Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Electrical Issues

Comments

• castroocastroo Posts: 14
    get whichever you like.. i used crutchfield as they provide the install kit and a discount on the dash kit if you buy a radio with them
  • Many of the stores that specialize in car audio have a tool that will allow you to find which units fit your vehicle. I'm not sure how accurate this one is:
    http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/VehicleFitGuide.aspx

But it does list some for the G35. I believe that Crutchfield has a similar tool.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• aboneeabonee Posts: 2
    Hi! So any of you have a navigation system and if so, does it effect the metra kit installation?
  • aboneeabonee Posts: 2
    also, if i am having the exact same problem as all of you wirh my a/c and radio. what is the reasoning for purchasing the metra kit? does that fix the a/c, or isthat neededto coinside wth the radio? Sorry, nobody knows how to help me
  • I've been going through this since 2004. Infinity did replace THREE radios but each one failed after about 3-12 months. After my 2003 Infinity G-35 Sedan was out of warranty it was adios Amigo and hasta la vista Sucker! Here I am and its 2012; the whole electronic dash is now completely failing. AC, heat, radio controls and everything else tied in to the radio is completely wasted. I have talked to Infinity for years about this problem but their unabashed denial of a serious problem is laughable at best. I LOVE my Infinity G35 but I will NEVER and I mean NEVER buy another Nissan product as long as I live. The way they handle these defective issues are embarrassingly inexcusable and hopefully will have to answer for their total lack of regard to all of us.
  • You probably know by now, the Metra kit(s) are 1) A mounting kit for what ever after market head unit applies (single din, double din, etc.) 2) The wiring harness a/m to factory adaptation; there may also be a data interface of some variation, but probably not on this year model. Further more, the whole center control assemblage and adjacent dash panels must be removed for the head unit installation.

One of the techs here has installed a CD/DVD/Radio/Nav double din head unit w/ 6 pair speakers, one sub, 2 amps and it's great.

But for the previously unknown to us "battery eater" mode which was either triggered by the install or was there already. It didn't produce a dead battery until we went into the dash ... customer is in Afghanistan and has never seen the car in person.

It's taken an effort from me to convince the shop owner and others here that whatever the problem, it did not come from our install. Cars don't act like this G35 '03 @ the battery(s) unless there's a collaterally tripped and/or preexisting issue.

As for our customer ... I hope this issue isn't a mark for electrical death. With the suspension and many other bolt-ons / mods it's becoming quite the investment.
  • ameer2ameer2 Posts: 1
    I am trying to find the solution to turn signals shutting off the cruise control. It doesn't matter what speed and it consistent 100% of the time.

I've only read one other place where this has happened, but no post were made if a solution was found.

Any suggestions besides the obvious. I do have some experience with cars/electrical. The car seems to have been involved in a front end collision, but never reported on Carfax. I just bought the car last week.
  • tirwin2tirwin2 Posts: 1
    Do you have a name of the company that will fix problem ?
  • nickdecarlnickdecarl Posts: 16
    http://www.carstereohelp.com/infiniti.htm

This is the place that fixed my G35 about 3 years ago. If you search backwards in the thread you can find my original posts. Highly professional -- I made an appt. and made a two hour drive to have it done -- very happy happy.

Nick
  • canadag35canadag35 Posts: 7
    Can anyone recommend a place to get this fixed in Toronto, Canada or Buffalo, New York - preferably Toronto Canada, but I can drive to Buffalo.

I have also read of a few companies in the U.S. that can ship a new radio unit for approx $300. How hard is it to remove the current unit and replace with new one?

Is it possible that the problem requires a different solution than replacing the radio. For example, could it simply be a loose connection? My radio/AC controls were working occasionally a few months ago but now are not working at all.

Finally, I have a problem with the NAV system that has been going on much longer than the radio/AC problem. It also was working intermittently, but now has not worked for sometime. I had always assumed this was just a loose cable since the NAV moves up and down each time you open and close it, but perhaps I am wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
  • dungster1dungster1 Posts: 3
    Ac is constantly on and can not change temp control. Radio is on but can not change station or anything. Cd changer stuck. Control panel light not on. Can anyone tell me where to get this fix, preferably in Las Vegas and around how much it will cost me? Thanks.
  • dungster1dungster1 Posts: 3
    did changing the head unit really work? Did your ac control work too? I have the same prob and don't know what to do. But if anyone that have this and fixing it by chaning the radio unit, please let me know.
  • canadag35canadag35 Posts: 7
    I saw an old post from you regarding the radi/ac control issues. You were looking for a place in Toronto to get it repaired.

I have the same problem with my G35 and I live in Toronto. Can you tell me where you had it repaired, approximately how much you paid and whether you would recommend the place?

Barry
  • eskimoaneskimoan Posts: 1
    Hi teza11,

Do you happen to have an address for XW Electronic Company? I would like to take my G35 there to get the audio unit fixed. Thank you very much in advance. :)
  • teza11teza11 Posts: 1
    Hi Eskimoan,

I no longer have the address. I suggest that you call the phone number I posted and ask for John.

Good luck!
  • cr729cr729 Posts: 5
    I haven't posted in a while, but I ended up with an after market replacement of my audio system, the steering wheel controls and the A/C/audio control Metra dash kit. I priced it around locally and found a place called Mad Mark's Audio. They also installed it. It's been almost a year and am very happy with my new system, especially because I now have satellite-ready HD radio, bluetooth for my phone as well as a hookup for my Ipod. They also retrieved all 6 of my CD's that were stuck in the original unit without damaging them. The only thing I gave up was the multiple CD changer and the tape player, but who uses tapes anymore? I find I use my Ipod much more than the CD player. I highly recommend an after market solution to give this older model car some of the bells & whistles of a newer car.
  • I just had this radio problem fixed by John Huang at XW Electronic Company. He is in El Monte, California (Southern California, east of Los Angeles) and will fix your radio/multi-CD player on site or you can arrange to mail it and he'll repair it. My cost for removal and repair on site was $190.00, plus he replaced a burned-out light bulb in my clock. My dealer in San Diego quoted over $500.00 and that was a few years ago. It probably will cost 2x's that now. Mr. Huang is excellent and the repair, which took 1 hour was efficient. XW Electronic Co. He's also on Ebay. The forum does not allow posting of phone numbers, but you'll find his full contact info on Ebay. P.S. I understand that a lot of dealers send the radios/CD players to Mr. Huang.
  • Does anyone know if the stereo system is changed will the a/c start working again properly? Im going to instal and aftermarket stereo receiver and get rid of the problem causing Bose. Will the a/c start working again or do i need to have that fixed separately?
  • cr729cr729 Posts: 5
    Yes, it will fix the a/c problem. I had an aftermarket audio system installed and it's better than the original Bose in that it has bluetooth, HD radio and an Ipod connection. The Metra replacement panel for the a/c controls is not quite the same quality as the original but it looks ok and it works just fine. Most websites only carry black or silver but if your interior is that tan color, then try to find one that will match because they do make it, it's just not as readily available as the black or silver. I saw one today on Amazon for $167.95.
  • thanks yeah i have all the components, steering wheel adapter, replacement panel and adapter to bose speakers. big relief to know i dont have to do anything to the a/c. i did notice what you said about the button quality... i was hoping they were the same size buttons and maybe i could just switch them. Ill check when it arrives.