. Do not know what this count means. O2 does not hunt. Never changes more than .465 to .570 during warm up. Temp. was a little low so changed sensor. Now 287F. No effect. All other sensors are normal. It appears to be stuck in open loop and running very rich. I am in over my head and treading water. Does any of this mean anything to anyone? Defective ECM? Defective wiring? Thanks to anyone and everyone.
  • When I start it some times the brake light stays on,fuel guage does'nt work, air bags warning lights on. I was thinking maybe ignition switch. I have a 2001 I just bought with a bunch of electrical problems. Is this pron to these models? I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you all.
  • I have a 2008 Trail Blazer that we purchased in April of 2009 with 8,000 miles on it. In 2010, at 51,000 the engine blew. GM refused to pay for it because they said it was "lack of maintenance", which is impossible as we have a Dodge with 320,000, a Honda with 275,000 and a Chrysler with 150,000 on them. They finally paid to have a new motor put in. In 2011, the exhaust manifold cracked just as a recall came out. GM replaced it with no problems. In 2012, at 121,000 miles, the exhaust manifold cracked again. GM refused to pay for it but I argued and argued because there was only 30,000 miles between them. They finally agreed to replace it if I signed a waiver stating they were not responsible for any further problems. Of course, I refused to do that. The recall was warranted to 120,000 miles anyway. We are now at 140,000 miles (89,000 on this motor) and it has a "bad head" in cylinder 3. The estimated repair is $4,000.00. GM again refuses to do anything. I'm initiating the attorney general and we are seriously considering a class action suit against GM, as this is such a common problem according to what research I've done. Please give me input on your issues if they are anything like ours. The more names I have for the class action suit, the better! Thank you!!
1234568»