Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Electrical Issues

Comments

• dungster1dungster1 Posts: 3
    Ac is constantly on and can not change temp control. Radio is on but can not change station or anything. Cd changer stuck. Control panel light not on. Can anyone tell me where to get this fix, preferably in Las Vegas and around how much it will cost me? Thanks.
  • dungster1dungster1 Posts: 3
    did changing the head unit really work? Did your ac control work too? I have the same prob and don't know what to do. But if anyone that have this and fixing it by chaning the radio unit, please let me know.
  • canadag35canadag35 Posts: 7
    I saw an old post from you regarding the radi/ac control issues. You were looking for a place in Toronto to get it repaired.

I have the same problem with my G35 and I live in Toronto. Can you tell me where you had it repaired, approximately how much you paid and whether you would recommend the place?

Barry
  • eskimoaneskimoan Posts: 1
    Hi teza11,

Do you happen to have an address for XW Electronic Company? I would like to take my G35 there to get the audio unit fixed. Thank you very much in advance. :)
  • teza11teza11 Posts: 1
    Hi Eskimoan,

I no longer have the address. I suggest that you call the phone number I posted and ask for John.

Good luck!
  • cr729cr729 Posts: 5
    I haven't posted in a while, but I ended up with an after market replacement of my audio system, the steering wheel controls and the A/C/audio control Metra dash kit. I priced it around locally and found a place called Mad Mark's Audio. They also installed it. It's been almost a year and am very happy with my new system, especially because I now have satellite-ready HD radio, bluetooth for my phone as well as a hookup for my Ipod. They also retrieved all 6 of my CD's that were stuck in the original unit without damaging them. The only thing I gave up was the multiple CD changer and the tape player, but who uses tapes anymore? I find I use my Ipod much more than the CD player. I highly recommend an after market solution to give this older model car some of the bells & whistles of a newer car.
  • I just had this radio problem fixed by John Huang at XW Electronic Company. He is in El Monte, California (Southern California, east of Los Angeles) and will fix your radio/multi-CD player on site or you can arrange to mail it and he'll repair it. My cost for removal and repair on site was $190.00, plus he replaced a burned-out light bulb in my clock. My dealer in San Diego quoted over $500.00 and that was a few years ago. It probably will cost 2x's that now. Mr. Huang is excellent and the repair, which took 1 hour was efficient. XW Electronic Co. He's also on Ebay. The forum does not allow posting of phone numbers, but you'll find his full contact info on Ebay. P.S. I understand that a lot of dealers send the radios/CD players to Mr. Huang.
  • Does anyone know if the stereo system is changed will the a/c start working again properly? Im going to instal and aftermarket stereo receiver and get rid of the problem causing Bose. Will the a/c start working again or do i need to have that fixed separately?
  • cr729cr729 Posts: 5
    Yes, it will fix the a/c problem. I had an aftermarket audio system installed and it's better than the original Bose in that it has bluetooth, HD radio and an Ipod connection. The Metra replacement panel for the a/c controls is not quite the same quality as the original but it looks ok and it works just fine. Most websites only carry black or silver but if your interior is that tan color, then try to find one that will match because they do make it, it's just not as readily available as the black or silver. I saw one today on Amazon for $167.95.
  • thanks yeah i have all the components, steering wheel adapter, replacement panel and adapter to bose speakers. big relief to know i dont have to do anything to the a/c. i did notice what you said about the button quality... i was hoping they were the same size buttons and maybe i could just switch them. Ill check when it arrives.
  • ragu1ragu1 Posts: 1
    Hello. I am having a similar problems. All the lights on the control panel are off, the buttons and radio don't work, and the A/C controls itself. The Infiniti dealer quoted me around $700. I'm a student, is there a cheaper fix that will fix the radio and the air conditioning.

Also, I am located in Columbus, Ohio. Has anyone gotten this problem resolved in Ohio?
  • I've been experiencing this issue for the past few years. A/C would go full blast, the radio would only be accessible through the steering wheel. It would do that for a few minutes/hours, sometimes even a day. Then it would go back to normal. Recently, it hasn't.

So I started strolling the "interwebz" for solutions. I did the obvious and changed all the corresponding fuses and still nothing.

I called Infiniti Consumer affairs and gave them my VIN number, unfortunately, they told me that this wasn't covered under a recall at least for me and my extended warranty has expired.

So I bit the bullet and called the dealership. They were aware of the problem but quoted me a price of $600 to repair it. Now my car is almost 10 years old and wasn't really looking into putting $600 minimum to replace it.

So I looked around New Jersey for places that could possibly repair it. Each place wasn't necessarily aware and were hesitant to do any work on it.

It then dawned on me, what if there wasn't an issue and I just wanted to replace my radio? So I called the dealership again and asked what the $600 covered and was informed a new radio and that the wiring for the AC ran through the radio. I then pressed them, well, what's to stop me from just purchasing a new radio from Best Buy. Then said, if they wired it through the stereo, there shouldn't be a problem.

So I called Best Buy, and they said, they could replace a radio in a G35 and were cognizant of the AC wiring. However, I would have to purchases some additional materials, wiring and a new face plate for my stereo.

I purchased the Metra Kit, antenna adapter, and the amplifier integration harness through Amazon.

I bought a $90 stereo from Best Buy. Cost $50 to install it. With the previous purchased and a couple of new parts, it totaled a little over $325 for everything.

Air conditioner is controllable again and the stereo works great.

Only think is the new buttons for my air conditioner look a little "cheap" from the Metra kit.

Otherwise, I'm happy. I paid about half of what I would have paid going to Infiniti.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    I have had to remove several posts lately that contained phone numbers. Please don't post ANY contact info in the forums - this is particularly important when the contact info doesn't belong to you.

You can post a name and the name of the company - let people google for the rest. Thanks!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• So Do You Think I Will Have Electrical Problems After I Install My Doublin Din Interface with The Double Din Radio For My Infiniti G35 2003?
  • I have the same issue with my G35. Can you please share with Best Buy you went to? I live in NJ as well. Thank you so much!
  • Hey do you have the actual number for this mechanic?
  • joekeyesjoekeyes Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I had a center stack inoperable problem (off and on) for years. The dealer was no help. They wanted $150 to tell me how much the repair would cost. Crazy, right?

I finally found a guy on eBay who would fix the problem for $160. All I had to do was remove the radio and send it to him. But, as it turns out, we're both in LA so I drove to his shop in El Monte and he fixed the problem for $200. ($160 for the repair, $40 to remove and re-install.) In and out in under an hour. No aftermarket parts needed.

Before I left I asked what the problem was. (I'd heard it was a bad audio finisher board, but that's not right.) According to John, the guy who fixed it, some solder connections fail and kill the power. Which kills the power to the HVAC controls as well.

I had it done today and so far so good. It came with a 90 day warranty.

You can reach John through eBay (member xw1600) or info@oemfactoryradio.com.

Or, if you don't live in the LA area, you can probably find a competent radio tech to do the same thing.

I hope this helps.

BTW, I just read the message a dozen replies up about the same guy.
  • alourdesalourdes Posts: 1
    hey,
    thanks for your information. I have the same problem. my ac turns on by itself and I cannot turn off the ac neither can I turn on the radio. hey can you give me the info of the shop that did the repair. I would like to bring my car in to get it fixed.

thanks
  • vonbunnvonbunn Posts: 1
    What year is your G35? I am considering buying a 2006 G35, what is your take on this?

Thanks, if you are still available on this site.

Dann
  • beemerbeebeemerbee Posts: 8
    I have a 2003 G35. I lile the vehicle but Infiniti does not stand by their products.
  • smithmarksmithmark Posts: 1
    I think there's a problem in your battery.

Female electrician
  • I have a 2008 g35x and I have a problem. Nothing on the screen. Cant turn on radio. Ac stays on and I have no controls. I can see everyone had that problem with the older ones but has anyone had problems with the newer ones?
  • beemerbeebeemerbee Posts: 8
    Contact John Huang @ (626) 454-1645
  • It sounds like a lot of us have the same problem. I also have a 2003 G35 infinity. The controls went, the ac is stuck on. I can only control the radio from the steering wheel. I found that there is/was a voluntary service campaign ITBO3-007b, Audio Finisher Circuit Board. It costs $1,500 to repair at the dealer. When I dropped the car off at the dealer, he said it wasn't covered. I call Infinity's consumer affairs line 1-800-662-6200. I was told that my car's vin was not listed. There was nothing they could do. Now, I see this is an ongoing problem for a lot of us. It would be great if you all could call and report your issue, maybe infinity will take notice. I feel that infinity still has a problem with the Audio finisher circuit board, Infinity is aware of it and will not correct it. Anybody have any other suggestions for me?
  • Contact JohnHuang in message 443.
  • Hi vfr0092,

I need to repair my 2003 G35 which now has the AC on full blast w/o any way to control it nor the radio.

Did the "fix" from 2009 work long enough for you? I am considering that same fix versus a new car stereo.

Thanks
  • I got my fix over a year ago and so far no problem. And I got it fix for $300.
  • rhard49rhard49 Posts: 226
    Yes join the infiniti auto xclub our motto "ONE AND DONE"

Another happy G Owner
  • I have no problems since my repairs. See post #443. Good luck!
  • Hi Dungster1,

Where/who fixed it for you?

I am in Dallas and don't know if there is any G35 gurus to do this. I did see the Florida outfit (Factory Car Stereo Repair : www.carstereohelp.com).

Thanks