Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Electrical Issues

Comments

• n_m_1n_m_1 Posts: 1
    Folks,

I have a 03 G35 sedan that had the same issue (audio console not responding and the ac blasting at full force at a fixed temperature). After several months of talking to nissan consumer affairs division i finally opened a case with BBB. Response from BBB was that since the car was out of warranty (it had approx 60k miles), they cant do much but would still forward it to Nissan.

A week later, i got a call from Nissan asking me to take it to a dealership saying that it would be repaired completely at no charge to me. I got this done a few months back.

Hope this helps out a lot of you out there with the same issue.
  • bkg35bkg35 Posts: 1
    Hi Raymond I'm having a similar problem but only with the cd and radio no problems with ac yet. I LIve in brooklyn. where is your shop exactly and how can i contact you..thanks
  • I've been having the A/C and radio problem intermittently for a few weeks now. When the controls go out, it also knocks out my Nav system. I have also noticed that my interior lights - on roof near switch for the sunroof - also do not work. Is this related to the same electrical issue?

I have not had problems with my speedometer, but is this a natural progression for the problem?

I have read about a few solutions to this. I am in Toronto Canada. Does anyone know who can fix this is Toronto for a reasonable cost?
  • pzeepzee Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Hi to our nothern neighbor.

I own a 2003 G35 Coupe and here is what i have experienced. The radio unit has the controls for the A/C and Nav. Once that goes, you will need to replace the unit. I have heard costs from 500-1300. I paid approx 700 for the replacement by local Infiniiti dealer in RI. I cant imagine why it should more where you are. Others have posted ways they have gone the aftermarket radio replacement route but that sounds scary and the costs are not much less. Cant comment on interior lights because i dont recall that being a problem when mine went. A/C and heat stuck at 75 degrees farenheit when unit goes.

I have yet to have problem with speedometer so that is likely a different issue. My Coupe currently has 120K Miles or 200K Kilometers if thats your unit of measure.

Wish you the best but the car at this point is getting expensive to maintain even though i love driving it.
  • Thanks,

My car only has 105,000 KM ( 62,000 miles), but I am getting tired of the expense. What else tends to go wrong with the 2003 G35 Coupes? Are there other problems that I can expect?

Do you think the newer Infinti's are any better, or is time to switch brands?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the G35. I see that others have had issues as well, but I will tell you that I put 108,000 miles on mine without spending a day in the shop or doing anything apart from regular maintenance. It never gave me a day of trouble, and I'd still be driving it if it hadn't been hit head-on and totalled (the good news - high-ish speed head-on crash that tore the vehicle to shreds, not one body part damaged on the occupants).

This is not to discount other owners' experiences, but just to say that not all of the 2003's have problems.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cr729cr729 Posts: 5
    My problems started about a year ago when my 6-disc CD changer stopped working. Since I didn't want to spend the money taking it to Infiniti, I got myself an I-pod and have lived with the inconvenience of not having an operable CD player in my car. Then today, I was driving along listening to the radio and all of a sudden the tape ejected. I thought nothing of it so I pushed it back in. Then the audio and a/c controls stopped working. The volume on the tape player suddenly turned up so loud & I could not lower the volume or turn it off. The a/c fan was blasting on auto-econ - meaning it would cycle on the compressor for a minute and then start blowing hot air for 10 minutes. I checked the fuses. Then I called the dealer who told me that the radio and the a/c control circuit board often short each other out meaning that both would likely need to be replaced to the tune of about $1,500. I took your advice and initiated a BBB complaint to Nissan. My G35 has less than 55K miles. Next car, I am going back to a Honda. I loved my '99 Accord coupe and kept it for 6 years. Never had a problem with it.
  • kswettkswett Posts: 1
    Well , well , well ,I've had this issue with my G35 for quite awhile now . It started out I thought as a simple issue until my ac , radio , and all my controls that controlled all these things just went out all together . At first I thought it was just a short in my wiring but over the two years of my ownership it gradually got worse . Every issue that you had I had , with the first starting with the cd changer that stopped ejecting and showing an error display .
    I have been a proud infinite owner but after reading all these complaints and with no one from the manufacturer trying to acknowledge this "defect" I have to question the morals of Infinite or Nissan ! I think we should all ban together and get the Better Business Burea involved , I've got to get this issue resolved because winter is coming and I'll be damned if I want to drive without defrost or heat . I'm calling out Infinite and Nissan to get this issue resolved for us loyal Infinte owners or we wont stay loyal Infinti owners !!!! :sick: INFINITI
  • papachapapacha Posts: 1
    I had the dreaded radio/heater problem that is so common with this car. I was looking for a stereo that had USB input, great sound, good radio reception & affordable. I bought the Alpine CDA-105 & I love it. Crutchfield offers 50% off the metra kit with purchase! With the 2003 model, you will need to purchase a PAC ROEMNIS2 (Factory Premium Sound Interface). This lets you use the stereo amp(s). The reason for this is, because, if you use the rca jacks through the stereo, you just don't get enough power through the stock amp and is sounds week. I purchased the PAC ROEMIS2, and it cranks! In my opinion, this is the best option!
    Alpine Stereo $139,
    Metra kit, $99
    PAC $35
    Under $300 and I rocks and looks great!
  • pablo64pablo64 Posts: 2
    The problem is the radio. It blocks all the controls in the panel. Contact this company on ebay. Fixed it for under $200. User is xw1600.
    Good luck.
  • pablo64pablo64 Posts: 2
    The problem is the radio. It blocks all the controls in the panel. Contact this company on ebay. Fixed it for under $200. User is xw1600.
    Good luck.
  • Raymond,

If you are in Scarborough Ontario, please let me know how to contact you. I am in the Toronto area.
  • Hi Raymond,

I'm in Scarborough and have the same issue with a/c and radio not working.

Where can I contact you as I need to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Fahim
  • I'm having the same issue, brought my 2003 G35 into Kearny Mesa Infiniti, San Diego, CA. Service advisor advised there was a recall on the computer circuit board that alleged replaced by a Infiniti dealership in San Franciso, CA in 2004 even that it did not need it. Now having to deal with the same reocurring problem. I will pull out the fuse to the AC unit before I'll spend $900+ to rectify the issue. I filed a complaint with Infiniti Customer Service, not sure anything will happen, probably not. I've done research and notice a numerour of consumers with the identical issue. I saved a copy of the recall document I've found at home. Infiniti should standby their products and fix the problem. I will continue to post my blog for justice.
  • I'm having the same issue, brought my 2003 G35 into Kearny Mesa Infiniti, San Diego, CA. Service advisor advised there was a recall on the computer circuit board that alleged replaced by a Infiniti dealership in San Franciso, CA in 2004 even that it did not need it. Now having to deal with the same reocurring problem. I will pull out the fuse to the AC unit before I'll spend $900+ to rectify the issue. I filed a complaint with Infiniti Customer Service, not sure anything will happen, probably not. I've done research and notice a numerour of consumers with the identical issue. I saved a copy of the recall document I've found at home. Infiniti should standby their products and fix the problem. I will continue to post my blog for justice. Would you provide me your Nissan POC? Thanks in advance!
  • I love my 03 G35 Coupe except for the fact that

1. CD changer quit working with all of the CDs stuck in the player
    2. Radio quit working
    3. Temperature control quit working
    4. Battery dies if car is not driven every day
    5. Passenger seat control doesn't work all the time.

I would really appreciate your comments on what I can do to get this fixed and would like your thoughts on whether all of these issues are related to one problem.
  • I just came upon this site accidentally but don't know if I have time to answer everyone with this problem. Go online and look up Factory Car Stereo Repair in Florida. We had the same problem and a kind partsman at an Infiniti dealer told us about this company. In Canada we were told that it may cost us up to 2500.00 to have the repair done here. Factory Car Stereo Repair did the repair for about $350.00 plus shipping. They even have the instructions for removing the stereo. I called them before I dealt with them to make sure this was on the level as it seemed too good to be true. Their phone number is 407830-0777. Good luck. I am going to put this info on a post and hope all the people with this problem reads it.
  • We had this problem two years ago. We were told by the Infiniti dealer here (British Columbia) that it may cost up to $2500 to have this repair done. A kind partsman who worked for an Infiniti dealer told us to call Factory Car Stereo Repair in Florida. The phone number is 407-830-0777. We received instructions from them online on how to remove the stereo (includes pictures). We sent the unit to Factory Car Stereo Repair and they repaired it and returned it within one week. It cost about 350.00 plus shipping and we have never had another problem. Good luck to all of you who are having this problem.
  • I replied with a solution to this problem on September 28, 2011. Good luck
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    Please don't post contact info such as phone numbers. We have to remove those posts.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Hi, can i know what is the address for the shop in southern california? Im living in Los angeles. Thx
  • I'm experiencing the same issue with my 2003 G35. Infiniti Customer Service were useless, not willing to own up to defect and stand by their product. Received the usual run around like everyone else. Do you have knowledge of anyone who had their car repaired in San Diego, CA? Thank you in advance!
  • cr729cr729 Posts: 5
    I posted here before. Over a year ago my CD player died with all 6 CD's stuck in the changer. I resorted to playing old tapes and using the radio. I tried to use an I pod with adapter but it sounded tinny. Then about 2 mos ago the A/C went berserk. The fan started blowing on high, the compressor would only come on intermittently. At the same time my tape player ejected the tape & when I reinserted it I could not adjust the volume or turn off the tape or radio. After reading all the comments, I realized the A/C and CD player problems were related. I talked to my Infiniti dealer but I decided that an aftermarket unit was the way to go. I got three estimates and ended up with a great Kenwood CD player that has an Ipod hookup and bluetooth. It has an HD radio and is satellite-ready (my car had XM factory installed). With the stereo, the deck faceplate that matches perfectly, the steering wheel controls and the bluetooth/Ipod/HD radio capablities, I have brought my car up-to-date and resolved the A/C issues as well. It cost me about $750 but it was well worth it. They also retrieved all my stuck CD's. My car has only 54K miles, so I think I will get plenty of use from the new system and it will help the trade-in value as well. By the way, I tried filing a claim with the BBB against Infiniti and they denied my claim because the vehicle was too old, however they said they would make the manufacturer aware of the problem. Judging from this forum, I am sure Nissan/Infiniti is aware of the problem, but they will not do anything about it except charge $1500 or more to install a refurbished factory unit. I think I found the best solution, though I wish it had not cost so much.
  • I received a call this morning from Infiniti Consumer Service that they had reviewed my electrical issue (computer circuit board (recall)) involving the radio and ac. As I expected like majority of the bloggers with the same problem, Infiniti will stand behind their product and not take responsibility to rectify an ongoing issue. I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER NISSAN AND INFINITI IN MY LIFE TIME. I WILL ALSO SPREAD THE WORD TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! HORRIBLE SERVICE
  • My 2006 Infiniti g35's all lights and functions on the front panel that includes speedometer, turn signal, gas gauge etc. .. The whole panel does not work just in a sudden after I had it had the oil change service from the dealer after a week. I bought this G35i back to the Infiniti dealer and they told me that the whole panel need to be replaced... , since I bought this 2006 G35 brand new and my wife is the primary driver, the total driven miles are only 52k, this is a big sock for me because I just intend to trade in this g35 for a brand new 2012 M35. Is this a very common problem for Infiniti ? Please advise. Best regarding.
  • so just like everybody elses G35 problems i got A/C blowing on full, CD changer not working, tape player not working, audio controls dont work (just on the steering wheel) always makes static noise when switching radio stations BUT when i drive for some time for some reason everything starts working again(except CD and Tape player).

So does this sound like a head unit?

And does anyone know anyone in Philadelphia that fixes this HEAD UNIT THING?
    I found a guy that can fix it for $150 if i take it out myself and drive it over(shop located about 1.5 hours away from me)
  • castroocastroo Posts: 14
    its the unit..check the prior posts.. there are several solutions available to you
  • castroocastroo Posts: 14
    problem 1 to 4 are the same problem.. change your radio and get the dash kit.. and if possible bypass the boss amp and remove it or disconect..as for 5 may be a new seat?
  • It seems to be a common problem on G35 - there is a circuit board that gets busted and it affects radio and the whole console. I had mine replaced under warranty. IF you are not lucky it is a few hundreds bucks to do it later.

I did get my CD hanged now with cd's inside. Anybody knows how to get CD out and what is a good CD replacement?